• Page :
  • Text Only
  • Search this Topic »
Voting History
rated:

Member Summary
Staff Summary
Categorized in
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

rated:
Wow. I would feel more comfortable buying a hot dog from a street vendor than buying anything from this guy.  

What crappy feedback looks like 

rated:
jmax31 said:   Wow. I would feel more comfortable buying a hot dog from a street vendor than buying anything from this guy.  

You made me look, thank you but I'm not sure he's as bad as it might seem. Looks like a 98.7 positive rating. Not sure if that is bad for somebody doing an average of about 9000 transactions a month with over 1/4 of a million overall. The cat tree looks like a good deal. The one plus I see is that it isn't coming from China, although it's probably made there.

As of yet, I'm undecided, I'll have to check with my simian counterpart.

How about you Moonbeam? Why did you give this deal a red? Would be helpful information.

rated:
Look, I'm all about a great deal. I just see too many red flags or "red feedback" on this one. I am currently an eBay Powerseller and have been selling for over 16 years. I don't do the same volume as this guy, but having this many negative hits signifies that there is a major problem. A few here and there will happen, especially if you sell generic items to generic customers. I would personally walk away from this "deal". (And I would love to get one for my cat)

rated:
jmax31 said:   Wow. I would feel more comfortable buying a hot dog from a street vendor than buying anything from this guy.  

This is unfair to the seller.   You have a link to just negative feedback.  Overall positive is >98%

rated:
Cat Scratch fever !!

rated:
jmax31 said:   Look, I'm all about a great deal. I just see too many red flags or "red feedback" on this one. I am currently an eBay Powerseller and have been selling for over 16 years. I don't do the same volume as this guy, but having this many negative hits signifies that there is a major problem. A few here and there will happen, especially if you sell generic items to generic customers. I would personally walk away from this "deal". (And I would love to get one for my cat)
  Thanks again, I do appreciate your input. What is your opinion on his 98.7 feedback rating? Low? High? Please gimme a clue.

rated:
How is this even possible. The shipping alone is probably $40 something.

rated:
Delerious said:   How is this even possible. The shipping alone is probably $40 something.

maybe you have to assemble / build the whole thing. 

rated:
Atariman56 said:   
jmax31 said:   Look, I'm all about a great deal. I just see too many red flags or "red feedback" on this one. I am currently an eBay Powerseller and have been selling for over 16 years. I don't do the same volume as this guy, but having this many negative hits signifies that there is a major problem. A few here and there will happen, especially if you sell generic items to generic customers. I would personally walk away from this "deal". (And I would love to get one for my cat)
  Thanks again, I do appreciate your input. What is your opinion on his 98.7 feedback rating? Low? High? Please gimme a clue.

Lol, 98.7% is great, no idea what this guy is talking about. If you look at any retailer (Target, bestbuy, etc) they all have lower % ratings. What's the worse that can happen? They charge your CC and don't ship? Just complain to eBay/CC company you immediately get the money back.

I am sure it comes in a fairly small box and you would have to assemble the whole thing, that would be the biggest downside for me - time investment into putting it together.  

rated:
Same thing is on Amazon for $10 - $15 more. 4 out of 5 stars.

https://www.amazon.com/BestPet-73-Inch-Scratcher-House-Furniture...

rated:
polishdreamer said:   Cat Scratch fever !!
  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PRTwOZoWTmQ

rated:
Keep in mind you are getting what you pay for. I bought a similar tree last year, different seller. It's the cheapest possible materials ever, but it works and the cat loves it. The horizontal surfaces are a cheap felt like material. The tubes are cardboard with very thin cheap carpeting around them. The sisal is thin and isn't held on by much.

And yeah, you're assembling 20+ pieces. The box was huge and I also wondered how much it cost to ship.

But, it was worth it for me, my cat uses it all of the time.

rated:
yeah. it is made in china. these are pretty generic and have been sold for a long time by all kinds of vendors. you should be able to find a vendor you like with a price that you like. i have one that's about fifteen years old. i'll buy a new one, but only because the old one has been beaten to death by six cats over that time, and it'll be cheaper to buy new and have it shipped to a new location than to move it cross country. 

you assemble it yourself, it's super-easy and takes about half an hour. 

rated:
I ordered one. We'll see how good it is. Last time I bought a cat tree (not from here), I had to assemble it, so I expect that. And in my mind, it doesn't have to be spectacular materials; it just has to function. My cat won't care beyond that.

rated:
I had one of these years ago. The cats loved it, but the materials were super cheap. My favorite was discovering the tubes were cardboard. My sweet, somewhat dumb cat was sitting on a perch, while the cardboard tube was collapsing. He refused to get off, and let out a comical, sad meow as the perch slowly tilted over. My next cat condo was made by some guy on eBay, with carpet and real wood. He said he tested his units by sitting on them after he constructed them, and they could bear his 250 lb frame. Had a picture of him sitting on it too! It set me back about $125 shipped, and I had to put it together, but it's been over a decade, taken apart and put back together for three moves, and it's still solid. I replaced some sisal where the cats scratched it raw, but other than that, even the carpet is still plush as on day one.

rated:
I have one of these I bought on Amazon 2 years ago. Materials are cheap, but the structure is okay for my 10 pound cat. I think a 15-20 pound cat may tip it over if it were able to jump on the higher platforms.

rated:
I bought this exact one, and two observations: First, I expected not great quality. I was still disappointed. The sides of the cubes are fabric, not even particleboard or cardboard. The tubes are lightweight cardboard. The whole thing is VERY flimsy. Second, the cat they use in the photo has to be a kitten. My cat doesn't use it at all because he doesn't fit in the house portion where he'd love to sleep.

rated:
Not bad for price. I bought this and it was shipped pretty fast. Easy to assemble. But my cats hate it. Won't go near it except to try and eat the several strands of glue hanging off various parts of it. Agree with previous comments about cat size. My cats are about 9-11lbs and 12-14lbs respectively and even one cat at a time will make the whole structure wobble, even if they're only half way up. Hindsight would def pass on this puppy. Also, def gives off a glue/oil type odor.

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2016