posted 48 years ago by
ragingwookiee
Senior Member - 7K

Posted with ToGo

Views
7 Comments
Add Comment
Hot deal

Very hot deal.  I've had my Samsung 65" curved UHD TV since BF 2014.  It was $1,799 then, and that was a heck of a deal at the time.

No HDR though, correct? 

It comes with HDR. Here's the product description - "Enjoy 4K Ultra HD resolution and High Dynamic Range (HDR) content that delivers greater depth and clarity with Auto Depth Enhancer and a fuller spectrum of color with Pure Color. Access your favorite content quicker and easier with the new Samsung Smart TV platform powered by a Quad-Core Processor."

simplyforjunk said:   It comes with HDR. Here's the product description - "Enjoy 4K Ultra HD resolution and High Dynamic Range (HDR) content that delivers greater depth and clarity with Auto Depth Enhancer and a fuller spectrum of color with Pure Color. Access your favorite content quicker and easier with the new Samsung Smart TV platform powered by a Quad-Core Processor."
  oh crap, I missed that....thanks simply.  wow, this is a good deal...but I think I'll hold out until BF...looking for a 70" but man this is tempting.

might catch fire!(Samsung), very hot deal.

simplyforjunk said:   It comes with HDR. Here's the product description - "Enjoy 4K Ultra HD resolution and High Dynamic Range (HDR) content that delivers greater depth and clarity with Auto Depth Enhancer and a fuller spectrum of color with Pure Color. Access your favorite content quicker and easier with the new Samsung Smart TV platform powered by a Quad-Core Processor."
  Full disclosure...I ordered this TV...it seemed like the best deal considering $1300 is about the best price out there, without a $400 gift card.

Regarding HDR (and I am no techie) is seems this does have it but it is not as robust as their higher-end machines and even some of the competitors in this same price range.  One review specifically took Samsung to task for this, saying basically yeah it has HDR but for not much more why didn't they go with a better HDR?

In brief, from what I have read of reviews
Pro
-Has HDR
-Has Up-scaling
-Picture is good

Con
-Could have had better HDR
-Up-scaling not as good as some competitors
-Picture not as good as OLED or SUHD (Samsung's version of OLED)
-3 HDMI ports is pretty puny (which is why I ordered a 4 HDMI switch)

...but to fix all these con's you are probably going to spend 2-3X what this one costs.

I'm happy with the deal. I have a 6 year old 55 inch (that I paid $1500 for) and I am sure this is going to blow it away....If you have any doubts, you can go to Costco and showroom (think they have a club version of this TV on display). 

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2017