• filter:
  • Page :
  • Text Only
  • Search this Topic »
Voting History

Posted with ToGo

3DR Solo Quadcopter Drone + Bonus Items -

Best Buy has the 3DR Solo Quadcopter Drone (SA11A) on sale for $399.99 with free shipping. Plus, you'll receive a free 3D Robotics Gimbal, 3D Robotics Battery, 3D Robotics Propellers and $20 to spend or 8x8 Photo Book at Shutterfly.

• Capture Aerial Photos/Video with a GoPro
  • Linear Tracking with Cablecam Mode
  • Follow Me: Tracks Your Mobile Device
  • HDMI Output on Transmitter
  • Android and iOS Mobile Apps
  • Video Game-Style Controls
  • Return Home and "Safety Net" Modes
  • One-Button Flying / "Pause" Button
  • Operate GoPro Through App

Rated 4.3/5 stars from 196 customer reviews.
Check out a full review at digitaltrends.com

Also available at Amazon  for $399.00 but this offer is exclusively for Prime Members only and it doesn't include 4 free bonus items.

Member Summary
Staff Summary
Categorized in
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

I am not sure if I am reading this correctly but the Best Buy deal is way better than the Amazon deal. They are both $400 but the Best Buy deal throws in a gimbal ($200), battery ($100) and extra propellers ($10). That is over $300 extra

Edit: Wow the Solo, when it first came out, had some terrible reviews. Does anyone know if they've fixed it since?

The Amazon reviews are pretty bad.  Sort by Recent Reviews and you'll see 1 star reviews from earlier this month.  Doesn't look like they've got their act together yet.

I know $400 isn't cheap but it is in the world of drones so I wonder even with no 3DR support and assuming it isn't DOA, if this is still worth getting. Like if you can get even 18 months of flights out of this or even if it just works nominally, it seems like a great deal.

Forget it - Just read the Amazon reviews. What a nightmare.

Trust this is junk. Complete Chinese rebranded junk.

rockymast said:   Trust this is junk. Complete Chinese rebranded junk.
Hold on now. Calling it junk is one thing, but don't just toss in "Chinese rebranded" if you don't actually know it is. 3DR was a highly funded ($99M) startup with some big American founders including the former editor of Wired Magazine. They had development offices in SF and SD. I am not saying they couldn't have rebranded a product but you are literally the first person I have seen claim that they do. Do you have any info about this?

I think it's cool that you are (probably) a "Make America Great Again" kind of guy, but cmon, don't just go tossing around the claim that everything is from China.

DJI is the industry leader and is also Chinese...

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply
    Click here for full-featured reply.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2016