• filter:
  • Page :
  • Text Only
  • Search this Topic »
Voting History
rated:

More deals in the official Kmart & Sears $5 off $50 coupon thread.
Member Summary

glad (66.53kB)
Thanks BMWLVR82
Disclaimer
Most Recent Posts
The Sears spokesman just said that they continue to have a sizable asset base as indicated in the Moody’s release, and t... (more)

MrVietnam (Sep. 17, 2016 @ 7:07p) |

Order is stuck in processing...read elsewhere that the points won't show up if it ships after 9/17.

begunn (Sep. 17, 2016 @ 11:10p) |

I read that this offer has been extended one more week, so you should be ok.

MrVietnam (Sep. 18, 2016 @ 12:40a) |

Staff Summary
Categorized in
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

rated:
ill have to get these before the only 2 k-marts near me close in the next 3 months. I didn't see that coming for the last 5 years.

I might have to have them shipped, but I am getting a bonus $10 points as well. 

The offer for 100% points back is for all office supplies $15-$25

rated:
Members get 100% back in pts when you spend min $15 and $25 (max per trans) on Office and School Supplies at Kmart. Points issued next day and valid for 7 days.

Not available for store pick-up for me.

rated:
Late last night this was available for free shipping, then this morning it wasn't, now it is again. I guess they discovered that they had more inventory at the warehouse or maybe web browsers/ cache are acting funny.

rated:
Home Depot (in my area) has them for $12.97 (110 Mega Pack)

rated:
This is a first for Trash Bags, got to the cart and this is my message from Kmart!

Due to restrictions in your state, these items cannot be shipped to you. You can change the shipping address or remove this item from your order.RI Please choose another shipping address or remove them from your order by going back to your shopping cart.

BUMMER!

rated:
There is a new article out today entitled:

Moody's: Sears ' and Kmart 's shutdown is imminent.Take it for what it's worth:

Moody's analysts say Sears and Kmart don't have enough money — or access to money — to stay in business.

In a note published Wednesday, the analysts downgraded Sears ' liquidity rating, saying the company is bleeding cash and will have to continue to rely on outside funding or the sale of assets, such as real estate, to sustain operations.

More: http://www.aol.com/article/finance/2016/09/14/moodys-sears-and-k...

You may want to consider using any gift cards and/or SYW points. I think after they declare bankruptcy any Shop Your Way points you have banked will be worthless.

rated:
When I click on the link in the OP, it is not giving me 100% back:

You could redeem $21.37 (21,370 ) in points to use on this order
You could earn 13,370 points to use later
includes a $13.16 bonus points offer for qualifying offers

rated:
MrVietnam said:   When I click on the link in the OP, it is not giving me 100% back:

You could redeem $21.37 (21,370 ) in points to use on this order
You could earn 13,370 points to use later
includes a $13.16 bonus points offer for qualifying offers

Is there a cap on the office supplies 100% points back deal?  If you've already bought stuff from that deal before, then maybe you've reached the limit.

rated:
MrVietnam said:   There is a new article out today entitled:

Moody's: Sears ' and Kmart 's shutdown is imminent.Take it for what it's worth:

Moody's analysts say Sears and Kmart don't have enough money — or access to money — to stay in business.

Yeah, I'm riding this one down all the way to when the music stops.
Hopefully most of my SYWR points will have been rolled back into Craftsman tools and such when that happens (in other words I'll have a chair to sit in).

rated:
If you are cheaper like me you'll use the plastic bags that your groceries came in. I haven't needed to buy bags in over 20 years.

rated:
Sears will go bankrupt when the cubs win the world series. oh wait...

rated:
I just noticed Costco.com has lowest price than Kmart.

rated:
madhusanapala said:   I just noticed Costco.com has lowest price than Kmart
  Just noticed?

rated:
Well duh, but you aren't going to get 'points' back from Costco...do people even read anymore?

rated:
MBZ32190 said:   Well duh, but you aren't going to get 'points' back from Costco...do people even read anymore?

When you're paying twice the price at Kmart, those points mean nothing

rated:
blueribb said:   
MBZ32190 said:   Well duh, but you aren't going to get 'points' back from Costco...do people even read anymore?

