posted 28 days ago by
Senior Member - 5K

Posted with ToGo

Arris SURFboard SB6183 DOCSIS 3.0 Cable Modem (Refurbished) $54.99 at Newegg.com

This Popular Deal is back again!

Compatible with All Major Cable providers: Comcast/Xfinity, Cox, Charter, Time Warner and others
Download speeds up to 686 Mbps
Upload speeds up to 131 Mbps
16 download & 4 upload channels

Add Comment
I got one of these a couple of months ago to replace my provider's Motorola. It worked fine for my PC but my Dish Hopper could no longer stream videos. I called Arris support and was told they only supported it working on my PC and the Hopper problem did not matter. After wasting too much time on the phone I ended up returning the Arris. Since then I got a Cisco modem and the Hopper worked fine on that one also.
I'm not really sure if it was a design problem, defective, or just some wierd compatibility issue. I do know that it would not work for me and Arris support really did not seem to care.

I would not buy another.

Good price. But this modem uses the broadcom 3383 chipset and it's running quite hot. I would hold on to my SB6141 with TI/Intel chipset until TWC EOLs it.

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply
    Click here for full-featured reply.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2016