• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/B00GWZ56U6?tag=

GUNS - Rifle / Pistol Bore Snake Gun Cleaning .22 .223, 5.56     $1.99 - $2.99  & FREE SHIPPING @ Amazon / Vendor

-Brushes and swabs bore in one quick pass
-Built-in bore brushes
-Multiple short brushes embedded in the floss pass easily through the shortest action or port
-Initial floss area (inside the barrel) removes loose grit and debris prior to the scrubbing action of the brush
-Main floss, with 160 times more floss than a patch, supercleans the bore
-Brass weighted drop-through cord slips easily down barrel; No assembly required
-Grasp and pull the cleaning cord through the barrel.
-One pull through does it all.
-Lightweight and compact
-No exposed metal to damage sensitive rifling or crown
Solvent compatible
Package Weight:0.4kg (0.882lb.)
Package Size:20cm x 15cm x 5cm (7.87in x 5.91in x 1.97in)
100% Brand New, ship from China, we ship by China Post Air Mail service, 9-15 days to arrive.
When you purchase product in my shop (nuoya001), we will send a Cycling Reflective Band for you as gift!
ASIN#: B00GWZ56U6

Member Summary

Cleaning
Thanks Virgil27
Disclaimer
Staff Summary
  • Also categorized in:
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

Hong Kong/China sellers only.

This seems to be a clone of the original BoreSnake made by Hoppe's, which I very much enjoy using.  I will risk a couple of bucks & order, but remain a little skeptical on quality.

For those who have never used a boresnake, they fit VERY snugly inside the barrel and therefore require a fairly strong pull to get them through. In other words, you probably want something well made otherwise it will likely snap inside the barrel. You can likely pull it out from the opposite end but food for thought. I'll stick with the quality of Hoppe's.

I think we really need an update on the title to show they are knockoff boresnakes.

tuphat said:   This seems to be a clone of the original BoreSnake made by Hoppe's, which I very much enjoy using.  I will risk a couple of bucks & order, but remain a little skeptical on quality.
And that's what all of these Chinese junk vendors want.  They make a bunch of low quality crap that costs them pennies, they price to make a buck or two profit per item, sell a few 100k and laugh all the way to the bank.

I have a few of these for various calibers - never broke one off in the barrel. I have Hoppe's bore snakes as well - I don't see a difference in quality to be honest. Damn China manufacturers!

Looks like they have been as low as $2 in the past 6 months. $2.50 for me now.

I can see as how these would help a good bit with a rifle's longer barrel, but are they that much help with a pistol? I was thinking of picking one up for a 9mm... but don't want to buy more junk from China I never end up using.

For a pistol it's really just the convenience factor of having something that will fit in your pocket, tackle box etc.

I use these, paid about this much. They work great. Is anyone claiming they have knowledge of them breaking or is that just talking down Chinese competition?

I have a knockoff bought on Amazon a year or so ago. Definitely inferior, started fraying right away. I will stick to the real ones.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2017