• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:

Lowe's Home Improvement: Appliances, Tools, Hardware, Paint, Flooring
Disclaimer
Lowes Scot's EZ Seed  -  50% off selection varies by store   Offers end 9/26/2016  Seems to be nationwide

Member Summary

ezseed
Thanks BMWLVR82
Disclaimer
Not seed, patch and repair mix.
Staff Summary
  • Also categorized in:
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

I bought-in on the 50% sale last Fall and this stuff works great! If you've got areas of the lawn to patch after summer stress, this is highly recommended.

THIS IS ALSO ON CLEARANCE AT Target $16.00 A BAG

Thanks, OP!

Not grass seed. Patch and repair mix.

You're buying mostly mulch! Don't compare this to pure seed.
For what you get, it's vastly overpriced. Mulch is dirt cheap.

Is it too late to do some lawn repair?

canoeguy1 said:   Mulch is dirt cheap.

I see what you did there.

BinkyBill said:   Is it too late to do some lawn repair?
Fall is actually a very good time to seed. Of course it depends on where you live, but with fall planting, the seed will germinate and the cold temps will cause it to go dormant. It is dormant above ground, but below ground it will continue to grow, establishing a good root system to support spring growth.

One disadvantage of fall planting is that fall months are often the driest months of the year, so you may need to provide sufficient water to nurture the new growth.

icewinsagain said:   THIS IS ALSO ON CLEARANCE AT Target $16.00 A BAG
  How many pounds?

At the current conversion rate, that would be about £12.09

UkeDoggie said:   At the current conversion rate, that would be about £12.09
  You mean 12.09lbs ??

It's ironic that I'm thinking of purchasing this to seed the areas of my lawn that were burned when I used Scotts fertilizer.

EradicateSpam said:   Not grass seed. Patch and repair mix.
  How does it repair? I thought repairing the lawn would be to spray seeds to grow grass. I'm not sure what this Patch and repair mix means.

gangt said:   
EradicateSpam said:   Not grass seed. Patch and repair mix.
  How does it repair? I thought repairing the lawn would be to spray seeds to grow grass. I'm not sure what this Patch and repair mix means.

Maybe you should read the product description on the Lowe's site or Scott's site or ...

Buy a bag of potting soil, mix in the seed that you want (which is higher quality and the correct type for the area you are seeding), and you will have a better product for much cheaper.

This is good for a quick fix, or where you don't have a lot of access or time like a cemetery plot. The devil is in the details, all the stores do not follow the ad, some are 33% off, and my store only had 1 variety with only 3 left!

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2017