posted 48 years ago by
MVP9596
I mod, therefore I am

Go vote for your favorite design in our Voting Gallery!

It’s that time of year again. Yes, it’s our 9th year (believe it or not) of handing out specially-designed shirts for Black Friday. Once again, we are going to have our community design shirts, we pick our favorites, and from the finalists our community selects a winner through our voting gallery.

How do I submit a design to the Community T-Shirt Contest and how does it work?

To submit a design to the community contest, just reply to this thread and upload it as an attachment. The submission must be postmarked between Wednesday 9/30/16 Noon (CST) and 10/13/16 Noon (CST). Each member is only allowed to have 3 designs submitted. Make sure you follow the Design Guide below. If you submit a design, you will receive:

A Private Message with a link to claim your free FatWallet Black Friday 2016 T-shirt! (Only one shirt per person.)
A 2016 Black Friday T-Shirt Design badge.
An entry into a drawing for one of ten $50 gift cards to shop at your favorite FatWallet store! (One entry per member.)

Once we have received all of the designs, we will look them over and pick our favorites (probably five). Before we present them, we will make sure that they are legal and what we consider fair representations of our brand. We will then present what we consider to be the top designs back to the community to pick their favorite.

Short version:

Members submit designs
We narrow it down to our favorites
Members choose a winner from the favorites

(Note: In order to vote, your account will have to have posted at least once in our community.)

If you win the BF Community T-shirt Design Contest, you will receive:

A box of FatWallet premium schwag
The coveted 2016 “Ding Ding” Winner's badge and all the bragging rights that come with it!
12 Black Friday 2016 Black Friday T-Shirts with your crazy awesome winning design that you can give to others!
A gift card loaded with $500 to spend at your favorite FatWallet store!

How Do I Earn the Community T-Shirt?

To earn the Community Design Winner shirt, you need to do one of the following:

Submit a t-shirt design to the Community Contest
Submit a qualifying Hot Deal (see thread here )

(Note: Only one shirt per member.)

Good luck everyone, and have fun!

Terms & Conditions
Begins September 30, 2016 at 10:00 AM PDT and ends October 13, 2016 at 10:00 AM PDT. Void where prohibited by law. Must be 18 or older at the start of Contest, be a legal resident of the US or DC, have a computer, internet connection, and a FatWallet account in good standing. Go to the submission thread at (https://www.fatwallet.com/forums/hot-deals/1528595  click the Reply button, leave a comment about your t-shirt design and attach your design in JPG, or PNG format under one MB. Only three submissions per natural person per email address. Sponsored by FatWallet, 160 Spear St., 19th Fl., San Francisco, CA 94105. See (https://www.fatwallet.com/forums/fatwallet/1530577 ) for complete Rules and details.

Views
173 Comments
Add Comment

Swirl
Disclaimer

All White
Disclaimer

All Black
Disclaimer

Green & White
Disclaimer

Green & Black
Disclaimer
** DESIGN GUIDE FOR THE COMMUNITY CONTEST **         

Please review the design guidelines, grab the logos below, and create a super snazzy t-shirt design your fellow community members will want to choose as their favorite! Submit Designs 9/30/16 Noon (CST) - 10/13/16 Noon (CST)

• Only FatWallet members can enter a design or vote.
  • Aside from the FatWallet logo, your entries must be your own original, unpublished work and must not include any third-party logos or copyrighted material. By entering the competition, you agree that your submission is your own work and you give FatWallet all rights to the image.
  • Quality not quantity is the goal. Multiple designs must be submitted as separate entries. Only one entry per person will be allowed in the final voting round. Only one free shirt will be awarded to each FatWallet member.

Elements of a Qualifying Design:

• Incorporate both Black Friday 2016 and the FatWallet logo. (The logo may be either green and black, green and white, all black, or all white. The swirl can be used as an additional design element.)
  • Fit inside an area of 17” wide and 18” high, on the front of a t-shirt.
  • Use 3 colors maximum plus the background color of the shirt. No gradients, drop shadows or glow effects.

• Example: gray shirt, green and black logo, plus white accent.
    • Gray shirt: Background color
    • Green & Black logo = 1st and 2nd color
    • White accent: 3rd color
    • The FW logo is PMS Green 376

• Submissions must be formatted as jpg or png. May not be on t-shirt background. One image submission per topic.
  • NOTE: FatWallet reserves the right to disqualify entries that do not meet design, copyright guidelines or are not in line with FatWallet values. We reserve the right to alter winning design for production suitability.

FatWallet Logos
Click images on left for larger format.

Common reasons for disqualifications:

• Using more than the 3 colors plus the t-shirt
  • Including gradients, drop shadows, glow effects (they count as multiple colors)
  • Alteration of the FatWallet logo
  • Use of clipart or copyrighted images

Design Submission:

• Upload only one design per reply to this topic. (If you have multiple designs to upload, please upload them in separate replies so we can disqualify those that need it without disqualifying all your designs.)
  • If you have multiple designs to offer, we need to keep it to no more than three. If you would like to swap out a design, just let us know which one to remove.
  • The deadline to enter is 10/13/16, 12:00 PM (Noon) CST
  • Any designs that we do not feel can be duplicated for t-shirt silk-screening may not be included in the voting. We will do our best to notify you with a PM in a timely manner so you have the opportunity to submit another entry.

