posted 2 months ago by
NorCal2013
Ancient Member

Home Depot has Kwikset Smartcode single cylinder satin nickel finish electronic deadbolt for Wink HUB on sale for $119.40.   Was $199.00 for a savings of 40%.  Model 910.  Price is good through October 2nd.

The Wink HUB compatible SmartCode 910 Deadbolt allows the user to lock or unlock the door to remotely, check the lock status and receive notifications when someone enters the home. Interact with other connected products such lighting and thermostats using the Wink HUB's mobile app. With your personalized code, you can enter your home with the convenience of keyless entry and the back-lit keypad provides increased visibility.

• Featuring SmartKey® re-key technology; re-key the lock yourself in seconds in 3 easy steps
  • SmartKey® re-key technology is only compatible with a Kwikset or KW1 keyway key
  • Compatible with Wink HUB
  • Motorized deadbolt for true remote locking and unlocking from anywhere
  • Get notifications when someone enters your home
  • Up to 30 customizable user access codes
  • Backlit keypad with dedicated lock button
  • Customized automatic door locking after 30 seconds for peace of mind
  • Installs in minutes with just a screw driver no hard wiring needed
  • Fits standard doors (1-3/8 in. - 2 in.) no new screw holes required
  • Requires 4 AA batteries, purchased separately
  • Lifetime mechanical and finish warranty, 1 year electronics warranty
  • This item is compatible with the Wink home automation system and can connect to several other items to control and customize your home with automated rules, shortcuts, & more, all with no monthly feesbr /br /centerimg

http://www.homedepot.com/p/Kwikset-SmartCode-Single-Cylinder-Sat... 

14 Comments
Add Comment
rated:
Almost half price discout

rated:
Been looking into one of these with airbnb in mind. 140 at Amazon and about 120 at Amazon warehouse. Anyone use these? Will need one soon for airbnb since changing locks online would simplify my life.

rated:
One thing to keep in mind about these is that the door needs to be lined up well. Something like this, although not "smart" lets you physically turn the lock yourself. That saves a little bit of battery, but I also like since in my case I need to pull on the door a bit to get my deadbolt to line up.

rated:
theknightisfree said:   Been looking into one of these with airbnb in mind. 140 at Amazon and about 120 at Amazon warehouse. Anyone use these? Will need one soon for airbnb since changing locks online would simplify my life.
  Yes, we are using this lock.  I wish it has 10 numeric keypads in lieu of combined.  It works as described and easy to install. 

rated:
This is much much better that those August smart lock piles of crap. Don;t even get me started on just how bad the August products really are. THESE though, work great and as advertised with only a little more involved in the installation which is easy for me. Anyone with a littel DIY under their belts should be able to install.

rated:
I use mine with a SmartThings hub and it works well. Battery life hasn't been an issue for me. While I agree with kenwallet and prefer sepserate buttons for all the numbers, with muscle memory, you get used to hitting the right buttons twice if necessary.

rated:
I highly recommend this one instead. It's a bit more pricey but i think quality is better. Been using it for about 9months and no issues at all.

https://www.amazon.com/Schlage-BE365VPLY505-Plymouth-Keypad-Dead...

rated:
patofw said:   One thing to keep in mind about these is that the door needs to be lined up well. Something like https://smile.amazon.com/Schlage-BE365VCAM619-Camelot-Keypad-Deadbolt/dp/B000NJJ1MQ/, although not "smart" lets you physically turn the lock yourself. That saves a little bit of battery, but I also like since in my case I need to pull on the door a bit to get my deadbolt to line up.

Did you tried moving the hole where the bolt goes into so you wont have to pull on the door? Usually just remove metal plate and chisel some of the material to shift the plate position.

rated:
patofw said:   One thing to keep in mind about these is that the door needs to be lined up well. Something like https://smile.amazon.com/Schlage-BE365VCAM619-Camelot-Keypad-Deadbolt/dp/B000NJJ1MQ/, although not "smart" lets you physically turn the lock yourself. That saves a little bit of battery, but I also like since in my case I need to pull on the door a bit to get my deadbolt to line up.
  The Kwikset unit in this thread also lets you physically turn the lock yourself, either with the level from the inside or the key from the outside, so this and the one you linked are equivalent as far "physical turning" capability goes.  Your point about the lining up of the latch and hole are valid for both though.

rated:
I have had the Schalge one for about 7 years now and would not trade it for the world. It beats kids loosing the house keys and we used additional codes when we had a kitchen remodel. 

rated:
Is it easy to install?

rated:
hiroo said:   
patofw said:   One thing to keep in mind about these is that the door needs to be lined up well. Something like https://smile.amazon.com/Schlage-BE365VCAM619-Camelot-Keypad-Deadbolt/dp/B000NJJ1MQ/, although not "smart" lets you physically turn the lock yourself. That saves a little bit of battery, but I also like since in my case I need to pull on the door a bit to get my deadbolt to line up.
  The Kwikset unit in this thread also lets you physically turn the lock yourself, either with the level from the inside or the key from the outside, so this and the one you linked are equivalent as far "physical turning" capability goes.  Your point about the lining up of the latch and hole are valid for both though.

I agreed, this door lock set would be better because no battery needed.

rated:
hiroo said:   
patofw said:   One thing to keep in mind about these is that the door needs to be lined up well. Something like https://smile.amazon.com/Schlage-BE365VCAM619-Camelot-Keypad-Deadbolt/dp/B000NJJ1MQ/, although not "smart" lets you physically turn the lock yourself. That saves a little bit of battery, but I also like since in my case I need to pull on the door a bit to get my deadbolt to line up.
  The Kwikset unit in this thread also lets you physically turn the lock yourself, either with the level from the inside or the key from the outside, so this and the one you linked are equivalent as far "physical turning" capability goes.  Your point about the lining up of the latch and hole are valid for both though

I have had 2 of the Schlages for several years now, haven't had to change the battery yet, I love it.  
While I have no need for the "smart" feature of the item in OP, I can see the benefit for those that need to change or add codes remotely at a moment's notice.  Gonna have to keep these in mind.

rated:
Do not buy any kwikset with smart key. They can be easily forced open.

https://youtu.be/sR-h64WwfW8

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2016