posted 48 years ago by
GKnight

http://www.kmart.com/measurement-specialties-accupost-ps-100-des...

$25.99 - $25.26 back in SYW points

It appears "Members get 100% back in pts when you spend min $15 and $25 (max per trans) on Office and School Supplies" offer is still active!  Points issued next day and valid for 7 days. 

Views
32 Comments
Add Comment
Free shipping on $49 or you could get a 90 day trial of their Prime knockoff.

I'm just seeing "expire in 90 days or less". Assume you're right about 7 days, when do they tell you?

Thanks!
=aw

ottawa said:   Free shipping on $49 or you could get a 90 day trial of their Prime knockoff.

I'm just seeing "expire in 90 days or less". Assume you're right about 7 days, when do they tell you?

Thanks!
=aw

7 days is definitely correct, I used this offer last week to get a shredder. Terms & conditions for this offer are on their site somewhere, but I don't remember where exactly TBH.

Buyer beware. The school supplies offer may have expired. I saw some mention that that only went until 9/17. Not sure where you can obtain said data.

Data point: I seem to have received them from a 9/18 order.

For some reason, this is coming out $15.99 for me (with $16.47 back in points) after it applied some coupon for $10 off $20 that I definitely never loaded that said "for Shop Your Way members." No clue why, but I'll take it.

7 days is definitely correct
Thanks, I'm interested in the scales but really the $5-$6 ones on eBay do well enough and I can't spend the bonus points in 7 days. If KM is still in business later in the year, I may pursue some of these things (including a 90-day trial of their Prime knockoff).

=aw

ottawa said:   
7 days is definitely correct
Thanks, I'm interested in the scales but really the $5-$6 ones on eBay do well enough and I can't spend the bonus points in 7 days. If KM is still in business later in the year, I may pursue some of these things (including a 90-day trial of their Prime knockoff).

=aw

They may call it a 90 day trial, but as many people will tell you, the 90 day trial often ends up getting renewed for free every 90 days. For me personally, I've had it renewed every 90 days since April 2014.

Not everybody gets so lucky, though, they cut off my dad's 90 day trials after three "renewals" about a year and a half ago, and they won't let him get a new one because they say he previously participated in the free trial.

when i pay with all points this is what i see $25.99 in surprise points whats going on?

You Could Redeem
25,990 Member Points $25.99
25,990 Surprise Points $25.99

$25.99 (25,990) in points=1emon this order

You Could Earn Today
0 Base Points $0.00
0 Bonus Points $0.00

0 in points=1emto use later

You have $25.99 (25,990) in points available to use on this orderIncludes 25,990 surprise points. points detailsPoints RedemptionRedeeming $25.99 in points 

Apparently, you don't shop much at Kmart. That's just a (recurrent) glitch. There's no magic fairy here. The points will come out of your balance.

nice price and good deal for me

Just brought one.  I will have to wait until tomorrow for points to post and if they expire in  7 days I will cancel the order.   It clearly said the points would expire in 90 days at the checkout.  

SuperET said:   when i pay with all points this is what i see $25.99 in surprise points whats going on?

You Could Redeem

25,990 Member Points $25.99
25,990 Surprise Points $25.99

$25.99 (25,990) in points=1emon this order

You Could Earn Today

0 Base Points $0.00
0 Bonus Points $0.00

0 in points=1emto use later

You have $25.99 (25,990) in points available to use on this orderIncludes 25,990 surprise points. points detailsPoints RedemptionRedeeming $25.99 in points 

Means points are not rolling. Not a good thing.   

Not sure why, but I got $27.60 in points when I bought one. Oh well, now I gotta spend it lol

What does that mysterious "QB" mean that I often see in the points areas?

My order today:

Your Shop Your Way Points Breakdown
You've Earned to Use Later

260 Base Points
$0.26
25,000 Bonus Points $25.00
$25.26 (25,260) in points
to use later
Shop Your Way Earned Points Breakdown by Product

Measurement Specialties
Points to Earn
Base Points: 260
Bonus Points: 25,000
Offer: 25,260 points
Offer: 25,000 points
QB--Members get 100% back in pts when you spend min $15 and $25 (max per trans) on Office and School Supplies at Kmart. Points issued next day and valid for 7 days.
Total Points You Could Earn: 25,260
Expiration dates vary. Visit www.shopyourway.com for details.
Estimated points shown can vary based on purchase(s), offers, cancellations, membership status or other order modifications. Only Shop Your Way Members are eligible to earn or redeem points. Expiration Date Vary. Visit www.shopyourway.com for details

gocint said:   Just brought one.  I will have to wait until tomorrow for points to post and if they expire in  7 days I will cancel the order.   It clearly said the points would expire in 90 days at the checkout.  
Measurement Specialties Accupost PS-100 Desk Top Postal Scale 10 lbPoints to Earn

• Bonus Points: 25,000
  • Offer: points 25,260 points
  • QB--Members get 100% back in pts when you spend min $15 and $25 (max per trans) on Office and School Supplies at K Mart Points issued next day and valid for 7 days.

Great find, needed a scale like this, green for you OP! In for one!

