posted 48 years ago by
CaedynsPapu

Was in my NorCal area HD and saw that many of the kitchen sinks are on clearance, starting at $49.  The one I wanted, a composite one from Pegasus was $135 down from $270.  There were at least a dozen others at 50% in varying price points (from $49 to $200), styles and materials (stainless, composite, cast iron).  The first store I stopped at didn't have any more of the particular one I wanted, but an employee checked stock at nearby stores and a couple others did (varying in price from $135-225) so I went to the store that had them at $135 and picked one up.  That store did also have a bunch at 50% off so if you're in the market for a sink, might be worth a look.  I did have an employee at the first store tell me that area was getting overhauled in the next couple weeks.

The one I got on the website - showing $255

http://www.homedepot.com/p/Glacier-Bay-Dual-Mount-Granite-33-in-... 

Sorry, I only took the pic of the one I was after - so I could text it to my SO for approval.

Views
5 Comments
Add Comment
I believe Glacier Bay is a private HD label, and I believe Pegasus may be as well. Not really a big deal, just in case people cared about that stuff. They probably use the same factories as the bigger name brands.

Nice prices if you're in the market. I'd imagine the stars have to really align for this one though, unless you are waiting around for sales on every kitchen fixture you need for a future project.

MrSamsung said:   I believe Glacier Bay is a private HD label, and I believe Pegasus may be as well. Not really a big deal, just in case people cared about that stuff. They probably use the same factories as the bigger name brands.

Nice prices if you're in the market. I'd imagine the stars have to really align for this one though, unless you are waiting around for sales on every kitchen fixture you need for a future project.

There were also Kohler and a couple other names I don't recall offhand that were on clearance as well.  We're replacing a cast-iron unit that has seen better days and our next project will be to replace the countertops.  I chose a dual mount so we could go undermount with the new countertop and still retain this sink.  At $135, if we find something we like better later it's not a huge deal to me.

Which nor cal location where you look at, I have someone in Alameda area looking for kicthen stuff right now...

Dilbertic said:   Which nor cal location where you look at, I have someone in Alameda area looking for kicthen stuff right now...
  Sacramento/Elk Grove/Lodi/Stockton

This should be a nationwide markdown. The stores in Texas have sinks at 50% off. Actually they have been 50% off for three weeks so most selection is slim. But if you are you looking for an under mount or a white, black granite color sink. You will have more luck.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2017