posted 47 years ago by
anticlawson
I am usually on vacation.

Posted with ToGo

Mi Box Android TV + 2-mo. Sling Voucher + $5 Vudu Credit + 3 Digital Movies
$69
https://www.walmart.com/ip/Mi-Box-Android-TV/54827138

Walmart has the Mi Box Android TV + 2-mo. Sling Voucher + $5 Vudu Credit + 3 Digital Movies on sale for $69.00 with free shipping.
  • Streaming Device and Gaming Box
  • Google Android TV Operating System
  • Includes Bluetooth Voice Remote

5/5 stars based on 3 customer reviews. 

Views
22 Comments
Add Comment
Anybody know if this supports Google cast (chromecast) functionality? That would place this as a better buy than the new $65 4K chromecast.

Much better than Roku and Amazon Fire stick.

ssvv said:   Anybody know if this supports Google cast (chromecast) functionality? That would place this as a better buy than the new $65 4K chromecast.

I do. it's listed in the description of the product page. 
rockymast said:   Much better than Roku and Amazon Fire stick.

I really like that is has volume control on the remote. After turning on the tv, the volume is the only reason we pick the tv remote.

Can this stream Playstation Vue??

It does Miracast or WLAN display so if the Vue is compatible, I don't see why not.

ssvv said:   Anybody know if this supports Google cast (chromecast) functionality? That would place this as a better buy than the new $65 4K chromecast.
  Yes it does, all Android TV's have Chromecast functionality built in. 

I tried turning on miracast but it couldn't detect the device. cast to screen works for compatible apps.

does the voice command work with Kodi?

That's what I'm going to try to find out - I have a Roku 3 that works great with Playstation Vue. Looks like right now the only way to do it is to download the Google Play Vue app, and people are reporting that it's low resolution... but I hope to find out tonight after I pick it up.

Jes1 said:   Can this stream Playstation Vue??
  Sorry... I was trying to reply to you in my previous post. I'll find out when I pick it up today.

Jes1 said:   Can this stream Playstation Vue??
  not yet, the app from sony is for mobile phones and not for android TV's. discover has 5% cash back on waly worlds purchases.

You have to drill down pretty far to see the three free movies. They're pretty compelling: The three FREE titles included in this promotion are “Taken" (theatrical version), “Cast Away” and "Horton Hears A Who”.

You get what you pay for with those cheap Android boxes, myself recently bought a cheap refurb laptop from Dell to use as a HTPC and in my opinion its much more useful for KODI, ect.

HDCowboy said:   You get what you pay for with those cheap Android boxes, myself recently bought a cheap refurb laptop from Dell to use as a HTPC and in my opinion its much more useful for KODI, ect.
Yeah, the argument of small form factor and ease of use vs. larger size and more power is always present. To each his own.

Yeah I reckon, I've used Android Tablets, them USB PC sticks, fire sticks, a Surface tablet, and always wind up going back to a small cheap laptop, doesnt take upvery much room in my entertainment center with a big 55" TV and more easiliy upgradeable than any of the other devices mentioned, though you cant do too much upgrading on a laptop to begin with other than maybe a hard drive and memory.

Surprised that people in America will think this is a higher quality TV Box, since it's a pure Chinese design and Chinese made. I saw lots of inappropriate languages in here towards "Made in China" products.

Here is the website from the Chinese company, it has much more detailed info about this TV box.  http://www.mi.com/en/mibox/

brian1030 said:   Surprised that people in America will think this is a higher quality TV Box, since it's a pure Chinese design and Chinese made. I saw lots of inappropriate languages in here towards "Made in China" products.

Here is the website from the Chinese company, it has much more detailed info about this TV box.  http://www.mi.com/en/mibox/

Say what??? Everything is made in China!

"Designed in Cupertino, CA.  Made In China"

I regularly see comments in Fatwallet saying  "Made in China products are craps". But they never realize that, for the same price, it's not even enough to pay the workers in America/Canada/Europe, and other lower costs countries can not even make a similar quality product.

And so many electronics in the market today are just simply rebranded Chinese products, American companies provide ideas to the Chinese manufacturing and design company, then they just sit in their office counting the cash (well, of course they need to take care of the marketing and selling).

lilstabber said:   
brian1030 said:   Surprised that people in America will think this is a higher quality TV Box, since it's a pure Chinese design and Chinese made. I saw lots of inappropriate languages in here towards "Made in China" products.

Say what??? Everything is made in China!

"Designed in Cupertino, CA.  Made In China"

~I regularly see comments in Fatwallet saying  "Made in China products are craps". But they never realize that, for the same price, it's not even enough to pay the workers in America/Canada/Europe, and other lower costs countries can not even make a similar quality product.And so many electronics in the market today are just simply rebranded Chinese products, American companies provide ideas to the Chinese manufacturing and design company, then they just sit in their office counting the cash (well, of course they need to take care of the marketing and selling).

HDCowboy said:   You get what you pay for with those cheap Android boxes, myself recently bought a cheap refurb laptop from Dell to use as a HTPC and in my opinion its much more useful for KODI, ect.

I only paid $26 for my box, a  Beelink X2, shipped from LA. About the same as this one, can use a micro sd to get more storage,but my remote actually has some buttons, including a mouse button.. This one has no stop button on it. Always find your box on Youtube first to see what it does.

handyguy said:   

I only paid $26 for my box, a  Beelink X2, shipped from LA. About the same as this one, can use a micro sd to get more storage,but my remote actually has some buttons, including a mouse button.. This one has no stop button on it. Always find your box on Youtube first to see what it does.

The remote of this communicates via Bluetooth and has voice search. It has android TV OS and not a  android phone OS. To start with try playing youtube video in HD.
Not saying this box is better than Beelink X2. Everyone has there own budget and likes. for instance I prefer  LIVA 32GB

Great box. I have used all the cheap Android boxes and Fire Sticks and I have to say I like the interface of this more than all of them. The YouTube app is probably the best and you can do voice search in YouTube which is very helpful.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2017