Moderator Comment: Thank you for participating in the forums. However, this topic has been covered in a recent post Here. — Sep. 21, 2016 @ 9:38pm
rated:
For Mac too.

rated:
The fact that Opera is now owned by the chinese does not instill confidence.

https://www.engadget.com/2016/07/18/opera-browser-sold-to-a-chinese-consortium-for-600-million/

rated:
HardlyWorthit said:   The fact that Opera is now owned by the chinese does not instill confidence.

https://www.engadget.com/2016/07/18/opera-browser-sold-to-a-chinese-consortium-for-600-million/

Yes, it is possible the free bandwidth and compute for this was sponsored by a entity with deep pockets and incentive to funnel your traffic through a set of network links.  I can't find the privacy policy for their VPN capability -- maybe it's there, but I can't find it.  However, if you use it really just for additional security on public wifi and only with HTTPS with TLS, it might be better than nothing.

rated:
The VPN provider used for this is based in Canada with strict privacy laws. Although opera is owned by a Chinese company now, it is still based in Norway, which also has strict privacy laws. This is what I've read anyway.

rated:
Rules or laws are really meaningless to China gov.
If they demand to know what is going on, they will get it. Companies will have to grant them access otherwise they will be in trouble or force to shutdown.

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2016