• filter:
  • Page :
  • Text Only
  • Search this Topic »
Voting History
rated:
Found this through a travel blog. Seems to be a nice way to get some extra points! This may replace the previous small business bonuses from previous years.

https://www.americanexpress.com/us/content/shop-small-offer/

Fine print:Only the primary Card Member on the account can enroll. You will not earn 2X rewards on any bonus you already enjoy with your Card, such as when you spend on certain types of purchases or at certain merchants. Rewards Caps apply. Prepaid and Corporate Cards, American Express Cards issued by other financial institutions, The Plum Card®, Clear from American Express®, Blue Cash InStore, Blue Cash Rebate Card, Blue for Students®, American Express® Platinum Cash Rebate Card, Optima, and One from American Express are not eligible.

Moderator Comment: This thread is mirrored to these forums: FINANCE, HOT DEALS. — Dec. 6, 2016 @ 10:14am
Member Summary

amex (7.59kB)
Thanks BMWLVR82
Disclaimer
Staff Summary
Categorized in
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

rated:
2/2 - Hilton and Biz Simply Cash. Tnx, OP!

Amex says: Use your enrolled Card from now through December 31, 2016 to earn 2X [base] rewards by [making transactions] at qualifying small businesses on the Shop Small Map, available at shopsmallnow.com.  

rated:
BFD

rated:
Screw points, I want cold hard cash.

rated:
russ0519 said:   Screw points, I want cold hard cash.
  It is cash on my card:  Amex Preferred Blue Cash..

rated:
Use your enrolled Card from now through December 31, 2016 to earn 2X rewards by earning an additional 1% back per dollar spent at qualifying small businesses on the Shop Small Map, available at shopsmallnow.com. This offer is available on up to $250,000 in purchases. See terms and conditions

rated:
This year's SBS is such a disappointment!

rated:
eljamesyu said:   This year's SBS is such a disappointment!
  Maybe for some.  I live in a small town about 10 miles for a 100k town.  There's over 100 hits for my area on the AE maps for small business. I'll be trying to maximize my gas/restaurant choices via this info.

rated:
most cards look eligible, in that you can click on "show all eligible cards" at the bottom and many more choices show up.

so for hilton cards, for example, you get 3 more points, for SPG you get one more point, for MR you get one more point...since (for example) many people value spg at closer to 2 cents each, you'd now be getting closer to 5% return with this bonus.

rated:
Doesn't come close to matching the SBS deals from 2014 and earlier.

Possibly an OK deal for AmEx Hilton cards.  Looks like an also-ran deal for AmEx Blue Cash cards or any others targeting specific merchants (see the disclaimer in the OP re. "certain types of purchases or at certain merchants" - meaning, you don't get 2X the 3% or the 6%, only 2X the basic 1%)  You can get 2% back with many cards.

rated:
Logan71 said:   
eljamesyu said:   This year's SBS is such a disappointment!
  Maybe for some.  I live in a small town about 10 miles for a 100k town.  There's over 100 hits for my area on the AE maps for small business. I'll be trying to maximize my gas/restaurant choices via this info.

I mean, 2x rewards has nothing to be excited about, as there are some 2x cards with no restriction at all (like Citi's double cash).  I think many people in this site are hoping for something like 2013 or 2014 SBS deals

rated:
Purchases with political campaigns or political action committees as well as purchases at gas or service stations do not qualify, regardless of whether they appear on the Shop Small Map. The following do NOT count as purchases and will not qualify for this offer: fees or interest charges, balance transfers, cash advances, purchases of traveler's checks, purchases or reloading of prepaid cards, or purchases of any cash equivalents. A purchase may not qualify for this offer if it is not made directly with the merchant, if made through a third party payment account or using a mobile or wireless card reader or if you use a mobile or digital wallet.

rated:
Shows my card as eligible, but then tells me it's not when trying to enroll it.

rated:
... weird. my blue cash is not eligible...  It's right on the page!?

rated:
My blue cash card isn't eligible either. Why? And this is lousy anyway. Every year they pull back more.

rated:
Apparently the older blue cash cards aren't eligible.

rated:
elizard said:   My blue cash card isn't eligible either. Why? And this is lousy anyway. Every year they pull back more.

In 2015, there was nothing offered, so this is actually an improvement.  I had a great time with SBS in 2014, multiple cards, multiple small businesses, lots of gift cards. 

rated:
NEDeals said:   
elizard said:   My blue cash card isn't eligible either. Why? And this is lousy anyway. Every year they pull back more.

In 2015, there was nothing offered, so this is actually an improvement.  I had a great time with SBS in 2014, multiple cards, multiple small businesses, lots of gift cards. 

In 2015, it was a targeted $10/$10. SSB2015

rated:
mikejensen said:   
NEDeals said:   

In 2015, it was a targeted $10/$10. SSB2015

I sure didn't receive that. In 2014, I did very well. 

Instead in 2015 I saw, "This year we are not offering a statement credit offer for Card Members on Small Business Saturday, but are instead increasing the support and resources we provide to help small business owners market the day within their communities and truly make it their own."

Flashback FWF: https://www.fatwallet.com/forums/deal-discussion/1461934

Did anyone else here receive a $10 Amex Small Business Saturday offer last year? 

rated:
NEDeals said:   

2014 was a good year. I stocked up on craft beers from a local supermarket that has an exceptional selection.

I don't think I used my cards at all in 2015 and don't expect to this year. Just not worth the effort for an extra 1% for the one card that I can enroll, especially since my favorite supermarket isn't on the list any more.

rated:
No more free money this year???

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2016