posted 2 months ago by
marcopolomle
Senior Member - 2K

https://social.ringplus.net/discussion/7997?

We have 3 promotional plans starting tomorrow Friday, September 16th, 2016 at 9am Pacific until Monday, September 19th, 2016 at 9pm Pacific.
The Mad Team and Hot Pastrami Sandwich plan promotions are available for all cell phone users, not exclusively iPhone users.

29 Comments
Add Comment
rated:
Promo 1:

All RingPlus plans this weekend will include:

- First, you can bring your number over for free (free porting).

- Second, RingPlus will double your top up for each new activated iPhone for any new member on any Free Plan and will give existing members a $10 extra top up for switching an iPhone onto an existing free or paid RingPlus cell phone plan. Please allow 2 days from close of the promotion for your matching credits to post to your account. Sorry, no gaming the system! The iPhone may not have been active on RingPlus for at least 3 weeks and you cannot switch multiple iPhones on to the same phone number, etc. Please be fair.

- Last but not least, we will also give any new Member and existing Member+ an extra recurring 60-day 500 MB add-on that renews every other month for each iPhone activated on any plan during the promotional window. To be clear, the add-on is 500MB and you have 60 days to use it. At the end of the 60 days, you will receive another 60-day add-on until you cancel the plan, the plan is no longer offered, or for any other unforeseeable reason. Again, no gaming the system! The iPhone may not have been active on RingPlus for at least 3 weeks and you cannot switch multiple iPhones on to the same phone number, etc. Please be fair.

- Purchasing a SIM card from store.ringplus.net during this promo’s open times will hold your space in the offered plans for up to 21 days from close of the promotion. The Mad Team and Hot Pastrami Sandwich plan promotions are available for all cell phone users, not exclusively iPhone users. You will receive a promotional code and instructions with your order. Please see the chart below for which SIM cards must be ordered.

Promo 2:

Hot Pastrami Sandwich Free Plan: An Increasing Free Plan

- The Hot Pastrami Sandwich Free Plan starts with 4,500 talk, text, MMS, and MB of data and increases up to 7,000 talk, text, MMS, and MB of data over a six-month period.

- A $29 Top Up is required to cover overages. If, and only if, the Top-Up balance reaches $0, another $29 auto Top Up will be automatically charged to your credit card on file. Normally, RingPlus requires a $39 auto Top Up, therefore, reducing your startup cost by $10 to only $29.

Here is how it will work:

1) The Hot Pastrami Sandwich Free Plan will start out with the following:

Free/month: 4,500 talk, 4,500 text, 4,500 MMS, and 4,500 MB of Full-Speed 4G LTE data.

2) Over the next six billing cycles, RingPlus will add an additional 500 talk, text, MMS, and MB of Full-Speed 4G LTE data to the Hot Pastrami Sandwich Plan until you have 7,000 talk, text, MMS, and MB of Full-Speed 4G LTE data.

Overages: $0.05 per minute, text, and MMS and $15 per GB of data

Tethering will be available for $3.99 and will be drawn from the top up.

Top Up for New Activations:

A $29 Top Up is required to cover overages. If, and only if, the Top-Up balance reaches $0, another $29 auto Top Up will be automatically charged to your credit card on file.

Upgrades: The number of upgrades will depend on how many new activations occur during the promotion. Therefore, upgrades may be suspended for a short time during the promotion while we wait for new activations. Please check periodically.

Regular Upgrades:

A $20 upgrade fee will be charged to your credit card and added to your existing Top Up balance. Afterwards, if, and only if, the Top Up balance reaches $0, another $29 auto Top Up will be automatically charged to your credit card on file. Please allow 2 days from close of the promotion for your matching credits to post to your account. Please note that the upgrade fee has been reduced by $5 from $25 to $20.

Member+ Upgrades:

A $5 upgrade fee will be charged to your credit card and added to your existing Top Up balance. Afterwards, if, and only if, the Top Up balance reaches $0, another $29 auto Top Up will be automatically charged to your credit card on file. Please allow 2 days from close of the promotion for your matching credits to post to your account. Please note that the upgrade fee has been reduced by $5 from $10 to $5.

Overages will be drawn from your Top Up balance, plus applicable telecom taxes and fees.

Promo 3:

Mad Team Plan

Current RingPlus members know what Mad means, but here’s an explanation for newbies to our community. Normally, RingPlus plans are routed over RingPlus, so we can offer radio stations with music, news, and advertisement during the ringing signal, in-call apps like the online cloud translator, RingPlus call transcript, and more. Mad means it is directly routed over the Sprint Network; sadly, no RingPlus in-call apps or technology is available for prepaid subscribers directly routed over the Sprint Network. All Mad plans bill directly to your credit card, not your top up balance. However, you will enjoy the same stable service as the Sprint Nationwide Network. If you increase your top up to over $50, you will also have access to nationwide roaming via other contracted networks. Attention: roaming will cost extra, therefore, we recommend using Sprint without roaming.

