• filter:
  • Page :
  • Text Only
  • Search this Topic »
Voting History

Starting today, Southwest Airlines will begin selling $59 one-way tickets for daily flights from Tampa International Airport to Havana's José Mart�_ International Airport.

The initial flight takes off Dec. 12. It will be the first commercial flight in more than five decades between the two cities.

"It is exciting to connect people to the things in their lives that are important to them, and this is important to Tampa," said Adam Decaire, managing director of network planning for Southwest Airlines.

Initially, one 75-minute direct flight will depart from Tampa each day at 6:15 a.m. Flights back to Tampa will depart at either 6:05 p.m. or 11:15 p.m.

There also will be one to two daily connecting flights to Havana from Tampa through Fort Lauderdale-Hollywood International Airport.

Beginning Nov. 13, there will be one to two daily connecting flights from Tampa through Fort Lauderdale to Juan Gualberto Gómez Airport in Varadero, Cuba's most popular beach resort city.

The $59 price is good through November 20 and the trip must be made before April 24, 2017.

Member Summary
Staff Summary
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

Seems risky to me ...

jschuman said:   Seems risky to me ...

Yes, smuggling cigars can be risky.

I have been waiting for this opportunity, will take my wife her her Ganglion Cyst on her wrist taking care of, I have a broken crown needs an implant.

For anyone interested, the flights are $59 from Tampa to Havana direct, and $91 return (I think the extra cost for return has to do with Cuban taxes and customs fees). It comes out to about $149.16 if I remember right, and that price is currently valid for any departure and return dates between December 12th and April 24th, which is as far into the future as the Southwest price calendar goes. Currently every single day during that range is available at the same prices.

there's a reason why Fidel went to Spain for his surgeries. The first one got botched in Cuba. There are far better places to get cheap care.

Travel to cuba is not officially open to all.

We have all minor stuff, we dont got what Fidel has

Oh. Were you being serious?

jsssm said:   Travel to cuba is not officially open to all.

PLENTY of "legitimate" workarounds - like doing something charitable.

We are going in May, on a self-guided "religious exchange".

Same price out of FLL

scrouds said:   Same price out of FLL

on Southwest or another carrier?

So run down, so much poverty, sadness and neglect, I think I'd have to fly out of FLL and avoid Tampa.

And the US government just dropped all restrictions on buying cigars in Cuba and bringing them back to the US.

Cuba is my all time favorite country to visit. Great people!!!

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply
    Click here for full-featured reply.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2016