posted 2 months ago by
TheRedBaaron
My car has a dent.

buydig (via eBay ) is offering Cuisinart Coffee on Demand 12-Cup Programmable Coffeemaker - Refurbished (DCC-3000) on sale for $49.95 with free shipping!

Note: buydig is also offering BOGO 15% off if you purchase 2, for a total cost of $92.40!

•  24-hour programmable and auto shutoff function
  • Charcoal water filter
  • Removable drip tray
  • Removable Water Tank
  • Serve up to 12 cups
  • 90 day Warranty

The next lowest price from a rated merchant is $83.99 shipped, according to Google Shopping

8 Comments
Add Comment
rated:
Item condition:Manufacturer refurbished

This really needs to be in the title.

rated:
These are really awesome coffeemakers, I have one at home and one at work. My main issue, after using it for years, is that it gets to be kind of a pain to clean the coffee tank inside. The coffee tank and water tank both have really annoying nooks and crannies you can barely get into to clean. After a while I started wondering what is the purpose of this entire machine? It is "coffee on demand" in that after you make a "pot" it holds the coffee inside and keeps it warm, but so does a regular coffee pot, and a regular pot is much easier to clean. This has a gas meter type gauge on the front to tell you how much coffee is left inside, but with a regular pot you can see how much is left so you don't need a gauge. I guess this does hold up to 12 cups inside, which is probably more than most standard coffeemakers with pots.

One thing that does seem to be a problem is if you don't take the basket out before adding coffee grounds and you spill some inside the machine, eventually it works its way down to the dispenser and one day you go to get coffee and it stays open, drenching your counter and floors with coffee. Now I always take the basket out so no grounds are spilled inside. Other than that, these things seem to be bullet proof and have lots of settings for length of the warming cycle, start time to make coffee, etc etc. They also have a mesh basket so you can opt to use a coffee filter for easier cleaning, or you can just throw your coffee into the mesh filter. The water tank also has a charcoal filter insert. I got about 20 of them for pretty cheap on Amazon

We paid $130 at Wal-Mart for the one at work, and $99 for the one at home about 3 years ago.

rated:
kdn102 said:   Item condition:Manufacturer refurbished

Exactly, put Used/Refurbish in the title. 

rated:
dabir said:   
kdn102 said:   Item condition:Manufacturer refurbished

Exactly, put Used/Refurbish in the title. 

Thanks folks! Updated.

rated:
badcrcs said:   These are really awesome coffeemakers, I have one at home and one at work. My main issue, after using it for years, is that it gets to be kind of a pain to clean the coffee tank inside. The coffee tank and water tank both have really annoying nooks and crannies you can barely get into to clean. After a while I started wondering what is the purpose of this entire machine? It is "coffee on demand" in that after you make a "pot" it holds the coffee inside and keeps it warm, but so does a regular coffee pot, and a regular pot is much easier to clean. This has a gas meter type gauge on the front to tell you how much coffee is left inside, but with a regular pot you can see how much is left so you don't need a gauge. I guess this does hold up to 12 cups inside, which is probably more than most standard coffeemakers with pots.

sooo, does it do anything else, like automatically brew when the coffee is getting low?  Otherwise I don't see much advantage to this 'on-demand' feature over a basic coffee maker with thermal carafe.

rated:
Danzilla said:   
badcrcs said:   These are really awesome coffeemakers, I have one at home and one at work. My main issue, after using it for years, is that it gets to be kind of a pain to clean the coffee tank inside. The coffee tank and water tank both have really annoying nooks and crannies you can barely get into to clean. After a while I started wondering what is the purpose of this entire machine? It is "coffee on demand" in that after you make a "pot" it holds the coffee inside and keeps it warm, but so does a regular coffee pot, and a regular pot is much easier to clean. This has a gas meter type gauge on the front to tell you how much coffee is left inside, but with a regular pot you can see how much is left so you don't need a gauge. I guess this does hold up to 12 cups inside, which is probably more than most standard coffeemakers with pots.

sooo, does it do anything else, like automatically brew when the coffee is getting low?  Otherwise I don't see much advantage to this 'on-demand' feature over a basic coffee maker with thermal carafe.

Unless I'm missing something it seems it brews however much you set all at once, and keeps it warm and ready when you want more. You can also set it up in advanced, say the night before, to brew coffee in the morning or something so it is ready when you get up. But ya the 'on-demand' feature does seem like just a built-in thermal carafe.

rated:
Awesome deal. Doesnt matter to me if its refurbished. Still a good coffee maker.

rated:
Danzilla said:   

No.  You fill the water tank with however much coffee you want to make and turn knob to brew and hit on/off button.   If you are making 1-4 cups it has a separate button for that which supposedly makes the coffee taste better for some reason...extraction, temperature, all that coffee lingo.  I did forget to mention that the big thing with this coffeemaker is supposedly it does better keeping correct temperature and extracting the coffee flavor better than other makers.  Also it supposedly doesn't burn the coffee in the warmer.  I'm not a big coffee person, but I do make coffee all the time and like I said I have two of these.

There is also the LCD screen with clock and programming info, an audible alarm, a cleaning cycle, and the charcoal filter I mentioned before.  I came off sounding like I hate this machine, but I was just trying to point out that after using it for years I don't really see much advantage over a regular coffeemaker, but it is built very well and looks great and supposedly makes better coffee than others.  In a regular coffeemaker you put in the amount of coffee and water you want to make, same with the Cuisinart.  In a regular coffeemaker it holds the coffee in a carafe and keeps it warm, in the Cuisinart it holds it inside and keeps it warm...this is actually a disadvantage sometimes if you have a tall travel mug, because even if you slide out the removable base under the dispenser some tall mugs don't fit.  For functionality and quality I would give it 5 out of 5 stars.  For ease of cleaning I'd give it 3.5/5 stars.

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2016