posted 2 months ago by
leonc
Addicted Member

Monkees Set 

The LP (giant 12" plastic discs, for you iTunes folks) version of this set sold for over $150 at this year's record store day and now goes for over $200, but for those who prefer CDs (those round things that look a bit like coasters, for you iTunes folks) you can save a bundle.   Amazon directly sells the set for $48.34 + tax for many states.  If you click on "XX new from $28.27" link, you will see the option to buy from third party seller OxfordshireEngland for $32.27 shipped or from Rarewaves-Imports for $32.28.   You will wait a bit longer since those sets ship from the UK, but the savings is worth it.  If you are in a hurry, for some reason, there are a few US sellers offering $37.93 and $37.94 shipped prices, but as true Fat Wallet members, the over $5 savings should justify the wait.   Remember this is for 10 CDs, so you are looking at just over $3 per brand new CD (the music is more like 50 years old though)

If you are over 50 years old, this will likely bring back lots of memories of watching the TV show in your youth.10CD complete album collection spanning The Monkees's career, including a bonus disc of singles.Track ListingsDisc: 1  1. (Theme From) The Monkees  2. Saturday's Child (Stereo Mix)  3. I Wanna Be Free (Stereo Mix)  4. Tomorrow's Gonna Be Another Day (Stereo Mix)  5. Papa Gene's Blues  6. Take A Giant Step  7. Last Train To Clarksville  8. This Just Doesn't Seem To Be My Day (Stereo Mix)  9. Let's Dance On (Stereo Mix)  10. I'll Be True To You (Stereo Mix)  11. Sweet Young Thing (Stereo Mix)  12. Gonna Buy Me A Dog (Stereo Mix) Disc: 2  1. She (2006 Remastered)  2. When Love Comes Knockin' [At Your Door] [Original Stereo Version]  3. Mary, Mary (2006 Remastered)  4. Hold On Girl [Original Stereo Version]  5. Your Auntie Grizelda [Original Stereo Version]  6. (I'm Not Your) Steppin' Stone [2006 Remastered]  7. Look Out (Here Comes Tomorrow) [2006 Remastered]  8. The Kind Of Girl I Could Love [Original Stereo Version]  9. The Day We Fall In Love [Original Stereo Version]  10. Sometime In The Morning (2006 Remastered)  11. Laugh [Original Stereo Version]  12. I'm a Believer Disc: 3  1. You Told Me (2007 Remastered Version)  2. I'll Spend My Life With You (2007 Remastered Version)  3. Forget That Girl (2007 Remastered Version)  4. Band 6 (2007 Remastered Version)  5. You Just May Be The One (2007 Remastered Version)  6. Shades Of Gray (2007 Remastered Version)  7. I Can't Get Her Off My Mind (2007 Remastered Version)  8. For Pete's Sake (Closing Theme) [2007 Remastered Version]  9. Mr. Webster (2007 Remastered Version)  10. Sunny Girlfriend (2007 Remastered Version)  11. Zilch (2007 Remastered Version)  12. No Time (2007 Remastered Version)  13. Early Morning Blues And Greens (2007 Remastered Version)  14. Randy Scouse Git (2007 Remastered Version) Disc: 4  1. Salesman (2007 Remastered Version)  2. She Hangs Out (2007 Remastered Version)  3. The Door Into Summer (2007 Remastered Version)  4. Love Is Only Sleeping (2007 Remastered Version)  5. Cuddly Toy (2007 Remastered Version)  6. Words (2007 Remastered Version)  7. Hard To Believe (2007 Remastered Version)  8. What Am I Doing Hangin' 'Round (2007 Remastered Version)  9. Peter Percival Patterson's Pet Pig Porky (2007 Remastered Version)  10. Pleasant Valley Sunday  11. Daily Nightly (2007 Remastered Version)  12. Don't Call On Me (2007 Remastered Version)  13. Star Collector (2007 Remastered Version) Disc: 5  1. Dream World  2. Auntie's Municipal Court  3. We Were Made For Each Other  4. Tapioca Tundra  5. Daydream Believer  6. Writing Wrongs  7. I'll Be Back Up On My Feet  8. The Poster  9. P.O. Box 9847  10. Magnolia Simms  11. Valleri  12. Zor And Zam Disc: 6  1. Opening Ceremony  2. Porpoise Song [Theme From "Head"]  3. Ditty Diego-War Chant  4. Circle Sky  5. Supplicio  6. Can You Dig It  7. Gravy  8. Superstitious  9. As We Go Along  10. Dandruff?  11. Daddy's Song  12. Poll  13. Long Title: Do I Have To Do This All Over Again  14. Swami-Plus Strings Disc: 7  1. Through The Looking Glass  2. Don't Listen To Linda  3. I Won't Be The Same Without Her  4. Just A Game  5. Me Without You  6. Don't Wait For Me  7. You And I  8. While I Cry  9. Tear Drop City  10. The Girl I Left Behind Me  11. A Man Without A Dream  12. Shorty Blackwell Disc: 8  1. Little Girl  2. Good Clean Fun  3. If I Knew  4. Bye Bye Baby Bye Bye  5. Never Tell A Woman Yes  6. Looking For The Good Times  7. Ladies Aid Society  8. Listen To The Band (Fake Stereo Mix)  9. French Song  10. Mommy And Daddy  11. Oklahoma Backroom Dancer  12. Pillow Time Disc: 9  1. Oh My My (2015 Remastered)  2. Ticket On A Ferry Ride (2015 Remastered)  3. You're So Good To Me (2015 Remastered)  4. It's Got To Be Love (2015 Remastered)  5. Acapulco Sun (2015 Remastered)  6. 99 Pounds (2015 Remastered)  7. Tell Me Love (2015 Remastered)  8. Do You Feel It Too? (2015 Remastered)  9. I Love You Better (2015 Remastered)  10. All Alone In The Dark (2015 Remastered)  11. Midnight Train (2015 Remastered)  12. I Never Thought It Peculiar (2015 Remastered) Disc: 10  1. A Little Bit Me, A Little Bit You  2. She Hangs Out  3. The Girl I Knew Somewhere [Mono Single Mix]  4. All Of Your Toys  5. Goin' Down (2007 Remastered Stereo Mix)  6. D.W. Washburn  7. It's Nice To Be With You  8. Porpoise Song (Theme from "Head")  9. Someday Man  10. Do It In The Name Of Love [Single / Deluxe Reissue Album Version]  11. Lady Jane  12. That Was Then, This Is Now  13. Daydream Believer (1986 Remix)

