Voting History
rated:

Member Summary

CyberPowerCP825AVRG (22.91kB)
Thanks Xenocrates
Disclaimer
Staff Summary
Categorized in
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

rated:
How's this compare to APC brands?

rated:
I have a larger Cyber Power UPS (1000VA) that I got a little over a year ago.  Haven't had an issue with it.  In my brief research, the only problems that seem to arise involve Pure Sine Wave.  I am not an expert in that dept, but I guess some electronics either need Pure Sine or cannot use Pure Sine.  Not a whole lot that can go bad otherwise.  Basically a surge protector with a AGM or Sealed Lead acid battery.  Expect 5-7 years out of it just like a car battery. 

rated:
I've had both Cyberpower and APC brand UPSs over 15-20 years and have had no problems with any of them. In most cases I replace the battery with a 3rd party battery for <$30 after 3-5 years (my batteries have NOT lasted 5+ years, nor have most of my car batteries) and it works another several years. One got damaged after the battery leaked, but it was at least 7-8 years old by then. All of mine are the basic small to mid-size units (such as Back_UPS 350). I have one for each computer in the house (3), one for the network equipment, and one for the TV/stereo. During a stormy day last week with numerous short power outages, we were very glad to have them, except for the incessant beeping!

rated:
Too late. Out of stock now. Thx OP

rated:
lindelynn said:   I've had both Cyberpower and APC brand UPSs over 15-20 years and have had no problems with any of them. In most cases I replace the battery with a 3rd party battery for <$30 after 3-5 years (my batteries have NOT lasted 5+ years, nor have most of my car batteries) and it works another several years. One got damaged after the battery leaked, but it was at least 7-8 years old by then. All of mine are the basic small to mid-size units (such as Back_UPS 350). I have one for each computer in the house (3), one for the network equipment, and one for the TV/stereo. During a stormy day last week with numerous short power outages, we were very glad to have them, except for the incessant beeping!
FWIW:  Higher ambient temps may result in shorter lifespan for UPS batteries as well as car batteries.  I'm in the north-western part of WA.  Doesn't get too hot.  My car batteries have all lasted at least 5 years, with one lasting a hair over 7 years, on the first 90 degree day of the year.  The 8 or so APC battery back-ups we have at work went over 5 years before they started beeping.  They did get drained at least 3 times per year in that span of time, the work location is in heavily wooded area, lots of down power lines.  The 2 installed in a temp controlled environment (communications room) lasted a little longer than the ones installed at pump control stations out in the woods and down on the beach.

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2016