posted 1 month ago by
RobL
Senior Member - 1K

This is somewhat YMMV because it depends on your current plan. You don't need to activate a new line. Log into your account and you should see  offer "Get 2 GB of free bonus data. For each qualifying smartphone. Every month. For Life." Data carries over and is used prior to your regular data.

• Carryover Data: Your data is yours to keep. Carryover Data automatically rolls over your unused gigs to the end of the following month.
  • Safety Mode: Stay connected at a reduced speed until you buy more 4G LTE data or until your next billing cycle.
  • Mexico & Canada Service: $5 per month - Enjoy unlimited calling from the U.S. to Mexico and Canada at no additional cost. $2 per day - Take your domestic Talk, Text and Data allowances with you to Mexico and Canada.

If you have a lot of phones in your account, the new plan with more data may also be much cheaper than your old plan. I saved $50!

24 Comments
Add Comment
rated:
This seems like a huge YMMV. I just switched to the XL plan (16 GB for $90 before discounts). We have 2 phones on the plan, one still has monthly payments. I was told that the extra 2GB bonus is only for NEW phone activations on the monthly payment plan. When I did the switch online, I was given 16GB, no bonus 2GB for either of our phones. So in our case, existing phones were not considered "qualifying smartphones".

EDIT... if anyone else has success, please post! I will call Verizon and fight the good fight

rated:
SunDiego123 said:   This seems like a huge YMMV. I just switched to the XL plan (16 GB for $90 before discounts). We have 2 phones on the plan, one still has monthly payments. I was told that the extra 2GB bonus is only for NEW phone activations on the monthly payment plan. When I did the switch online, I was given 16GB, no bonus 2GB for either of our phones. So in our case, existing phones were not considered "qualifying smartphones".

EDIT... if anyone else has success, please post! I will call Verizon and fight the good fight

I just did this deal an hour ago. Did not have to upgrade anything.

rated:
The carry over date makes this a great deal. And the price difference between this plan and my current plan is only $5 more (plus those wretched taxes and surcharges of course)

rated:
Awesome. Worked for me for two lines. Thank you!!

rated:
Where are you seeing the notification for this offer? I've got nothing showing up. I looked at the promotional data help page and I could see the plans that offer the additional 2gb, but it was a no go. Chatted with a Verizon rep and they said it was only for new or upgrades.

rated:
zigfactor said:   Where are you seeing the notification for this offer? I've got nothing showing up. I looked at the promotional data help page and I could see the plans that offer the additional 2gb, but it was a no go. Chatted with a Verizon rep and they said it was only for new or upgrades.
  Try logging out of your account then log back in. On the homepage go to "Notifications" and you should see the offer there. Do not go through a live rep as there was a previous promotion that required a new line activation and I think they are confused.

rated:
Thank you so much RobL! I tried to see the offer, even switched browsers. No luck. So I did the online chat. Agent told me it was a promo (I'm not sure if it expired or what the deal was) but... I GOT THE DEAL! An extra 4GB (2 phones x 2GB). We blow through data and this is an awesome deal for us.

rated:
Total YMMV....this has been on SD for over a week now and some people get it others dont.

rated:
Talking to Verizon customer service now to confirm. He said there is a lot of confusion with this. 2GB bonus is only for accounts who are upgrading phones. So no go for me. But he did offer some bonus GBs for 24 months if I went ahead and switched to the new plan so still a good deal.

rated:
Upgraded to L (2 lines). Paid $40 for 4GB (after company's discount). Now I pay $56 for 12 GB (two lines). No brainer.

rated:
SunDiego123 said:   This seems like a huge YMMV. I just switched to the XL plan (16 GB for $90 before discounts). We have 2 phones on the plan, one still has monthly payments. I was told that the extra 2GB bonus is only for NEW phone activations on the monthly payment plan. When I did the switch online, I was given 16GB, no bonus 2GB for either of our phones. So in our case, existing phones were not considered "qualifying smartphones".

Wow my Moto E was considered a qualifying smartphone. Go Figure!

rated:
SunDiego123 said:   Thank you so much RobL! I tried to see the offer, even switched browsers. No luck. So I did the online chat. Agent told me it was a promo (I'm not sure if it expired or what the deal was) but... I GOT THE DEAL! An extra 4GB (2 phones x 2GB). We blow through data and this is an awesome deal for us.
  Did anything on the confirmation page/email say you got the deal, or did you simly see in your account when all done?   My billing cycle ends in a couple days so i set this up to start on the next billing cycle, so no idea if I got the deal or not at this point

rated:
freakinout said:   
SunDiego123 said:   Thank you so much RobL! I tried to see the offer, even switched browsers. No luck. So I did the online chat. Agent told me it was a promo (I'm not sure if it expired or what the deal was) but... I GOT THE DEAL! An extra 4GB (2 phones x 2GB). We blow through data and this is an awesome deal for us.
  Did anything on the confirmation page/email say you got the deal, or did you simly see in your account when all done?   My billing cycle ends in a couple days so i set this up to start on the next billing cycle, so no idea if I got the deal or not at this point

