posted 2 months ago by
addylor

So I signed up for the prepay 3 months and receive a free Roku2 promo and received a Roku3 today. So either a mistake or they upgraded me due to being out of stock on the Roku2. Maybe due to not being available anymore because of the new versions that are out. YMMV!!!!!

*Update. Seems they might be out the Roku3 and might be sending the Premiere now.
This might be the norm now when they update the Sling site.

54 Comments
Add Comment
rated:
Get a FREE Roku 2 when you prepay three months. (minimum $20 per month)
After three months of pre-paid service is complete, you can continue month to month at the regular rate.
No annual contract.

https://www.sling.com/

rated:
great

rated:
addylor said:   So I signed up for the prepay 3 months and receive a free Roku2 promo and received a Roku3 today. So either a mistake or they upgraded me due to being out of stock on the Roku2. Maybe due to not being available anymore because of the new versions that are out. YMMV!!!!!
  Was the Roku3 in sealed retail packaging or a refurb? I did this yesterday but started with 7 days free and had BestBuuy match Kohls online price of $49.99 on a Roku3 which is 50% off. Wanted to check out the service and watch some ALDS baseball. So far happy with service and at the right price. If your Roku3 was new in box I will go ahead and do the 3 month deal hoping for a Roku3 instead of a Roku2. No harm if it doesn't. Main difference between them is Roku3 has voice search through the remote.

rated:
New in sealed retail box.

rated:
addylor said:   New in sealed retail box.
  Sweet! How long did shipping take? Thank you for the heads up.

rated:
Signed up on the 4th, received it on the 7th.

rated:
Thanks addylor!

rated:
Forgot to mention it also came with a $5 Vudu credit.

rated:
My roku2 is still sitting in the box for a yr. Anyone know how to download or record episodes from sling...ESPN PTI specifically. Thanks. Or kodi root

rated:
I don't think it's possible to root for kodi. You could sell it and try to find a used nvidia shield on eBay... it's a flawless kodi machine. Just my dos cents. Good luck!

rated:
You can't root roku...that's why it's still in the box and use Amazon tv and masterchannel...thanks though

rated:
RETRAC,
Let us know how you make out.

rated:
addylor said:   RETRAC,

Will do

rated:
Remember current AMEX Offer:Sling TV - Spend $15 or more, get $5 back

rated:
Can confirm, same thing, Rx'd a NEW Roku 3.

rated:
FatMoneyClip said:   Remember current AMEX Offer:Sling TV - Spend $15 or more, get $5 back
  Did that also and started the T-Mobile promo. It confirmed the discount will start in January after the 3 months.

So If  you combine all.....

3 months of SlingTV   $59.99
Free Roku3 save -$50 (compared to getting the Roku2) 
Vudu  Credit save -$5
AMEX save -$5 (already applied on my statement)

Then T-Mobile 30%  save -$6 thereafter.

*Remember there's no guarantee, but you must select the free Roku2 option!

rated:
Thanks OP.

After you posted, I signed up for the Roku 2 + 3 Months for $60.

Received a Roku 3 today

Used my AMEX and also got back $5 ($5 off $15 Sling TV offer) & $6 (10% back on cable TV offer).

rated:
Wow, Sling qualified for the extra 10%!
Glad it worked for you.

rated:
addylor said:   
FatMoneyClip said:   Remember current AMEX Offer:Sling TV - Spend $15 or more, get $5 back
  Did that also and started the T-Mobile promo. It confirmed the discount will start in January after the 3 months.

So If  you combine all.....

3 months of SlingTV   $59.99
Free Roku3 save -$50 (compared to getting the Roku2) 
Vudu  Credit save -$5
AMX save -$5 (already applied on my statement)

Then T-Mobile 30%  save -$6 thereafter.

*Remember there's no guarantee, but you must select the free Roku2 option!

I was told yesterday by Sling CS after my 3 mo  expired I could signup for the T-Mobile 30% off 12 mo if still available. I reread your post seeing you were able to do it all at initial signup so went to the T-Mobile offer, signed into my acct and cha ching have the 30% after my 3 mo expires. Just keeps getting better. Didn't get the additional 10% being unaware. Still hoping for the Roku3 but will not be crushed if I get the 2 which is the advertised hardware

rated:
Like anything else, I'll being keeping an eye on it in January to make sure the discount is applied.
I couldn't get the extra 10% myself, as my AMEX is from a credit union and many of the offers aren't available to me (didn't know about it).

rated:
addylor said:   Like anything else, I'll being keeping an eye on it in January to make sure the discount is applied. (snip)
  Oh without a doubt. Always have to stay on top of these things as sh1t happens. For that reason captured a screen shot while also snapping a pic of the confirmation. Overkill, maybe but......

rated:
Don't be surprised if you receive a Roku Premiere.

Elaborate later.

rated:
addylor said:   Don't be surprised if you receive a Roku Premiere.

Elaborate later.

That would be a deal, though I can't believe Roku was so skimpy as to only include an IR remote. 

rated:
There was a deal that offered a free Roku2 for prepaying FEELN for two years ($65 or $69). Someone I know just received the Premiere instead of the 2. It was shipped from the same location as this Sling deal. Now I had also did that deal and I am still waiting on it to arrive. I'll let you know what I receive. So it's possible they're out of 3s and anyone now will get the premiere when doing the Sling Roku2 deal.

rated:
So I just received the Premiere from the FEELN deal. So some of you might also receive one on this Sling deal.

*No RF remote and no Ethernet, but newer version with 4K.....not sure if I'd rather have the 3 though.

*Both deals came from same location and ship USPS 2-day Priority Mail.

rated:
Cool. Is there a link to this FEELN deal?

rated:
Clocks said:   Cool. Is there a link to this FEELN deal?
  Not any more. I think it ended on the 1st.

You could try this....... Link 

When I did it on 9/30/16......it was the same summer deal promo, but it went through for me. 
The terms state:  7/1/16 - 9/31/16

rated:
I'm considering trading in the Premiere for the 3.

rated:
  http://www.feeln.com/prices-membership 

rated:
addylor said:   I'm considering trading in the Premiere for the 3.
  If you do, let us know how it goes.

rated:
retrac said:   
addylor said:   RETRAC,

Will do

Received Premiere today instead of the Roku2 or Roku3 for the 3 month $60 deal. Wondering if I'd be happier with the 3? Ordered the 12th received the 15th. All in all, I'm not complaining.

rated:
I just received the Roku Premiere today too instead of the Roku 2.

rated:
Having received the 3 instead of 2 on the Sling deal, I'm still on the fence about the Premiere.
We gained the 4K and quad processor, but we lost the voice/RF remote, Ethernet, USB, and SD slot. Mine is still sealed until I decide.

rated:
Not seeing the deal any longer. 

rated:
I think you guys wanting to trade the Premiere for Roku 3 are nuts. The Roku3 cpu is really old and slow at this point.

rated:
I wonder what you would receive if ordering the Roku 3 at 50% off on Sling?

rated:
Clocks said:   I think you guys wanting to trade the Premiere for Roku 3 are nuts. The Roku3 cpu is really old and slow at this point.
  I actually find the 3 runs great.

rated:
  You are welcome!

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2016