Moderator Comment: This thread is mirrored to these forums: MOBILE, LAPTOPS, AND COMPUTERS, HOT DEALS. — Dec. 7, 2016 @ 6:13pm
rated:
For basic rental property management, there are free online services like rentalincomeexpense.com.

rated:
youngcrv said:   For basic rental property management, there are free online services like rentalincomeexpense.com.
  Real Estate investor 20+ years. No way would I entrust my information to solely a cloud based service. Too much risk.
If they cease operation my data is lost. Or if they are hacked, I'm exposed. Quicken is not exactly the most robust rental program available.
I don't use it for mission critical items, but at least it resides on my own PC.

rated:
Noblige said:   
youngcrv said:   For basic rental property management, there are free online services like rentalincomeexpense.com.
  Real Estate investor 20+ years. No way would I entrust my information to solely a cloud based service. Too much risk.
If they cease operation my data is lost. Or if they are hacked, I'm exposed. Quicken is not exactly the most robust rental program available.
I don't use it for mission critical items, but at least it resides on my own PC.

Quicken lost me as customer with forced upgrade every 3 yrs and cloud based (can't opt out).  Worse is that same company pulled the BS on TurboTax couple of years ago for "deluxe" version without Sch C.  They became greedy scums...

rated:
Last year I ordered the Quicken Home and it's too complicated. I ended up to use my created excel spreadsheet.

Anyway, if you plan to purchase any \Qicken, check your America Express offers.

rated:
BPH789 said:   
Noblige said:   

Quicken lost me as customer with forced upgrade every 3 yrs and cloud based (can't opt out).  Worse is that same company pulled the BS on TurboTax couple of years ago for "deluxe" version without Sch C.  They became greedy scums...

Don't quite understand.  Isn't it still download and install the program on your own machine?  So how is that cloud based?  And if you just don't give it the links to your bank account, and enter your data manually, you are not forced to upgrade.  At least that is the way it works for me, although I'm still using a 2010 version.  Is this system no longer possible with the newer versions?

Also, Intuit, the parent company of TurboTax, sold Quicken last year.  The products are now owned by separate companies.

The link above takes you to a page to "upgrade" to the H/B or RP version.  Seems like the price assumes you have an underlying basic version. Can anyone confirm?

rated:
>> The link above takes you to a page to "upgrade" to the H/B or RP version. Seems like the price assumes you have an underlying basic version. Can anyone confirm?

You need an older version of same software. I had a 2014 version of H&B and I upgraded to 2017 H&B. Other combinations might work as well but I can't confirm that.

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2016