For $25, get unlimited talk, text and MMS, and 2.5 GB of full speed LTE data. Afterwards, unlimited data will be available throttled to 128k. Add a second Mad Team line for just $9.99/month.

No risk of overages! If you want more full speed data, you always can purchase a 1GB add-on for $12. If you want to enable tethering, the charge will bill directly to your credit card and cost $3 per week.

rated:
I've tried to upgrade in the past but never have been approved. What's the best way to get into the upgrade queue? I think I sent an email or filled out a web form that wasn't particularly assuring.

rated:
how do we activate RingPlus with iPhone ???!

rated:
peas said:   I've tried to upgrade in the past but never have been approved. What's the best way to get into the upgrade queue? I think I sent an email or filled out a web form that wasn't particularly assuring.
  It is done through the dashboard now as a $20 fee that is added to your account as a $20 topup a few days later.  The number of upgrades will depend on how many new activations occur during the promotion. Therefore, upgrades may be suspended for a short time during the promotion while we wait for new activations. Please check periodically.

rated:
Two mad team lines for just $35/mo plus tax. Sprint prepaid would be around $90 plus tax. The deals just keep coming!

rated:
alexnguyenseattle said:   how do we activate RingPlus with iPhone ???!

I would assume it's the same with all other phones.  Use their phone check, it require the IMEI number of the phone.  If that is good, than you just need a Sprint sim and credit card.

rated:
 silly silly silly people

rated:
alexnguyenseattle said:   how do we activate RingPlus with iPhone ???!

* Need a compatible iPhone
* Need a Sprint SIM card (best is to get them free at an Apple Store)

rated:
I was able to upgrade but will not take affect until next billing cycle. My phones have long since paid for themselves. My mom keeps wanting me not to pay anything for phone. Tell her I dont, it is free until the company ceases operation. I am waiting for the Note 7 refurbs, hope they are priced well.

rated:
I have one line with an iPhone already. Am I getting anything just for having that? Don't think so...

Will add a new line today with an iPhone. So Hot Pastrami will cost me $29+ tax, but I should get an extra $10 and extra 500mb because of the iPhone on this one, right?

rated:
--I was able to upgrade 1 iphone which was on 'Ageless' plan to the 'Hot Pastrami Sandwich - Upgrade' plan
-- Not a member+
- Effective next cycle start
- No charge today (will use existing 'ageless' plan funds') or on monthly basis. one time $20 charge to upgrade plan
- free tethering on monthly basis - no charge now for it or in future.

that's all I can recall..

Now I have to figure out how to enable tething on iphone. The phone doesn't have the tethring/hotspot option show up. Maybe its a 'firmware/locked' Sprint phone scenario. Everything has been working fine for last few months on AGELESS plan except the ability to have hotspot. I didn't sign up for it earlier on ringplus as I didnt see the option on the phone itself. Not sure how I can enable hotspot now starting next cycle.

rated:
just picked up a Hot Pastrami for My Moto G4...

rated:
deals4travel said:   … free tethering on monthly basis - no charge now for it or in future.

This is pulled directly from the Ringplus announcement for the Free Pastrami plan:

"Tethering will be available for $3.99 and will be drawn from the top up."

Where did the "no charge now for it or in future" come from?

rated:
Is Pastrami plan same as Mad BBQ brisket plan launched during labor day weekend? that mad brisket plan is on spring server directly without any advertisement. Waiting for that free plan again..

rated:
I"m too busy right not to be sure but that Pastrami is just another capped plan like BLT so NO TOS and NOT anything like Brisket MAD, that was a rare one.

Nice they reserve plan with R+ sim. Anyone guess which sim for the new Amazon Prime phone, the moto g4 PLAY? It's shipping now from Amazon for $99 ad version. I'm guessing it's the same at old moto G4 which is 446c sim
oops, seems to be a problem activating early on, Sprint needs to white list it asap 
This phone is fantastic for the price and the build quality was excellent. However Sprint stated the phone cannot be activated since it is not in their database as an approved device for their "Bring Your Own Phone" program. According to Sprint's website only the Moto G4 and Moto G4 Plus are eligible to be activated. In store the rep tried to activate the Play and was unsuccessful.
check the user feedback https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01KBH547A

rated:
eandtee said:   
deals4travel said:   … free tethering on monthly basis - no charge now for it or in future.

This is pulled directly from the Ringplus announcement for the Free Pastrami plan:

"Tethering will be available for $3.99 and will be drawn from the top up."

Where did the "no charge now for it or in future" come from?

On the final 'plan change' page it gives the option to add tethering & member+ as 2 recommended options. tethering was offered as free now with no monthly and member+ was $120 (i think one time). You pick your option and finalize the change plan.

rated:
Free tethering was not available on the page for me, I assume it was some sort of glitch, I see the expected $4.

rated:
My experience with Ringplus is that it is lousy for voice but is fine for data or text. I don't always get calls nor does it go to voicemail and outgoing calls sound horrible, at least that's what people tell me. Now, I only use it for data and texting.

rated:
firaz said:   Free tethering was not available on the page for me, I assume it was some sort of glitch, I see the expected $4.

