• filter:
  • Page :
  • Text Only
  • Search this Topic »
Voting History
rated:

Posted with ToGo

New Amazon Fire TV Stick - 1 month of Sling, 2 months Hulu and $10 Amazon Video Credit 
$39.99
https://www.amazon.com/Amazon-Stick-Remote-Streaming-Player/dp/B00ZV9RDKK 

Amazon.com announced their new Amazon Fire TV Stick that comes out on October 20.

Activate your All-New Fire TV Stick with Alexa Voice Remote by October 31st and receive 1 month of Sling TV, 2 Months of Hulu (Limited Commercials), and a $10 Amazon Video Credit

Member Summary
How to Redeem:
Activate your All-New Fire TV Stick with Alexa Voice Remote by October 31st and receive 1 month of Sling TV, 2 Months of Hulu (Limited Commercials), and a $10 Amazon Video Credit.

Terms and Conditions

Offer valid for US customers who purchase and activate a Fire TV Stick with Alexa Voice Remote sold by Amazon Digital Services LLC or an authorized retailer by October 31, 2016 at 11:59 p.m. (PT).
Hulu promotional credit valid for new Hulu customers only.
Sling TV promotional credit valid for new Sling TV customers only.
Offer good while supplies last.
Shipping charges and taxes may apply to discounted and free promotional items.
Offer limited to one per customer and account.
Offer may not be combined with other offers.
Customers must have a valid email address.
The promotional credits replace, and are not in addition to, any free trial period offered generally by either Hulu or Sling TV. An email providing instructions on how to redeem the offer will be sent to the email address used to register the Fire TV Stick with Alexa Voice Remote. Subject to these terms, the email will contain promotional codes valid for one (1) month of Sling TV, two (2) months of Hulu Limited Commercials, and a $10 credit redeemable for certain digital content available in Amazon Video. The Sling TV promotional code must be redeemed by December 15, 2016 at 11:59 p.m. PT on the Sling TV website. The Hulu promotional code must be redeemed by November 15, 2016, at 11:59 p.m. PT on the Hulu website. The promotional code for the $10 credit must be redeemed by November 15, 2016 at 11:59 p.m. PT and the $10 credit must be used by December 15, 2016 at 11:59 p.m. PT. Promotional codes may only be used once.
Redemption of Hulu Limited Commercials and Sling TV promotional codes requires signing up to a Hulu and Sling TV service plan respectively, using a valid credit card. The free trials will each automatically convert to a paid service plan at their regular prices (Hulu Limited Commercials - $7.99/month; Sling Blue - $25/month, Sling Orange - $20/month, or Sling Orange + Blue - $40/month) at the end of the applicable free trial, unless you cancel before the end of the free trial period. Sling TV subscription fees are charged monthly in advance and no credits or refunds will be issued for partial or prepaid months after cancellation.
The $10 Amazon Video credit only applies to products and digital content sold by Amazon Digital Services LLC (other than certain digital content).
Amazon reserves the right to modify or cancel the offer at any time.
Offer is non-transferable and may not be resold.
If any of the products related to this offer are returned, your refund will equal the amount you paid for the product, subject to applicable refund policies.
If you violate any of these terms, the offer will be invalid.
Unless an Amazon Gift Card is the stated benefit of the promotion, promotional codes (including those placed directly in accounts) may not be redeemed for Amazon Gift Cards.
Use of the Fire TV Stick is subject to the terms found here.
Use of the Amazon Video service is subject to the terms found here.
Use of Sling TV is subject to the terms found here.
Use of Hulu is subject to the terms found here.
Staff Summary
Categorized in
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

rated:
Would an existing Amazon/Hulu/SlingTV customer be able to add the offers to their existing account??

rated:
I have found the fire stick to be slow and overheat easily.  Prefer the speed of the Fire TV on a wired network.  Wonder if they have made any improvements on these issues.

rated:
dafish said:   I have found the fire stick to be slow and overheat easily.  Prefer the speed of the Fire TV on a wired network.  Wonder if they have made any improvements on these issues.

My experience as well.  However I have found the FTV2 on a 5g network with decent signal nearly useable as well.  My 'benchmark' for acceptable is quite high though, as I am using the HDHomeRun Prime DVR solution with Android Beta release sideloaded as my benchmark.  To been deemed acceptable the stream has to be able to play without pixilation or loss of audio stream on a HD channel (MPEG2).  That's not easily done.  I get slightly better performance using Kodi with the HDHomeRun plugin.

rated:
I agree - the original FireTV Stick wasn't very good.  I got rid of mine for a second FireTV box (first gen) shortly after I got it.

Very curious to see how the Stick 2 improves - esp. when compared to the first gen FireTV box.  I lost one of our voice remotes a while ago and was thinking of picking up a new remote - the price of this deal (stick 2 + voice remote) is almost as low as a new voice remote alone, so I'm in for this deal...  We can always find a way to use the $10 video credit as well so that sweetens it...

rated:
Hey everyone, I feel the same way with the FireStick. I got rid of mine and replaced it with the FireTV. Now I have 3 FireTv's running in my house. I think the only way I am able to get away with it is I have GigLife Internet through Cox, so my internet speed is pretty ridiculous. For streaming I primarily use PlaystationVue on all 3 at the same time and have buffering every once in a while, but for the most part it works great for me.

rated:
the same holds true for "other" stick types versus box types and game consoles. There simply is more cubic centimeter space for heat to dissipate. There are wider islands between the circuit traces (most stick type don't even have boards in them, they're "all on a chip"). MOST box types have more ramm and some have better processors. But of course, you're also paying a huge premium for the box type over the stick type, too. New generation box types usually do 4k, which I don't need because streaming is SO compressed anyways. 4K on a physical disk is pretty impressive, but isn't a real benefit when streaming, I prefer 1080 when streaming on my box.

​I like my first generation stick better than Roku, and this new one looks to me a useful upgrade for very little money when you include the digital credit.

rated:
I've used the Stick and the TV both with Kodi since they came out and find they work fine.

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2016