Posted with ToGo

Microsoft Lumia 550 RM-1128 8GB Smartphone (Unlocked, Black)
$59.99
https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/1205772-REG/microsoft_a00026398_lumia_550_rm_1128_8gb.htmlMicrosoft 

Views
16 Comments
Add Comment
It is smaller and less battery life than the 640 which has been selling for $20 less

Somewhat underwhelming. Microsoft is making me give up on WP. I have given it three years and actually love the platform, but the already limited app selection is steadily drying up. I have had two stop working in the last month and there are no updates available and haven't been for some time.

chubbypops said:   Somewhat underwhelming. Microsoft is making me give up on WP. I have given it three years and actually love the platform, but the already limited app selection is steadily drying up. I have had two stop working in the last month and there are no updates available and haven't been for some time.
  I have used the 640 for everything but a phone, 

well, I wouldn't really compare a Cricket Wireless locked 640 vs. unlocked 550. In a Microsoft lingo, this is not a mango to mango comparison!

But you're actually comparing this to two 640s.

what am I missing? ​2 locked 640 to 1 unlocked 550?! If the 640 is unlocked for $20 than it's a no brainer (although the upgrade to Windows 10 Phone could be a little bumpy).

29.99 x 2 = 59.98

Can't say this is better than a 640 when it really needs to be better than TWO 640's.

It's better because it's UNLOCKED and has a native win 10 phone OS on it. I also own 830, 640 XL, and 550. BTW, I paid $99 for my 550. That being said, I totally agree with chubbypops - I don't like where MS is going with the Windows Phone platform.

Stubtify said:   29.99 x 2 = 59.98

Can't say this is better than a 640 when it really needs to be better than TWO 640's.

My 640 is not from cricket  I also received the unlocked   code direct from AT&T

Why anyone would buy a WP related product is beyond me....Might as well buy a Blackberry too. Unless the phone is <$15 it's not worth it. These products are DOA.

Spec wise no better than 640. I got AT&T 640 sometime back. Unlock code was given free. Also could upgrade to Windows 10 with no issues.

chammerbeck said:   Why anyone would buy a WP related product is beyond me....Might as well buy a Blackberry too. Unless the phone is <$15 it's not worth it. These products are DOA.
  simply because with the discounts you can end up getting more hardware for the $ than elsewhere.  Even if they won't be supporting or updating them any more, Windows phones mostly function fine already and will keep doing so for the upcoming future (assuming they don't fail as any electronics might.)
I don't think this 550 is that great of a deal though, with only 8GB.  Like others have mentioned, watch for the 640 at $30 for a better deal.  I bought my 640 for $40 from AT&T like 6 months ago... free unlock too.

chammerbeck said:   Why anyone would buy a WP related product is beyond me....Might as well buy a Blackberry too. Unless the phone is <$15 it's not worth it. These products are DOA.
  My 640  It is not my primary phone
has a built in FM radio,
     A good amount of phones do not  Including Iphones
works great as an MP3 player  w/128gb chip
GPS works great,  
Synchs to a computer at work that is severely locked down to prevent phones from syncing.

On a recent trip my 640 was only phone that got GPS reception inside airplane.
Had several iPhones and Samsung phones with me, none worked.
My 640 got accurate fix in seconds from power off, uses even Baidu.
Sometimes I get iPhones and Androids to work as well, but not this time.
(Plus wPhones have as many maps stored locally as you like ... worldwide).

In that case, 640 from AT&T with unlocked code is golden. You get more hardware for less dollars.

http://www.phonearena.com/phones/compare/Microsoft-Lumia-550,Microsoft-Lumia-640/phones/9547%2C9253

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2017