Oh, it's on like Donkey Kong!

Making Deals Great Again
Disclaimer
Definitely on! Woo hoo!  Makin' America's deals great again!

man those designs are really cool.

I'd like to cast my vote for a shirt that isn't black. Need a little variety in my wardrobe.

BF Shirt 1
Disclaimer
Attempt Number one.

Made with Gimp. Default fonts from Gimp

LOUSY
Disclaimer
I have benefitted from many FatWallet T-shirts in the past, so here's my contribution back... black t-shirt, obviously.

OH, and I did this in the fattest-wallet way possible. Free account on Canva.com.

2016 BF T-shirt
Disclaimer
Here's mine! Good luck to everybody who enters.

By the way, that is a dark grey background.

Redbeard25 said:   I have benefitted from many FatWallet T-shirts in the past, so here's my contribution back... black t-shirt, obviously.

OH, and I did this in the fattest-wallet way possible. Free account on Canva.com.

Ummm... you might want to read the first line of the Qualifying Design Elements.

Make Black Friday Great Again
Disclaimer
My first ever entry!

I'm With Fatwallet
Disclaimer
And my 2nd...

BF2016 entry
Disclaimer
I wanted to create something that doesn't have to be on a black or a white t-shirt.   This could go on grey, red, etc.

Submission 2 - shield from w​ww.google.com/search?q=police+badge+shape&espv=2&biw=1024&bih=658&tbm=isch&tbo=u&source=univ&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwiNhZuQk7rPAhVO5WMKHXS8DikQ7AkIKg

Submission 3 - shield from w​ww.google.com/search?q=police+badge+shape&espv=2&biw=1024&bih=658&tbm=isch&tbo=u&source=univ&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwiNhZuQk7rPAhVO5WMKHXS8DikQ7AkIKg

DriversFound 2016
Disclaimer
Might as well... 

Only one choice
Disclaimer
Hand drawn, All original by me.

The All Seeing Deal Eye
Disclaimer
Here's mine:  The all-seeing deal eye!  [And on a green colored T-shirt for a change from the usual black.]

Sharks
Disclaimer
My own work

Stick to It!
Disclaimer
Own work

Stranger T-shirt
Disclaimer
My own work...

Yellow Shirt
Disclaimer
My entry

Black Friday Design Updated
Disclaimer
My entry for 2016.  
Fixed to remove shadows.

fw entry
Disclaimer
wowww, that time of the year. All the best.

Tshirt
Disclaimer
Here goes.
(There are no gradients in the image, just three colors: white, grey and green)

Is that a fat wallet
Disclaimer
This one can go on any color shirt and uses free clip art that comes from
https://openclipart.org/unlimited-commercial-use-clipart 
The site openly states:  "All Clipart on Openclipart are available for unlimited commercial use. That means you may use the clipart commercially, for education, for church, for school, for your job, or even to manufacture products globally."
Here is the specific clip art used from that site:https://openclipart.org/detail/184491/happy-retro-couple  

The font is also confirmed as free for commercial use as shown on this site:
http://www.hongkiat.com/blog/free-fonts-for-commercial-personal-...
With this being the specific font (#20 from the previous linK) used:
https://www.fontsquirrel.com/fonts/Idolwild

I think it is more "timeless" than my previous submission, and I have covered all of the commercial use confirmations.  

Fatwallet hits the target
Disclaimer
Ready...Aim...Shop

Keep Calm
Disclaimer
2nd submission. Copied the crown from the original Keep Calm 1939 poster, which is now public domain.

eat. drink. shop. repeat.
Disclaimer
3rd submission. Clipart pulled from openclipart.org (unlimited free license for commercial use:  Link
Font is Sans that comes with GIMP

lets do it.

Coffee Small-Larger Available
Disclaimer
let's go!!  Generic windows fonts, my own design.  (see next page for tagline alternative: "Fresh Deals Brewing 24/7")

removed in favor of alternate tagline on next page...

Splat small-larger available
Disclaimer
Splat!  Drawn with free Microsoft font.

T-shirt design #2
Disclaimer
My Design #2.

All elements are created by me on GIMP. And fonts are all default Arial/Comic from GIMP.

I wanted to create a T-shirt more focused for the community. Why not have a shirt where we FW'ers can fill in our name and introduce ourselves at the lines ?

T-Shirt color can be switched up. I chose gray as sample. Hope you all like it.

AthDep
Disclaimer
Athletic Department

VOTE FOR DEALS
Disclaimer
Vote for Deals this Black Friday

Free unlimited use pubic domain Olive branch 

FW Tshirt Design
Disclaimer
Generic fonts... my design... 

You only need to find FW
Disclaimer
Here's my 2nd submission.  You only need to find Fatwallet.com.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2017