Avatar
posted 47 years ago by
brusbrother
Senior Member - 2K

Got this offer on three Amex Blue cards YMMV. Probably good on in store gift cards purchases as well.
Details Get a one-time $15 statement credit by using your enrolled Card to make a single purchase of $75 or more in-store at The Home Depot by 11/1/2016. See terms for exclusions. View Locations NearbyTermsValid in-store only. Not valid on online purchases. Excludes Car Washes, Gas Stations, Custom Blinds, 3rd Party Installation Services Purchased At Home, Your Other Warehouse, HD Direct, Home Decorators Collection, At Home Services, Home Depot Foundation, Home Depot Garden Club, Home Depot Canada, Home Depot Mexico, Employee Funds and Employee Committee. See merchant website for shipping policy. Some merchants may not ship to all areas. Enrollment limited. Must add offer to Card and use same Card to redeem. Limit 1 statement credit(s) per American Express® Card across all American Express offer channels. Statement credit will appear on your billing statement within 90 days after 11/1/2016, provided that American Express receives information from the merchant about your qualifying purchase. Note that American Express may not receive information about your qualifying purchase from merchant until all items from your qualifying purchase have been provided/shipped by merchant. Statement credit may be reversed if qualifying purchase is returned/cancelled. If American Express does not receive information that identifies your transaction as qualifying for the offer, you will not receive the statement credit. For example, your transaction will not qualify if it is not made directly with the merchant. In addition, in most cases, you may not receive the statement credit if your transaction is made with an electronic wallet or through a third party or if the merchant uses a mobile or wireless card reader to process it. By adding an offer to a Card, you agree that American Express may send you communications about the offer. POID: CDP9:0001 

Views
29 Comments
Add Comment
Was on all our cards including serve cards.  Thanks OP!

All cards here as well. Thanks OP!

2/4 here.  Yes on both Blues, no on Starwood and Hilton.  Perfect since we have to by a new over the range microwave today!

Was on my SPG (Starwood card).

Thanks OP... got 3/3

REMEMBER! 

HD sells gift cards, at the very least, if you have nothing to buy at present, get an HD gift card for $75 for future use (say Black Friday) as this offer ends 11/1.

MISTERCHEAP said:   NOTE!

there is also a second offer to get 2x Membership Rewards points at HOME DEPOT, be sure to clip that one as well (scroll further down to see it). offers will double dip.

  
That offer is for HomeDepot.com, Mr. C.  OP's offer is in store, only.  No double-dip, unfortunately.

parmenides said:   
MISTERCHEAP said:   NOTE!

there is also a second offer to get 2x Membership Rewards points at HOME DEPOT, be sure to clip that one as well (scroll further down to see it). offers will double dip.

  
That offer is for HomeDepot.com, Mr. C.  OP's offer is in store, only.  No double-dip, unfortunately.

  

oops! thanks for the clarification.

Please add expiration date in thread title.  Thanks.

Had it on mine. Thank you!

On my Blue Cash.

1/5 but my 2 local HDs are allergic to gift card purchases via rcredit card

speedbird71 said:   1/5 but my 2 local HDs are allergic to gift card purchases via rcredit card
  
Show them your license and your credit card with matching name, if they don't want to sell to you, tell them your money is welcome elsewhere.

I would also call corporate right in front of them, and I almost guarantee they will override the stores decision. I hope they have a very large sign above their gift cards listing the restriction.

Not on card here.

NoMoneyInMyWallet said:   Please add expiration date in thread title.  Thanks.
Done. BUT it was already in the body of the post.
Never know how much to put in title...

Sorry, max # of Card Members have enrolled in #AmexHomeDepot offer. Visit http://amex.co/faves for more offers

No love on either Blue Cash Preferred or USAA Cashbash Rewards Plus.

0/10 on HD deal, 2/10 on Lowes deal

nvm

eljamesyu said:   0/10 on HD deal, 2/10 on Lowes deal
 The reason perhaps you are 0/10 on the Home Depot deal is because it is no longer available. It was offered several days ago in the early AM and by the mid-afternoon is was gone already.

MrVietnam said:   
eljamesyu said:   0/10 on HD deal, 2/10 on Lowes deal
 The reason perhaps you are 0/10 on the Home Depot deal is because it is no longer available. It was offered several days ago in the early AM and by the mid-afternoon is was gone already.

  What makes you think it's "gone?"  Someone tried twitter, but that was likely one of the previous Home Depot offers.

supersnoop00 said:   
MrVietnam said:   
eljamesyu said:   0/10 on HD deal, 2/10 on Lowes deal
 The reason perhaps you are 0/10 on the Home Depot deal is because it is no longer available. It was offered several days ago in the early AM and by the mid-afternoon is was gone already.

  What makes you think it's "gone?"  Someone tried twitter, but that was likely one of the previous Home Depot offers.

Why I think it is gone is because I was at work in the mid-morning the day the deal went live. I saw the deal on my smartphone. It was on two different cards. I decided to wait until I got home from work to add them so I could do the opening different browser trick and get the deal on both Am Ex cards, but when I got home I saw the deal was no longer listed on any of my cards. That is why I think it is gone.

When did HD start carrying 3rd party gc?  
I went in tonight expecting to buy a $75 HD gc.  Got $75 in gas gc instead.  
Arrived home to find "Great news! You just used your Amex Offer" email.

my4mainecoons said:   When did HD start carrying 3rd party gc?  
I went in tonight expecting to buy a $75 HD gc.  Got $75 in gas gc instead.  
Arrived home to find "Great news! You just used your Amex Offer" email.

  HD & Lowes have been selling 3rd party GCs for a while (Lowes has a better selection)

Grabbed some eBay GCs at local HD

my4mainecoons said:   When did HD start carrying 3rd party gc?  
I went in tonight expecting to buy a $75 HD gc.  Got $75 in gas gc instead.  
Arrived home to find "Great news! You just used your Amex Offer" email.

For as long as these Amex offers have been around. I've probably done the HD ones 5x in the past 5 years, didn't get it this time though.

If you need a battery for your car, they have great deals on Exide!

last week upcoming for this.

FYI Home Depot DOES sell gift cards for:

Shell, Gulf, BP

Many Restaurant Chains (dine in and fast food), iTunes, Barnes Noble, SpaFinder, Starbucks, etc if you have no other reason to spend $75 at Home Depot.

I had no problem using an AMEX card to buy Disney gift cards for an upcoming trip. One of AMEX's better deals lately.

I had the offer on 7 cards.

I didn't need any restaurant gift cards.  My local HD carries Shell, BP, and Gulf gas cards but there are very few, if any, of those stations around here and the few that do exist are usually higher priced.  Plus, I already have a couple hundred Shell and BP GCs "in inventory" from prior AMEX deals.

So, I ended buying 5 $100 Visa GCs.  $105.95 x 5 =  $529.75.  Paid $75 on 6 cards and $79.75 on the 7th card.  $529.75 - $105 ($15 x 7) AMEX credit = $424.75 for $500.  I got 15% off $500 which I am free to spend anywhere that takes Visa.



Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2017