• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
http://www.smithsonianmag.com/museumday/museum-day-live-2016/

Member Summary
Staff Summary
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

thanks OP

These are few and far between. 
Searched 3 different states & zips.
2 came up empty, and the one that worked was for a place with free admission every day.

YMMV

iowahawkeye said:   These are few and far between. 
Searched 3 different states & zips.
2 came up empty, and the one that worked was for a place with free admission every day.

YMMV

Of course it depends on there being a participating museum in the area and as noted in the info about Museum Day, most Smithsonian Museums are always free.  I will be going to the Senator John Heinz History Center in Pittsburgh where the admission rate is $16.00.

The only one worth seeing near me is the History Colorado Museum, and right now they're running Awkward Family Photos. As if that's worthy of a museum exhibit.

The Grammy Museum in LA is on the list and a new Ramones/Birth of Punk exhibit opens Sep 16, 2016. Hey, Ho, Let's go!!!!

Thanks, got tickets for Storm King Art Center 1 Museum Rd New Windsor, NY. Just a little early for peak fall colors, but it should be fun anyways.

No matter how far I zoom in on their map, it just keeps showing me the combined icon and never resolves into individual museums. It makes it impossible to find the museums near me.

fxm87 said:   No matter how far I zoom in on their map, it just keeps showing me the combined icon and never resolves into individual museums. It makes it impossible to find the museums near me.
  Just search by zip code:  http://www.smithsonianmag.com/museumday/venues/museum-day-live-2...

Thanks, Found about 30 museums near me. Picked 2, 1 for saturday, and 1 said they are closed on saturdays so they will accept it on sunday.

Thanks for the post, going on a trip to Baltimore, MD and was looking for something to do Saturday morning. Will save us $36 on admission for 3 people.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2017