posted 2 months ago by
ragingwookiee
Senior Member - 5K

rated:
Nice!  I wonder how this compares to Kindle Unlimited.  Probably less books, but still another cool perk with Prime.

rated:
When you browse the catalog for Kindle Prime stuff it seems to have 1,013 total items.

Kindle Unlimited has 1.4 million in its list.

So yes the prime list is a LOT less. But its free for Prime and I see a few good items.

rated:
Thanks for the heads up OP. Some nice magazines for me to read to kill some time. I haven't touched one of those in a long time; should be interesting.

rated:
Thanks OP. I only browsed briefly but it looks like there is some good stuff there.

rated:
I found a few interesting non-fiction items, including a couple that were on my wish list, mostly Kindle singles. By the way, you can have 10 titles at a time in your library from this. To select another, you have to return something you've already selected for your library.

rated:
Is there a way to search only these books?

rated:
Once you've selected one of the Prime books for your library, you can buy the Audible narration at the discounted price shown for owner's of the Kindle edition.

rated:
Thanks OP!!!!

rated:
Did this replace the Kindle Lending Library?

rated:
Another reason to keep Prime.

rated:
Thanks, OP. Great and useful post.

rated:
I've been trying to see the list of magazines available but I can't find them in the links provided. Any help out there?

rated:
The Millionaire Next Door appears to be on a list
Highly recommended for anyone who has not read it.
I grabbed the man in the high castle

rated:
Looks like only the primary account holder gets access. No household members.

rated:
I don't think this is a new offering though..  It's been around for a long time.

rated:
JonnyRock said:   The Millionaire Next Door appears to be on a list
Highly recommended for anyone who has not read it.
I grabbed the man in the high castle

I started reading Man in the High Castle this morning omw in.

rated:
lomomagix said:   I've been trying to see the list of magazines available but I can't find them in the links provided. Any help out there?

Just scroll down after clicking on the link in the OP. Lists scrolls sideways and starts with "Bon Apetit"

rated:
Perfect timing as I expect to be out of power for several days due to Hurricane Matthew.

rated:
Narcosis said:   
lomomagix said:   I've been trying to see the list of magazines available but I can't find them in the links provided. Any help out there?

Just scroll down after clicking on the link in the OP. Lists scrolls sideways and starts with "Bon Apetit"

Well I'll be damned!  I've scrolled to the bottom and all I see are two paragraphs titled "Unlimited Reading" and "Any Device" but no list whatsoever.  It's either I'm spooked or I'm cursed!

rated:
TuxFL said:   Perfect timing as I expect to be out of power for several days due to Hurricane Matthew.
  Stay safe, friend

rated:
devyanks90 said:   Did this replace the Kindle Lending Library?
  No, the Lending Library continues.  This is a new program.

rated:
I don't care much for the books part of this, but it is really nice to have access to as many magazines as are listed. Consumer Reports is one that I'll definitely take advantage of!

rated:
My favorite author at the moment (Brandon Sanderson) has almost nothing available except the Spanish versions. And no hablo espaņol.

rated:
Alexa can likely read many of these books as she is able to with my existing Kindle library.

rated:
Not much value. The books I want to read are not on the list. Nothing on the list I intend to read.

rated:
Serenader said:   Once you've selected one of the Prime books for your library, you can buy the Audible narration at the discounted price shown for owner's of the Kindle edition.
You can also do that for library books you've downloaded to Kindle. Another good reason to make use of your local library.

rated:
clb4g9 said:   I don't care much for the books part of this, but it is really nice to have access to as many magazines as are listed. Consumer Reports is one that I'll definitely take advantage of!
  If one goes through the local (county?) library, I think there's free digital access for consumer reports.  (I guess it depends on the locale, though)

rated:
Lots of magazines too.

rated:
I use this and my library systems ebook downloads, also free. I basically never have to go to the library or bookstore anymore to find a good book or magazine to read.

rated:
Great! Thanks.

rated:
that's awesome!

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2016