I think I was one of the first to sign up today when the plan opened so there might have been a limit for free tethering signups this morning.

Anyways I am pretty happy with Ringplus. I have had good service for last 6+ months with LTE data/text/voice on an iphone on Sprint network. My only cost so far has been initial $25 and $20 next month when the plan gets changed. The only time the $25 balance gets reduced is when I send MMS messages for 5c each.

If I can get tethering to work to use as hotspot (ready even to pay for it monthly) would be even better.

rated:
Did anyone else get charged $3.99/mo for the Free Tethering feature offered during signup for the Hot Pastrami Sandwich - Upgrade ?

rated:
I'm seeing the Pastrami upgrade still available if you are hungry. It might come and go all day. 

rated:
shallot said:   My experience with Ringplus is that it is lousy for voice but is fine for data or text. I don't always get calls nor does it go to voicemail and outgoing calls sound horrible, at least that's what people tell me. Now, I only use it for data and texting.
  I'm still a fairly big R+ supporter. Without them, 3 kids wouldn't have a phone but with the recent 15/GB data overage, I have to watch their usage like a hawk. Maybe not all plans have that excessive charge but that keeps me from any more upgrades. And because of the end to cheap prepaid phones when a kid breaks or loses a phone it just can't be replaced. Not the fault of R+ of course.

I'd have to agree with you about the voice calling. I used to think a kid would call me, not like the song/ad playing and call again as seen on the dashboard. Then I asked one and he said that sometimes the call just wouldn't go through. I've called sometimes during 5PM rush hour trying to get him to soccer, and my TMO cell call wouldn't go through to his R+ phone. Finally one night he called me 4-5 times from the same soccer field, he could hear me, I couldn't hear him. Could be tower related, need to check it sometime.

Yes, text and cell data work fine but near the end of the billing cycle I'll sometime turn data off to force a end to nightly Facebook data sucking, or _I_ pay the overage.

rated:
Free tethering WAS on the page for me, and my plan took effect on Friday a few hours after I signed up. But they charged me the $3.99 for tethering. I also added it to my kids' accounts, but I'm going to go remove it right now, before their plans renew.

rated:
I have 3 questions if anyone will be kind enough to answer them for me.
- I have a phone I am not happy with, but the free plan is good enough for me. 3K + 3K + 3K. What are the steps required to replace the phone but keep the plan?
- I have another phone that I am happy with, but the free plan is only 1K + 1K + 650. How can I make it better without too much OOP, and without a ton of headache?
- I have a decent phone with 3K + 3K + 3K, which I want to transfer to an acquaintance. I don't want to just hand it to him because I don't want to be responsible for any overages. How do I do that?
Thanks!

rated:
1. Simple phone swap from your dashboard. $1.99
2. This weekend get the hot pastrami for $20 upgrade fee. Click on 'upgrade' from your dashboard
3.From your dashboard-click on your phone-credit cards- remove. Then go back to dashboard-your profile-change email and password.

rated:
hodaddy said:   3.From your dashboard-click on your phone-credit cards- remove. Then go back to dashboard-your profile-change email and password.
I don't think it works that way.
First you have to add another card and make it "default" payment method before it will allow you to remove your card.

rated:
I have a question. Hope someone can help.
I tried hooking up with Ring+ in the past. I have a good phone that was accepted. I got a Sprint sim too.
When I tried setting up my account, it gave me a phone number and told me that I have to transfer my Sprint account. Funny thing was that I didn't have a Sprint account.
When I inserted the sim into my phone, it gave a different phone number on my phone that what my Ring+ said. (Android Phone: settings, about Device, Status)
I tried contacting Ring + and they said to Port line from Sprint even after telling them I didn't have a account with Sprint
Not sure why this happened and what went wrong. So, I would like to try again.
I plan to buy a sim card directly from Ring+.

I'm interested in the ​Mad Fert Plan. $4.99 + tax for 500/500/500.
My questions are...
1. Description reads calls are directly routed. Does this mean its ad free?
2. How much is taxes on this?
3. I'd like this as a backup when I can't get service with Cricket. Do I have to use all the 500/500/500 or are their minimums that I must use? Do they care since it's considered prepaid?
4. What kind of sim card would I need for a Moto G4 Plus?? 
Thank you for all your help.

rated:
hodaddy said:   1. Simple phone swap from your dashboard. $1.99
2. This weekend get the hot pastrami for $20 upgrade fee. Click on 'upgrade' from your dashboard
3.From your dashboard-click on your phone-credit cards- remove. Then go back to dashboard-your profile-change email and password.

Showing $29 for the Hot Pastrami. How much are the taxes?
Is this in addition to the balance I already have?

rated:
Sounds like you need to do a network reset. Instructions found here: http://www.prepaidphonenews.com/2016/08/ringplus-promo-tracker-f...

1. Yes
2. Do a mock subscription and enter just your area code and it will list the taxes
3.AFAIK 1 call every 60 days
4.not sure

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2016