4 * USB 3.0
Third Generation Fully Integrated Low Power USB 3.0 Controller Inside
Plug-and-Play
2 Feet USB 3.0 Cable included

Views
10 Comments
Add Comment
Thanks!

Not sure exactly what you're getting with this. The pictures show that it is powered, but several reviews state it is unpowered or did not include a DC power adaptor.

You're pretty much wasting your time with a multi-port hub like this unless it is powered. If you order, I'd strongly suggest asking Newegg first about whether it is powered.

frett said:   Not sure exactly what you're getting with this. The pictures show that it is powered, but several reviews state it is unpowered or did not include a DC power adaptor.

You're pretty much wasting your time with a multi-port hub like this unless it is powered. If you order, I'd strongly suggest asking Newegg first about whether it is powered.

Funny thing is that most of these(that only come with a USB cable) do have a power adapter slot... 
Good luck finding a matching cable. 

And yes, claiming that usb-powered counts as powered is absurd.

frett said:   Not sure exactly what you're getting with this. The pictures show that it is powered, but several reviews state it is unpowered or did not include a DC power adaptor.

You're pretty much wasting your time with a multi-port hub like this unless it is powered. If you order, I'd strongly suggest asking Newegg first about whether it is powered.

Searched Amazon with that model number. They've got it for $12.99 with this description:

"Package includes: 1 x ORICO 4 Port USB3.0 Hub, 1 x 3.3Ft. Power Cord, 1 x 3.3Ft. Data Cable, 1 x User Manual, 1 x Service Card; We provide 18 Months warranty and lifetime technical support for purchase via ORICO direct store".

In for one @ Newegg.  

If you click on the 3rd image for the product at Amazon, it mentions it comes with a power cable but not the 5v power adapter so you'll need a 5v power adapter.

minivymin said:   
ORICO 4 Port Portable Super Speed USB 3.0 Hub a Built-in 3ft USB 3.0 Cable
$7.99
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817195001 

Promo Code: EMCENGN25

4 * USB 3.0
Plug-and-Play

My desk top PC currently running Windows7 with only USB 2.0 ports.  Will this Orico Super Speed USB 3.0 hub connected to my USB 2.0 port turn it into USB 3.0 speed?

Thank you?

tammap said:   
minivymin said:   
ORICO 4 Port Portable Super Speed USB 3.0 Hub a Built-in 3ft USB 3.0 Cable
$7.99
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817195001 

Promo Code: EMCENGN25

4 * USB 3.0
Plug-and-Play

My desk top PC currently running Windows7 with only USB 2.0 ports.  Will this Orico Super Speed USB 3.0 hub connected to my USB 2.0 port turn it into USB 3.0 speed?

Thank you?

No unless you buy a USB 3.0 pci card.  It will just make this 3.0 HUB into a 2.0 hub.

Orico Hub
Disclaimer

The image that shows a power supply clearly states "power adapter not included".

I have no problem with this, as I have about 30 of these USB power supplies from phones, tablets, finding them left on benches, etc. They are very common, nowadays.  I'd rather they lower the price a dollar & not include one.

harlock001 said:   

The image that shows a power supply clearly states "power adapter not included".

I have no problem with this, as I have about 30 of these USB power supplies from phones, tablets, finding them left on benches, etc. They are very common, nowadays.  I'd rather they lower the price a dollar & not include one.

harlock001 said:   

You're pretty much wasting your time with a multi-port hub like this unless it is powered. If you order, I'd strongly suggest asking Newegg first about whether it is powered.

That's a small, hollow, round adapter tip... a mini version of a laptop's. I haven't run into any other gadget that also uses this. 

And I haven't seen such a cable rummaging at places with used cables... 

Maybe I'm overlooking something obvious... 

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2017