posted 1 month ago by
hpmax
Senior Member - 1K

Giant (and probably SnS) are running the typical 2x gas points on VISA Gift Cards. In case you weren't paying attention, they have done 3 things this year that have significantly decreased the value of this deal so you'll have to decide for yourself of its still worth it.

1) Max savings are 1.50/gallon, instead of the previous 2.20/gallon.

2) Max gas purchase per transaction went from 35 gallons to 20. (This effectively halves the value of the points).

3) Last I checked you can no longer buy the VISA gift cards with a credit card, so you're on the hook for $5.95 per 1000 points ($20 in gas savings) and can't mitigate this (or make money) using credit Card Cash back.

6 Comments
Add Comment
Moderator Comment: This thread is mirrored to these forums: GROCERY & DRUGSTORE, HOT DEALS. — Dec. 6, 2016 @ 12:15pm
rated:
I think you can buy with CC now.  Source: I saw that printed in the weekly circular.

rated:
Silverthunder said:   I think you can buy with CC now.  Source: I saw that printed in the weekly circular.
Looks like it.

rated:
Apparently I need to read better, that's great news, I wonder if that means they are accepting EMV payments. I'll have to go in and check out if that works.

rated:
Are these Visa Gift Cards accepted as payment for Money Order purchase at WalMart

rated:
brusbrother said:   Are these Visa Gift Cards accepted as payment for Money Order purchase at WalMart
YMMV  

rated:
hpmax said:   Apparently I need to read better, that's great news, I wonder if that means they are accepting EMV payments. I'll have to go in and check out if that works.
  Giant in Central PA does EMV now. That's probably why they're accepting CCs again.

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2016