posted 47 years ago by
mariaflor

Yugster Men's Solid Genuine Leather Belts Buy One get One  Free $7.97
https://www.yugster.com/deals/73488-men-s-solid-genuine-leather-...

Views
16 Comments
Add Comment

Chapter 4: Leather Types Quality - Top Grain Vs. Full Grain
Disclaimer

Different Leather Grades
Disclaimer
Belts as a fashion statement are one thing.

But if you wear belts to hold your pants up like I do. Nothing but FULL GRAIN leather will do.

http://www.saddlebackleather.com/craftsmanship/chpt4-leather-101... 
Full Grain, Top Grain, Genuine and Bonded Leathers A Quick Lesson 

Nice belts but the gold buckles kill the deal for me.

Husband losing weight. Good time to buy him some new belts. Thanks, OP!

Gold buckle might be OK on brown (wonder if buckle is replaceable?). Even if full leather can't really tell how well made they are. I'd pay that much even for one but only if I knew what I was getting.

Lol - description says - "Don't look like a fool with your pants on the ground - GRAB a belt today - and get one FREE!"

How is the quality of these belts?

bharatiya said:   How is the quality of these belts?
  Lame. They'll fall apart as they're "genuine leather". I posted pics & a link.

Thanks, zap! Nice to be educated.

Thank you Zapjb!  That finally explains why my belt bought 15 years ago for $10 at a street bazaar in Poland still going strong while department store genuine leather belts fall apart in a couple of months!

You folks are welcome. I had a couple belts disintegrate before I learned about the different grades of leather. These grades apply to couches, jackets, purses, wallets etc.

zapjb said:   You folks are welcome. I had a couple belts disintegrate before I learned about the different grades of leather. These grades apply to couches, jackets, purses, wallets etc.
 Give us a break.   You can't just generalize and say one type lasts forever and another type falls apart at the slightest touch without ever having seen it.

I came to this thread looking to possibly buy a couple cheap belts and ended up buying a $28 Full Grain Leather Belt from Amazon after reading the post from zapjb. I have never spent over $10 for a men's belt and they usually last a year or two and then crack at one of the holes. So I decided to treat myself to a top quality belt this time. Maybe I'll get more than a year or two of use this time.

Here's the belt I ordered:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01I0H1UQ2

These belts look like the same ones they sell at the 99cent store.

Get the Costco one for $17. It's very good and is Top Grain and has lasted me years so far. And it's Costco.
http://www.costco.com/Kirkland-Signature-Men's-Italian-Leather-F...

Don't understand me folks. I put pressure on my belts, sometimes gut busting pressure. That's why I need Full Grain Leather belts.

If your pants just fit all the time & your belt fits loosely without your pants falling down you probably don't need Full Grain.

Maybe I used the wrong word. But I've had more than a few non Full Grain belts break on me. But never a Full Grain belt.

Another factor is leather rot. If you live in the tropics with high humidity almost always. I've seen non Full Grain belts break on perfectly fit people whose clothes fit loose.

Meijer annually around xmas time, has Brand name belts BOGO.. Dickies brand maybe? can't remember
Some but not all of the sale belts are solid leather, and will last a long time.

Buyer beware - these are actually narrower than normal (not just thinner). I had to return my purchase (not without a fight), because they looked a little odd being narrow.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2017