• filter:
  • Page :
  • Text Only
  • Search this Topic »
Voting History
rated:
AMEX Offer: 10% Back on Your Cable or Satellite TV Bill - YMMV

Details
Get 10% of your online payment back as a statement credit each time you use your enrolled Card to pay your Cable or Satellite television bill by 1/31/2017. Limit $30 in total credits. See terms for exclusions.

Terms
Offer valid on bill payments for cable and satellite television services made directly with the provider. Payments can be made directly with the provider online, via mobile app, by phone, or by mail. Payments for hardware and installation services, if included on the monthly service bill, are included. Payments made at service centers do not qualify. Excludes payments for satellite radio services. Enrollment limited. Offer is non-transferable. Limit $30 in statement credit(s) per American Express® online account. Statement credit will appear on your billing statement within 90 days after 1/31/2017, provided that American Express receives information from the merchant about your qualifying purchase. Note that American Express may not receive information about your qualifying purchase from the merchant until all of the items from your qualifying purchase have been provided or shipped by the merchant. Statement credit may be reversed if qualifying purchase is returned/cancelled. If American Express does not receive information that identifies your transaction as qualifying for the offer, you will not receive the statement credit. For example, your transaction will not qualify if it is not made directly with the merchant. In addition, in most cases, you will not receive the statement credit if your transaction is made with an electronic wallet or through a third party or if the merchant uses a mobile or wireless card reader to process it. By adding an offer to a Card, you agree that American Express may send you communications about the offer. POID: CDP5:0001

Member Summary
Most Recent Posts
I have a blue amex, but where do you find this? When I go there I see nothing. 
I found it. It was not very straightforwa... (more)

blair222 (Oct. 01, 2016 @ 3:05p) |

I don't see it on amex blue card

ghoshdd (Oct. 01, 2016 @ 3:58p) |

Instead of this one, I got the ATT wireless cellphone $50 back on $150 X 3 times

moneynomore (Oct. 01, 2016 @ 4:33p) |

Staff Summary
Categorized in
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

rated:
This would be hot if it were perpetual. $30, wait till 90 days after 1/2017, with no guarantee things won't go south.

rated:
Interesting, need to check further. Only reason I use my xxx credit card is the cash back which is between 1 and 3 %. As with others Am Exp offer many different cards so another check. And if/when they pull the offer just switch to another card. I'd switch providers when they offer great deals but with a 12 month minimum if it weren't for my DVR for life which is no longer offered.

rated:
So to maximize this, you COULD prepay $300 on your cable bill to get $30. My monthly bill is ~$35, my other house is ~$20, so that would be six months worth.

Not on my card, just checked. Hilton Amex. Or a Blue Cash Everyday card.

rated:
Got it on 7/7 cards (Blue Sky + AU, Blue Cash Everyday + AU. Amex Everyday + AU, Green).  My Comcast bill was set to automatically pay tomorrow via Chase Freedom, so I went online and paid today using one of my AMEX cards.

Received "Great news! You just used your Amex Offer" email immediately.

rated:
Please put the expiration date in the title.  Thanks.

P.S.  If you haven't already, also set the thread to auto-expire.

P.P.S.  "Hello, I'm yoregano and I approve this message."

rated:
Guess FIOS is not part of the deal.

rated:
hchen42 said:   Guess FIOS is not part of the deal.
  This deal worked with FIOS when it was offered in the past, I see no reason why it won't work this time around.

rated:
I have AMEX blue card. But I don't see this offer under AMEX offer and benefit..

rated:
0/4

rated:
0/4

rated:
0/2 blue and delta amex

rated:
Just got the monthly email saying my payment has been scheduled (old Verizon Fios, now Frontier). Checked AMEX Blue Cash Everyday card and it's available so I added it. Stands to reason if I pay the $187 (Yikes, that's what I pay for 1 month?) now or ahead of time my current autopay card won't be charged, and my AMEX statement will reflect $187 minus $18.70. And with the max of $30 the deal won't be as sweet next month.

rated:
I have TV and internet combined bill from Comcast. That should be qualified for the offer, right?

rated:
jolapo said:   I have TV and internet combined bill from Comcast. That should be qualified for the offer, right?
Yes.  

rated:
0/5

rated:
EradicateSpam said:   So to maximize this, you COULD prepay $300 on your cable bill to get $30. My monthly bill is ~$35, my other house is ~$20, so that would be six months worth.

I have the same question whether prepaying to TWC would count for the $30 credit -- because the T&Cs state in part "...Statement credit will appear on your billing statement within 90 days after 1/31/2017, provided that American Express receives information from the merchant about your qualifying purchase...."  What inforrmation does Amex get from TWC?

TIA 

rated:
It is on there available for my AMEX Blue Sky. I hope it works w/ Comcast. My rate after 1 year just went up 40%.

rated:
hchen42
Guess FIOS is not part of the deal.
  How come there's no way to delete my reply.  For example, I just realized that someone already posted that it worked for Fios in the past, and the best I can do is edit my reply which stated something someone already wrote.

rated:
Not on my Blue Cash card, too bad, would've been nice to have.

rated:
confused200 said:   
EradicateSpam said:   So to maximize this, you COULD prepay $300 on your cable bill to get $30. My monthly bill is ~$35, my other house is ~$20, so that would be six months worth.

I have the same question whether prepaying to TWC would count for the $30 credit -- because the T&Cs state in part "...Statement credit will appear on your billing statement within 90 days after 1/31/2017, provided that American Express receives information from the merchant about your qualifying purchase...."  What inforrmation does Amex get from TWC?

TIA 

Prepying worked fine in the past with Fios.

rated:
I also have a blue card and do not see this in my offers as some have reported in this post...

rated:
i dont see it too

rated:
Amex needs to get a picture of Tina Fey giving me the finger showing up when there are useful offers that don't appear in my account

rated:
speedbird71 said:   Amex needs to get a picture of Tina Fey giving me the finger showing up when there are useful offers that don't appear in my account
  Here you go.   

Yeah, I'm 0/3.

rated:
I have a blue amex, but where do you find this? When I go there I see nothing. 
I found it. It was not very straightforward. Benefits, and then see all offers.
Got the confirmation and was able to switch my payment card right before they billed me. Thanks OP!

rated:
I don't see it on amex blue card

rated:
Instead of this one, I got the ATT wireless cellphone $50 back on $150 X 3 times

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2016