11 Comments
Add Comment
rated:
An alternative to this set is the Monkees Music Box, which has 99 of these songs in a 4 CD set (The Monkees 10 Album Collection above has 126). New copies of the Monkees Music Box can be had for $15.68 shipped from Rarewaves in UK. The songs not in the Music Box set are mostly from the later LPs and the 10th bonus CD.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0094AYRAQ/ref=nav_timeline_asin?_enco...

rated:
I found it on eBay for $30 here

http://www.ebay.com/itm/302064025558

rated:
blueribb said:   I found it on eBay for $30 here

Good find.   It appears to be the last one though, while there are multiple copies at Amazon, so if that one is gone, the Amazon deal still looks reasonably hot to me.

rated:
leonc said:   
blueribb said:   I found it on eBay for $30 here

Good find.   It appears to be the last one though, while there are multiple copies at Amazon, so if that one is gone, the Amazon deal still looks reasonably hot to me.

They have 2 for sale now. I think they are a distributor.

rated:
Shot, edited & mastered on film, this show can be presented on TV in HD.  In the next decade, I tend to think all the best classic 30 minute TV shows from 1966 will still be widely known, while the best 30 minute TV shows from later decades (shot, edited & mastered on SD video) will be forgotton.

Gilligan's Island
Hogan's Heroes
Brady Bunch
etc even B&W Andy Griffith here to stay

Sadly fading on standard video
WKRP
Bob Newhart
etc

And interestingly, first 2 seasons of Happy Days = high def, while seasons 3+ were shot on video.

rated:
Not sure if you guys noticed from the Amzn link, but they came out with a new CD in May.
Monkees-Good Times-2016 release

rated:
sportsfan64 said:   Not sure if you guys noticed from the Amzn link, but they came out with a new CD in May.

Obvious it is a remix  since Davy Jones died in 2012

rated:
bb6619 said:   
sportsfan64 said:   Not sure if you guys noticed from the Amzn link, but they came out with a new CD in May.

Obvious it is a remix  since Davy Jones died in 2012

That is not correct (about the remix -- Davy Jones did die in 2012).   Micky Dolenz, Michael Nesmith, and Peter Tork take lead vocals on the songs for the new album.   Peter didn't tend to sing lead on the classic albums, but Mickey and Mike did quite a few.

rated:
Still (or again?) available on Amazon. $32.28 from Oxfordshire and $32.29 from Rarewaves.
The Monkees 10 CD Set

rated:
Not sure who moved this to Expired Deals, but it never went expired.  

rated:
'Love to Love' is an alternate take on 'Good TImes', where Mickey & Peter sang some background vocals that weren't there originally.  They wanted to include Davy, who obviously couldn't provide new vocals.  The album is quite good, actually.  As for this deal...not bad, but I'd rather have the vinyl version...

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2016