Newegg is offering the MSI 15.6" Laptop w/ Intel Core i7 2.60 GHz, GTX 960M, 8GB RAM, 1TB HDD & Windows 10 on sale for $799.00 with free shipping

• Intel Core i7 6700HQ (2.60 GHz)
  • GeForce GTX 960M 2 GB
  • 8GB RAM
  • 1TB HDD
  • 15.6" Full HD 1920x1080 Resolution Display
  • 5.29 lbs.

The next lowest price from a merchant on Google Shopping is $869.95.

Views
2 Comments
Add Comment
This is a decent deal, but as someone else mentioned on another post recently, the 960M is not a very powerful GPU any more. I'd rather have a new i5 and a 970M, than an i7 and a 960M.

The real deal-killer for me, especially in a gaming laptop--no backlit keyboard!!!

frett said:   This is a decent deal, but as someone else mentioned on another post recently, the 960M is not a very powerful GPU any more. I'd rather have a new i5 and a 970M, than an i7 and a 960M.

The real deal-killer for me, especially in a gaming laptop--no backlit keyboard!!!

It never was, really. I've always felt that it was a little deceptive to give the mobile cards the same moniker as the desktop versions (with an appended "M") when they provide nowhere near the same performance. If you don't care about gaming, this is a decent laptop. The problem is that NVidia labels anything at x50 and above a "gaming" card but, while the 960M is better than most on-board GPUs, it isn't going to be able to handle anything beyond WoW.. and even then you'd likely need to make sacrifices in graphics quality.

The mobile 1060, however, only benchmarks a couple percent behind the desktop version and is a legitimate gaming card. If you're looking for budget mobile gaming, I'd wait for the 1060 laptop deals.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2017