• filter:
  • Page :
  • Text Only
  • Search this Topic »
Voting History
Amaz0n $95.39 https://www.amazon.com/Sony-BDPS6500-Upscaling-Blu-ray-Player/dp/B00X6AGWRQ 
WaImart $109.00 https://www.walmart.com/ip/45160594 
BestBuy $179.99 http://www.bestbuy.com/site/sony-bdps6500-streaming-4k-upscaling... 

Enjoy over 300 streaming entertainment services, including Netflix, YouTube, Hulu Plus and more. Upscale your favorite Blu-rays, DVDs and photos to near-4K quality and get stunning resolution thanks to TRILUMINO technology, making your favorite 3D Blu-ray movies look better than ever. You can even bring your mobile media to the big screen with Miracast screen mirroring or play select PS3 games with PlayStationNow — no game console required.

Sony 4K WiFi Blu-ray Disc Player:

-300+ Streaming Apps: Netflix, YouTube, Hulu Plus, Amazon Instant Video and more
    -Upscale Blu-ray movies, DVDs and photos to near-4K quality
    -Mirror your Android-compatible mobile device's screen on your TV with Miracast technology
    -PlayStation Now
    -Upscale your DVDs to near-HD quality or even play your CDs
    -TRILUMINOS display technology
    -WiFi module provides excellent stability and speed for improved streaming performance
    -Easy access to apps and functions with a customizable User Interface
    -Control and browse from mobile devices with TV SideView
    -Quick Start/Load to watch movies faster than ever
    -Enjoy music, photos and video via front USB slot
    -Experience HD sound with Dolby TrueHD and DTS-Master Audio
    -Browse the Internet on your TV with the built-in web browser

Moderator Comment: This thread is mirrored to these forums: MOVIES AND HOME THEATER, HOT DEALS. — Oct. 24, 2016 @ 10:38pm
Member Summary
Staff Summary
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

Good to see "near-4K quality" DVD player pricing drop below $100, but I still consider it a bit early to upgrade. For those with upscaling 4k smart TVs, most if not all of the features already exist, sub $50 Blu-ray players should be MORE than good enough.

title is a bit misleading. Cheapest real 4K player is the xbox One S at $299.

Title should include "upscaling"

Don't all 4K TV's upscale from 1080p ?

Here's a real 4K Blu ray Player (refurb) at a good price:

I recently bought a new Sony 55" 4K TV.

What I failed to realize, is that my Onkyo receiver is only 1080p output.

My Blurays did not look as good as they used to and my Bluray player was only 1080p. I bought this player (used off eBay for $49) and connected directly to my TV. The upscaling is great and the load time of Avatar was like - 10 seconds. This is way faster than my old Bluray player and it upscales to 4K with ease. My audio is now all over optical toslink and to my ears - I don't hear much of a difference.

blueribb said:   Title should include "upscaling"

Don't all 4K TV's upscale from 1080p ?

Here's a real 4K Blu ray Player (refurb) at a good price:

4K TVs run at different resolutions based on the output of the source device. It does not automatically upscale to 4K. For instance - Netflix shows that are not 4K are shown in 1080p resolution on the TV.

Also - the link you posted is $200 for a refurb. At that price, you're better off picking up a PS4 Pro or Xbox S for the best bang-for-your-buck 4K UHD Bluray player with upscaling, gaming, and media device.

Title must include UPSCALING!!

Otherwise, dead deal imo because 4k tv all upscale from 2k, and you really need a true 4K uhd bluray player to play true 4K uhd hdr atmos bluray discs.

$20-30 bluray player is all you'll need otherwise if not playing 4k bluray discs.

Totally misleading title. This is a 4K UPSCALING player. It just upscales 1080p to "near 4K" (whatever that means)

It is NOT a 4K player!!

It is just a regular cheapo Blu-ray player with upscaling tech built in. Since every 4K TV already has this capability, I don't see why you would want to duplicate (and pay extra for) this functionality in the Blu-ray player.

I beg the differ - as stated earlier - my Onkyo receiver has 1080p output. The content was grainy. I bought this player and it is night/day difference in quality when connected directly to the TV over my old Bluray player.

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply
    Click here for full-featured reply.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2016