posted 26 days ago by
Serene Member

Posted with ToGo

Microsoft Lumia 640 4G LTE with 8GB Memory Prepaid Cell Phone

Add Comment
Moderator Comment: This thread is mirrored to these forums: MOBILE, LAPTOPS, AND COMPUTERS, HOT DEALS. — Oct. 27, 2016 @ 3:15am
This phone is Cricket Wireless. Is it locked?

gbuskirk said:   This phone is Cricket Wireless. Is it locked?
  Doesn't say unlocked, so yes.

Is Microsoft making money or is it just about the small market share?

I have been a loyal windows phone user for over 12 years and I am just about done with them. Windows 10 on the phone has been less than wonderful and nobody is making apps for them. I kept holding out thinking things would get better and think the last couple years has been a back slide. Thinking about an android phone...

Writing this on an unlocked 640 att.
the cricket one is likely locked, so better to buy one of the other listings for an unlocked att gsm.

Anyways, recent news articles. No MS is losing money on these , france branch leader acknowledges no advantage over android/iphone, and now a long term business user play.

As for the phone, the best $30~ range phone out today.... If it only had android.

Otherwise, it's a very good phone for the basics - phone, text, web browsing, radio, music, and camera. As long as you don't need to do anything 'fun' or 'serious'. Missing so many apps - snap, pokemon, etc.

Stay on the Release OS versions; beta releases are a mess.

MS is losing the war because:
1. Doesn't have an android emulator ala blackberry.
thus, no way to close the app gap.
2. Ruins own OS.
640 Shipped with Radio app in 8.1.
MS removed it in 10?!? WTH??
3. Apps don't have basic features found in all other phones.
eg. Photo thumbnail browsing. No pinch zoom out to see many more thumbnails at once.
eg. No fast scroll bar. Takes numerous swipes simply to get to bottom of long list of thumbnails.

The 640 battery lasts 2 days, which is a testament to good OS engineering. But...I'd stick with Windows Phone OS 8.1 because HERE DRIVE++ works. In Windows 10, Here Drive doesn't work. And aside from browsing, taking a couple of pictures here and there, I use the phone mostly for offline GPS.

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply
    Click here for full-featured reply.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2016