posted 1 month ago by

$428 at WalmartTCL 55US57 55" 4K Ultra HD 2160p 120Hz Roku Smart LED HDTV

Add Comment
I'm looking for a 50'-55" preferably 4K and preferably 120MHz+.
I don't necessarily need it to be "smart", though since my receiver is not 4K, I believe the only chance I actually have to get 4K programming would be streaming directly through the inbuilt roku app.

How good is this price? Can I expect something for significantly less come BF?

I just bought one. haven't had a chance to set it up. This is the cheapest 55" 4k 120hz tv I've seen new. I doubt there would be anything significantly cheaper come black friday. Usually they are 60hz tv's they price at dirt cheap.

My understanding of the WalMart return policy is that I should have no issue returning a TV within 90 days, is that correct?

I would also hope that if the price were to drop within this time frame they would just give me the discount? Worst case scenario is I need to return and rebuy... also perhaps the price protection on a credit card might kick in.

r u sure this is 120Hz ? i believe these are 60Hz and enhanced using software to 120Hz

Mucho gringo to OP. You can't ship to home, you can't ship to a store near you - pick up in selected stores only. I just got the last one from Panorama City, CA. There is some ridiculous $5 mechanize fee added, but even with the outrageously high CA sales tax, it's a steal of the month.

I never experienced Roku before, but that thing makes the TV really smart. I own Samsung and LG and both are half smart, Samsung has a limit of 300MB for apps, while LG is limited to preinstalled apps only. Adding insult to an injury, apps are not getting updated + YouTube stopped working months ago. Roku on the other hand is the shit of apps and updates. Get it while you can.

Not true...I just added 3 or 4 apps to my new LG last nite.  It does look like you are limited to the amount of apps due to memory but I've got 20 or so with no issue.

Perhaps I've an older (5 yrs. old to be exact) LG TV then. I've LG 42LD550 42-Inch 1080p 120 Hz LCD HDTV with Internet Applications aka NetCast entertainment access. Nothing to write home about the online capabilities of this smart TV.

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply
    Click here for full-featured reply.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2016