Voting History
rated:

Posted with ToGo

PlayStation® VR $399 or PlayStation®VR Launch Bundle $499 Pre-Order
$399.99
http://www.target.com/p/playstation-vr/-/A-50985363

PlayStation®VR Launch Bundle - $499

may have to refresh page for deal to show

More deals in the official Target clearance thread.
Member Summary
Staff Summary
Categorized in
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

rated:
Vive is better! Still cool to see VR go mainstream.

rated:
Bundle shows "only in stores" for me.

rated:
Is this gonna be a fad like the nintendo wii? People want to be lazy when playing video games. Flailing arms and walking around is the exact opposite of what I want to do when relaxing and gaming.

rated:
jd2010 said:   Is this gonna be a fad like the nintendo wii? People want to be lazy when playing video games. Flailing arms and walking around is the exact opposite of what I want to do when relaxing and gaming.

A lot of these experiences are designed for sitting.  From what I've experienced, VR actually works best when you're in a fixed position, such as the cockpit of a plane or driving a car.

rated:
jd2010 said:   Is this gonna be a fad like the nintendo wii? People want to be lazy when playing video games. Flailing arms and walking around is the exact opposite of what I want to do when relaxing and gaming.

Doubtful, IMO. Pretty much every impression I've read of current VR has been extremely positive. With the Wii there was a lot of disappointment.

"Flailing arms and walking around" isn't the selling point, it's the full visual environment.

rated:
This isn't going to be a fad in that VR is here to stay.. in some markets at least. Its staying power as a home entertainment device still remains to be seen. We have the hardware and the hardware is great, but we seriously lack the software. As much as I laugh at the PS4 for VR hardware when compared to PCs and a 1080, none of the PC game makers want to foot the bill it producing a BIG hit. So I am hoping sony is able to come up with that one killer app. Who knows... I am getting the PS4 pro for FF15, maybe I'll just get the VR, too.

rated:
Whats up with double post, yo?

rated:
  You say that like you can't do that with VR? Who said you need to walk or even use a controller? I can see relaxing scenes being done with realistic effects using an engine like unreal4. 

rated:

​What is the deal here at regular price?

​The PS VR is wired, you aren't going to walk around with it.
It's about the immersed gaming experience that you don't have with a regular TV. I'm certain it's not for people who wants to play games for relaxing, stick with regular TV if you want to relax or use it for video purpose.
VR using cell phone with VR gear, aka phone holder on your head, is better for walking around and augmented reality.

​I tried a demo at Best Buy. If you want to try it, check local BestBuy or some stores where they might have VR tour.
First, definitely not impressed with the graphics quality. I expected better with 1080p on each LCD, but seems the demos themselves are at lower graphic settings. VR with my phone looks better than it. I wish using higher power PlayStation Pro with commercial games with show its true potential.
​Gaming experience is enhanced, now you can look around naturally with your head, though not something you can't do with the gamepad stick to pan the camera around (and you don't need to twist your head to look behind), and you still need to use controller to move the crosshair anyway. The difference is more natural.
​And because your vision only has the screen, anything distraction is blocked, so you get more immersed experience along with your natural movement.

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2016