• Text Only
  • Search this Topic »
Voting History

Posted with ToGo

Kershaw 1660BLKW Leek Folding Knife with BlackWash SpeedSafe

free shipping with Prime

Member Summary
Staff Summary
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

Good deal on a Leek 7 on a 10 point scale.

I got rid of all my Leeks. Used to love them. I found them too hard to hold onto, slippage. Except for the rare G10 handled Leeks which are up to $40-$70 more. Blade is too thin. Frame or linerlock isn't strong enough inherently. SpeedSafe is mistaken for illegal more often than not. Leeks used to be my EDC for years.

Now albeitingly my current EDC costs $75 on sale for me it solves all the above problems. It's a Spyderco Delica 4 with Emerson Wave. It's benefits: FRN handle is the best grip of any knife I've ever handled, at 2.91" blade it is under 3" which some LEO will assert the Leek is illegal at 3", the Wave feature is much faster deployment than SpeedSafe, blade is thicker, & the lock back is very secure.
Emerson Wave demo https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9WYvangRZAs

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply
    Click here for full-featured reply.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2016