When you're paying twice the price at Kmart, those points mean nothing

Exactly. You're getting 50 cents on the dollar, plus you're forced to spend them in a short period of time on a limited selection of stuff you probably don't need.

rated:
100% back is nice but unless you frequent Kmart/Sears and can make use of the points, I'd steer clear. I don't expect the company to be in business by the end of the year. And those points will be vapor.

rated:
Yeah the trick is to find a commodity item at Kmart for an OK price. Even then I am valuing SYW points at about 70 cents on the dollar. And if you have any surprise points or other coupons or deals to use at Kmart /Sears then its more worth doing.    I'd also plan to burn the SYW points as soon as possible, as the promo points generally only last 1-2 weeks, so identify something to buy with the points in advance AND make sure its in stock.    I keep seeing stuff I want thats not in stock.

Most people should be able to find something at Kmart worth buying. groceries, paper towels, diapers, laundry soap, etc. If you can't go to a Kmart then its harder but theres still some useful stuff they'll ship. I've gotten diapers mostly, but again the price is higher than elsewhere.

rated:
cpabster said:   100% back is nice but unless you frequent Kmart /Sears and can make use of the points, I'd steer clear. I don't expect the company to be in business by the end of the year. And those points will be vapor.
Personally (as I am sitting on $282.35 of points) I hope they stay in business at least through the end of the year, so I can buy my Christmas presents there and use up my points.

I remember in the past they were much more generous about the expiration dates of points (I bought some flashlights last year that had a full year validity). Now it seems they are only giving one to two week validity. I wonder why the big change?  

As posted in another thread about their "imminent" shutdown, Sears disagrees in this article here

"When pressed about whether or not Sears and/or Kmart, which have posted over a decade of sales declines, are at imminent risk of shutting down, Riefs repeated, “We disagree with the opinions stated in the Business Insider report.”

rated:
MrVietnam said:   
cpabster said:   100% back is nice but unless you frequent Kmart /Sears and can make use of the points, I'd steer clear. I don't expect the company to be in business by the end of the year. And those points will be vapor.
Personally (as I am sitting on $282.35 of points) I hope they stay in business at least through the end of the year, so I can buy my Christmas presents there and use up my points.

I remember in the past they were much more generous about the expiration dates of points (I bought some flashlights last year that had a full year validity). Now it seems they are only giving one to two week validity. I wonder why the big change?  

As posted in another thread about their "imminent" shutdown, Sears disagrees in this article here

"When pressed about whether or not Sears and/or Kmart, which have posted over a decade of sales declines, are at imminent risk of shutting down, Riefs repeated, “We disagree with the opinions stated in the Business Insider report.”

Mr. V, the reason for the short expiry are: 1) hope people don't use them and they expire and 2) you're desperate to use them so you don't lose them and you overpay for stuff, making the points less valuable to the customer.

Curious, As for the opinion rebuttal, disagreeing with the opinion doesn't make the opinion invalid.  Did Sears offer any substantial facts why it wasn't the case? (didn't read the article)

rated:
MISTERCHEAP said:    

Mr. V, the reason for the short expiry are: 1) hope people don't use them and they expire and 2) you're desperate to use them so you don't lose them and you overpay for stuff, making the points less valuable to the customer.

Curious, As for the opinion rebuttal, disagreeing with the opinion doesn't make the opinion invalid.  Did Sears offer any substantial facts why it wasn't the case? (didn't read the article)

The Sears spokesman just said that they continue to have a sizable asset base as indicated in the Moody’s release, and tjeu are focused on returning the company to profitability, The article said that over the years, Lampert has been spinning off various Sears ’ divisions, unloading real estate and shutting locations to boost its liquidity, while an investment in stores has been starved (according to critics).

The one silver lining about the points expiring so quickly is it forces you to use them up before (hopefully) they close their doors permanently.

When you consider that most of the stuff you buy at K-Mart is overpriced (for instance these $21.70 trash bags are about $15.98 elsewhere, Lowe's for example -- so 26.4% more expensive than at a competitor) coupled with the high prices when you buy these things to use up your points (as compared with other stores like WalMart or Target ), these SYWR points are probably only really worth about 50-60 cents on the dollar,.

rated:
Order is stuck in processing...read elsewhere that the points won't show up if it ships after 9/17.

rated:
begunn said:   Order is stuck in processing...read elsewhere that the points won't show up if it ships after 9/17.  
I read that this offer has been extended one more week, so you should be ok.

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2016