In the end after spending your points you will end up saving nothing since there are lower prices somewhere else on almost everything Kmart sells.

withnoe said:   In the end after spending your points you will end up saving nothing since there are lower prices somewhere else on almost everything Kmart sells.
  If you waste the points on something of poor comparable value then yes that's true.  If you are smart with the points and use them for something you would have purchased anyway at a price at or very near what you would have paid somewhere else then you will save.

Personally, I rarely jump on these deals unless its something I need and can immediately make use of the points for something else I need.

Edit:  As an example - I used my bonus points to purchase 4 rolls of FoodSaver bags I needed anyway.  They were on sale at Kmart for the same price Amazon sells them for.  I also needed the scale which I wouldnt have paid the $25.99 for but since I got 100% back in points it was essentially free to me.  Not a complete waste.

vadeltachi said:   What does that mysterious "QB" mean that I often see in the points areas?

The QB stands for Qualified Bonus.

For some reason, I get $1.05 more in points when I pick up at a store rather than having it mailed to me. I got $26.30 back if I chose store pickup, but only $25.25 if I selected two-day Max shipping.

Silverthunder said:   Buyer beware. The school supplies offer may have expired. I saw some mention that that only went until 9/17. Not sure where you can obtain said data.

Data point: I seem to have received them from a 9/18 order.

I read on sd that this office and school supplies up to $25 back offer has been extended through 9/24 now.

MrVietnam said:   For some reason, I get $1.05 more in points when I pick up at a store rather than having it mailed to me. I got $26.30 back if I chose store pickup, but only $25.25 if I selected two-day Max shipping.

Got $26.26 on shipped ones.

CouponClippen said:   
MrVietnam said:   For some reason, I get $1.05 more in points when I pick up at a store rather than having it mailed to me. I got $26.30 back if I chose store pickup, but only $25.25 if I selected two-day Max shipping.

Got $26.26 on shipped ones.

There seems to be no rhyme or reason to this. For example, why did I get $26.30 in points when another person gets $26.26?

Did anybody actually get this? I picked it up at the store today and the box says it includes an AC adapter... but no such adapter in the box.

I can't exchange it since there is literally only one Kmart left in my city and they only had one in stock, and I've been needing one of these for a while anyway. It does work fine with the batteries but if it should include an AC adapter, that would be nice to have.

sdskees said:   Did anybody actually get this? I picked it up at the store today and the box says it includes an AC adapter... but no such adapter in the box.

I can't exchange it since there is literally only one Kmart left in my city and they only had one in stock, and I've been needing one of these for a while anyway. It does work fine with the batteries but if it should include an AC adapter, that would be nice to have.

No mention of a AC adapter on Kmarts site.

Mine said an adapter was included on the box - TBH, I havent opened the box yet. It's at home and I'm at work.

CaedynsPapu said:   Mine said an adapter was included on the box - TBH, I havent opened the box yet. It's at home and I'm at work.
When you do, I'm also curious to know if it has United States Postal Service branding all over it. I'm fine with that, but the one I received looks nothing like the one on the website and actually looks like something that would be sold at the post office.  

sdskees said:   When you do, I'm also curious to know if it has United States Postal Service branding all over it. I'm fine with that, but the one I received looks nothing like the one on the website and actually looks like something that would be sold at the post office.  
    Adapter was in the box packed on the top and no branding at all - looked exactly like the picture.

Postage scale from Kmart
Disclaimer
Very odd, the photo shown here is what I received. I feel like something is very wrong with what they gave me...

sdskees said:   Did anybody actually get this? I picked it up at the store today and the box says it includes an AC adapter... but no such adapter in the box.

I can't exchange it since there is literally only one Kmart left in my city and they only had one in stock, and I've been needing one of these for a while anyway. It does work fine with the batteries but if it should include an AC adapter, that would be nice to have.

I bought two at two different K-Mart stores. One had an adaptor and the other one didn't. I called the customer service number on the box and left a voice mail to see if they can mail me out an adaptor at no charge. Otherwise, back it goes and my points from this purchase will go poof too,

It does mention you are supposed to get an adaptor on the box. These scales look kind of cheap quality and they are made in China. What I think happened is either 1) the adaptor was stolen by someone in the store or 2) the more likely scenario, someone bought and returned this item without giving the adaptor back and K-Mart didn't check if all the parts were there when processing the return and they put it back on the shelf to resell. The adaptor is right there at the top when you open the box so easy to swipe for a dishonest person.

It is no big deal having to return it as I have 300,000 SYWR points and having a few less to spend maybe is a good thing.

By the way, I think each K-Mart store is only stocked with one of these. In both of the stores I went to, they only had one in stock. I doubt it is a popular selling item if they weren't giving it away for free after points.

My scales do not have any USPS branding on them at all.

sdskees said:   Very odd, the photo shown here is what I received. I feel like something is very wrong with what they gave me...
  That is what I received today also and NO adapter.

CouponClippen said:   
sdskees said:   Very odd, the photo shown here is what I received. I feel like something is very wrong with what they gave me...
  That is what I received today also and NO adapter.

For those of you who got no adaptor even though one was advertised on the box, I have had good luck calling their customer service number listed on the box. They replied to me the same day and offered to mail one out to me if I provided them my mailing information.

It looks exactly the same, just different branding. Good to know it's officially endorsed by USPS

The deal still active BTW.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2017