posted 48 years ago by
Atariman56
Primate Member

Assorted glass cutting boards 

Amazon has Kess Inhouse glass cutting boards from $2.56 down from $49 Amazon add on items

Scroll down list to see a variety of glass cutting boards.

Over 40 different styles

Views
27 Comments
Add Comment
Glass cutting boards are hard (literally) on your knives.

mikeman said:   Glass cutting boards are hard (literally) on your knives.
  And ears. lol

How can you not like the "Do Not Enter Text" feature

Where do you see that these were originally $49?

This one is down from $59: https://www.amazon.com/Kess-InHouse-Akwaflorell-Cutting-15-75-In...

As long as we are making up prices, why not say down from $159?

artificially inflate a price so that way it looks like a deal when you discount it to normal price.

You can use these as serving platters, but do NOT use a knife on a glass board

And remember, this is not Amazon. selling this, it's a third party

harrisonh said:   

And remember, this is not Amazon. selling this, it's a third party

Ships from and sold by Amazon. com. Gift-wrap available.

If you want to have dull knives glass cutting boards are fine.

Late to the party, and no Offense meant at the OP...

GLASS cutting boards are for MORONS.

Unless you are using them as DECORATIVE pieces in your kitchen.

If you grabbed one of MY knives and headed towards a GLASS cutting surface....   The paramedics would be pulling my cleaver out of your head and my filet knife out of your intercostal.  Look it up, oh wait, here it is: https://www.google.com/search?q=intercostal

I got a glass board to burn up some expiring SYWR points a few years ago.  
It sat unused for a long time until one day I decided to use it for pizza.
Love that tomato sauce, oil, etc don't stain it.  I use a pizza wheel for slicing.
Kinda silly to have a board just for pizza but it works for me.

my4mainecoons said:   I got a glass board to burn up some expiring SYWR points a few years ago.  
It sat unused for a long time until one day I decided to use it for pizza.
Love that tomato sauce, oil, etc don't stain it.  I use a pizza wheel for slicing.
Kinda silly to have a board just for pizza but it works for me.

Moron label removed when using this with a pizza wheel.  

Pizza wheels are 1 or 2 bucks, and replaceable at a whim... 

Good knives are $$$$$$$$ and should ALWAYS be treated as such!

Just thinking of cutting on glass boards makes me shiver.

Hey guys, I'd like to buy these to use with my $1,000 artisanal special-edition knives, do you think it would be a good idea??

AlwaysWrite said:   Hey guys, I'd like to buy these to use with my $1,000 artisanal special-edition knives, do you think it would be a good idea??
  Absolutely - go for it. If anyone needs to ask that question, then s/he already got the m**** label (refer to Technologist post above) on one's forehead. So it will be perfect.

I bought some thicker glass cutting boards on clearance at Target 10 yrs ago and have used them as lapping plates for my plane blades and chisel blades for woodworking.  You stick a piece of emery paper on the flat glass surface and you can flatten the backs of your blades or even sharpen your blades on the surface.  Youtube demo for sharpening blades

momoman said:   I bought some thicker glass cutting boards on clearance at Target 10 yrs ago and have used them as lapping plates for my plane blades and chisel blades for woodworking.  You stick a piece of emery paper on the flat glass surface and you can flatten the backs of your blades or even sharpen your blades on the surface.  Youtube demo for sharpening blades

Look up the "Scary Sharp Method" for other references. The method does work. Initial cost is very low. A flat surface (glass plate, MDF, marble slab), and various sheets of abrasives costs less than $20. The cloth or paper backed abrasives, however, don't last very long and before you know it you have spent the price of a good sharpening stone or diamond plate on abrasive sheets.

AlwaysWrite said:   Hey guys, I'd like to buy these to use with my $1,000 artisanal special-edition knives, do you think it would be a good idea??

If you have $1,000 knives, I think you are trolling in the wrong pond my friend.

I bought various patterns from Amazon. Will use these for decoration purpose. Thanks OP for the link. Great find!

I  don't understand why glass cutting board is even manufactured.  It can only for decoration or aesthetics.

LegOfAhab said:   I  don't understand why glass cutting board is even manufactured.  It can only for decoration or aesthetics.

Perhaps playing into people's fears of micro organisms?

momoman said:   I bought some thicker glass cutting boards on clearance at Target 10 yrs ago and have used them as lapping plates for my plane blades and chisel blades for woodworking.  You stick a piece of emery paper on the flat glass surface and you can flatten the backs of your blades or even sharpen your blades on the surface. 
  I used to use straight glass to do the final polish on my chisels. Now I use that manufactured "quartz" countertop material - its ground to a nice polish and sure leaves a shine on the blade.

If you accidently spill some stain over these chopping board, place them on a window as a high-end stained glass.  I hope the OP will win a T-shirt for this post.

These make great gifts for those in your life who shouldn't have sharp knives, since using a knife on these will destroy any blade. 

Thanks. I bought the Kess  Monika Strigel Beach Wood Blue Cutting Board, which actually is 49. on the Kess website.
Yes for pizza or serving, not cutting. I quite like the pattern.
Most of the rest of them are actually less right now on the Kess website than Amazon, but of course not with free shipping. 

I use these as serving platters and large trivets. They're lovely for that purpose. I thought about buying one as a gift, but noticed these are "add on" items to a carted purchase, so...  Otherwise, good find OP.

Like another poster said, I use this as a trivet in front of my microwave.  It's a place to set something hot on when I pull it out.

However, I've always used a Corelle saucer or plate to cut with.  It's easy to stick in the dishwasher.

Good thing my Caphalon knives were only $100 at BBB.  I don't deserve expensive knives.  I also don't particularly want them.  My chopping experiences are limited to celery, onions, etc.  I slice a tomato sometimes.

I'm not a good cook.  

I have bought quite a few of these as gifts, and at this price, they're GREAT! I check back frequently, too, because the selection seems to vary over time. Thanks, OP!

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2017