posted 48 years ago by
Atariman56
Primate Member

TiVo BOLT 1000 GB DVR - $244.06 + Tax  

TiVo BOLT 500 GB DVR - $169.99 + Tax  

Amazon currently has the Tivo Bolt DVR (NOT Bolt+) on sale again after a few months of waiting. Not only is the 500 GB on sale, but the 1 TB is as well, and they ship direct from Amazon Also, if you would rather pick up in store at a Best Buy, they will price match since this is not a Prime Deal! Lastly, this does NOT include the one year subscription the original Bolt DVRs included in the price. You can either do one year commitment at $14.99 per month from Tivo, or pay the full year up front for $149 per year. "All-in" service plan (life of the box only) is $549.99.

Views
3 Comments
Add Comment
The high cost of the monthly program service might make this a questionable deal. Since the recent acquisition by, or merger with, Rovio, prices have increased, and customer service to user issues is not as prompt or thorough as it once was. Owners of older, but still perfectly functional TiVo units are being abondoned because of un-compatible software updates and hardware issues. The streaming functions can be available easier, and with no monthly charge, from other devices. To use these units with a cable service, additional hardware from the cable company is required, at additional, and ongoing, cost. Changing cable technology, including possible new rules regarding set-top boxes, could have an additional impact on the long term useability of this device. I am a long time TiVo user, have always been a real fan of the device. Not so much anymore. When my current, still perfectly functioning box, becomes totally obsolete, in spite of my "lifetime" service commitment, I will certainly look elsewhere for a replacement.

eds72 said:   The high cost of the monthly program service might make this a questionable deal. Since the recent acquisition by, or merger with, Rovio, prices have increased, and customer service to user issues is not as prompt or thorough as it once was. Owners of older, but still perfectly functional TiVo units are being abondoned because of un-compatible software updates and hardware issues. The streaming functions can be available easier, and with no monthly charge, from other devices. To use these units with a cable service, additional hardware from the cable company is required, at additional, and ongoing, cost. Changing cable technology, including possible new rules regarding set-top boxes, could have an additional impact on the long term useability of this device. I am a long time TiVo user, have always been a real fan of the device. Not so much anymore. When my current, still perfectly functioning box, becomes totally obsolete, in spite of my "lifetime" service commitment, I will certainly look elsewhere for a replacement.
  Which model Tivo do you have? Do you have specific info about when they will be making certain models obsolete?

I'm happy with my TiVo roamio ota. No monthly fees and it was very easy to replace the hard drive with a 3tb

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2017