In this case, you may need to chat with them about that.  I did the same thing, and the deal didn't show. I chatted with the customer service about the situation, and  they moved the bonus to the current billing cycle and am now 4GB richer.

rated:
I called to switch to this plan 2 weeks ago. The rep told me that the 2GB bonus data was only for new smartphone activations and I wouldn't get it on any of my existing lines (5 phones, 2 on device payment, 3 owned outright). I told him thanks but no thanks and hung up.
I called again yesterday after reading this thread. The CSR told me that her supervisor has to approve all bonus data when changing plans and put my on hold to talk to him. She came back and told me that since all 5 of the phones on my account were smart phones, I qualified for 10GB of bonus data and I made the switch. I now have 22GB of data for $80/mo. (12GB plan).
It seems that even the Verizon reps are not sure how this works, so if you call in, just have them verify the bonus data with a supervisor and you should be good. She also verified that my bonus data promo didn't expire for 20 years. (FYI, my phones are iPhone 7, 6S, 6+ and SE and a Galaxy S4)

rated:
I already have the XXL plan with three phones and I get the offer on each individual phone.  It says nothing about increasing my fees or anything and I didn't (yet) click to accept.
Not sure what will happen if/when I do.

rated:
RobL, you pay a total $56 a month?  My wife is on the VZW prepaid plan (switch to monthly?) and I am leaning towards transferring to VZW monthly and want to apply my employer/company discount.  

rated:
Thanks OP. Switched plans online and didn't get the bonus for my existing 4 lines. Called in and the rep was able to add 8GB of bonus data without much hassle.

rated:
Got an email just today with the offer. Actually, just upgraded to a Large plan a few days ago. "Chatted" with a (very friendly!) rep. Stated it was for phone upgrades but would "exhaust all my resources to get the bonus data for you". A few minutes later - 4gb extra. Thanks OP. Probably would have glossed right over the Verizon email when it came.

rated:
Just did this 30 minutes ago for my 2-line plan (it's 2GB bonus data per smartphone on your plan!). NOTE: A new line activation is not required, but if you're switching from an older plan, the access fee goes from $15 to $20 per phone (assuming you're monthly). Here's what's on my two receipts in case it helps someone else.

Receipt #1 (for each line)
Old Price Plan: 91701 MORE EVERYTHING UNL TALK & TEXT 10GB $80
New Price Plan: 97105 THE NEW VERIZON PLAN 12GB $80

Receipt #2 (for each line)
Feature Change
Line access $20.00
Decline Equipment Protection $0.00
LOYALTY 2GB BONUS DATA/MO
Line Promotions Keep - 20% ACCESS DISCOUNT- ACCT LEVEL
Bonus - 2 GB/mo for life

After employer discounts and taxes/fees, it ended up being an extra $10 per month to go from the old 10GB plan to the new 16GB (12GB + 2GB + 2GB) LARGE+ plan, and now I get the carryover data and free Canada/Mexico access. I don't even really need the extra data, but I'm a sucker for a good deal.

rated:
MaoriHaka said:   RobL, you pay a total $56 a month?  My wife is on the VZW prepaid plan (switch to monthly?) and I am leaning towards transferring to VZW monthly and want to apply my employer/company discount.  
 No I saved $50 a month with the new L plan including my corporate discount. I pay $150/month for 4 lines.

rated:
mysteryAgain;said:Upgraded to L (2 lines). Paid $40 for 4GB (after company's discount). Now I pay $56 for 12 GB (two lines). No brainer.

​I did the same!  Thanks RobL

rated:
i was online chat and the rep wasn't clear about anything, actually "confirmed" that 3 lines on my account were eligible for the free 2 g/month...unfortunately, the numbers he confirmed weren't even on my account. I called and the rep gave me the "only for new activations/upgrades" until i pressed based on the misinformation online and length of service. When i did the plan change online (old 18 g xxl plan $100 to new 24 g xxl 110) it maintained the single preexisting 2g bonus for a line that got it during nov 15 upgrades and he manually went in and added 2 g on each of the other 4 lines. The change did actually reduce one of my lines of service to $20/month from $40 so my net savings (with corp discount) was about 10/month.
now we get 5 lines unlim talk/text with 24 gigs and 2 bonus per line for 230/month before discounts and phone fees/insurance etc.
it did require some pressure and veiled threats to leave since 4 of the lines are out of contract and we've been customers for 10+yrs.

rated:
I'm thinking about switching but need to know how my bill will appear and what my employer's discount applies to, can someone tell me how their companies VZW discount is applied, is it only to the data or the lines or both or...? Also, are there separate charges for each line access and a separate charge for one data plan that show on the bill?

rated:
Your employee discount applies to the plan only.
Yes there is 1 plan charge and 4 access charges if you have 4 phones for example. (Plus any Edge payments)

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2016