ctgolfer
Serene Member

Posted with ToGo

18 Comments
Add Comment
rated:
any limit?

rated:
And just what form does the $15 bonus code take? Is it another Lowe's e-gift card for $15? Do we get more than one bonus if we buy multiple cards?  The description says it's a $115 gift card selling for $100 so it's all a bit muddled as to what is being offered.

rated:
It's a separate $15 digital gift card

rated:
Paypal Terms: PayPal is not responsible for any loss or damage resulting from lost or stolen Digital Gifts or use without permission. PayPal makes no warranties, express or implied, with respect to the Digital Gifts and disclaims any warranty to the fullest extent available. No returns or refunds accepted.

Did they update this after the recent fiasco of some eGC being drained? Or they always had this.

rated:
FatWKing said:   Paypal Terms: PayPal is not responsible for any loss or damage resulting from lost or stolen Digital Gifts or use without permission. PayPal makes no warranties, express or implied, with respect to the Digital Gifts and disclaims any warranty to the fullest extent available. No returns or refunds accepted.

Did they update this after the recent fiasco of some eGC being drained? Or they always had this.

I think they always had it. For what its worth I just finished the previous gift card I bought from them awhile back($200 for $185). No issues at all, In for one of these. 

Thanks OP

rated:
FYI, I'm not sure if there is a limit but I bought four and received 8 emails, four with $100 GC codes and four $15 GC codes, so you can certainly buy them in one purchase.

rated:
Nice! Like getting a 13% discount.. I add this to my 10% military discount and new floors are cheap ! Thanks OP.

rated:
If you buy this i recommend going to a Lowes and seeing if they convert the digital gift card into a real one, that way no one can steal it.

rated:
Slick29832 said:   If you buy this i recommend going to a Lowes and seeing if they convert the digital gift card into a real one, that way no one can steal it.
  From what I know.  When you convert they will give you instore credit/gift card which you cannot use online - . And worse you can't check the balance online - you have to go to the store. Alteast that has been my experience

rated:
FatWKing said:   Paypal Terms: PayPal is not responsible for any loss or damage resulting from lost or stolen Digital Gifts or use without permission. PayPal makes no warranties, express or implied, with respect to the Digital Gifts and disclaims any warranty to the fullest extent available. No returns or refunds accepted.

Paypal declined to process my payment for this seller siting possible fraud.  I contacted them and the representative said it is definitely on their end and he had had many other buyers calling today with the same problem   He said he would authorize my payment to go thru but pointed out the same information as your quote.  No PayPal guarantee and no refund if it's bogus or drained.  So has anyone actually tried to use the code they got on this deal?  What's even more odd is that PayPal Digital Gifts is the seller.  So I don't follow the logic at all.

rated:
Noahbody123 said:   

Paypal declined to process my payment for this seller siting possible fraud.  I contacted them and the representative said it is definitely on their end and he had had many other buyers calling today with the same problem   He said he would authorize my payment to go thru but pointed out the same information as your quote.  No PayPal guarantee and no refund if it's bogus or drained.  So has anyone actually tried to use the code they got on this deal?

I checked on-line and my card had $100. Did not check the $15 code

rated:
Both my $100 and $15 codes were working, but I tried to buy 4 (need some stain for our new fence) and I only received 3 of the 4 codes...hopefully the fourth one won't be difficult to get.

rated:
clb4g9 said:   Both my $100 and $15 codes were working, but I tried to buy 4 (need some stain for our new fence) and I only received 3 of the 4 codes...hopefully the fourth one won't be difficult to get.
  I had an issue with mine not making through Comacast. I asked a question via eBay that I did not receive it. A couple of hours later they replied with the gift card numbers and pin. Take those numbers to any cashier and they will be able to use them (or use them on-line)

rated:
aacdable said:   
clb4g9 said:   Both my $100 and $15 codes were working, but I tried to buy 4 (need some stain for our new fence) and I only received 3 of the 4 codes...hopefully the fourth one won't be difficult to get.
  I had an issue with mine not making through Comacast. I asked a question via eBay that I did not receive it. A couple of hours later they replied with the gift card numbers and pin. Take those numbers to any cashier and they will be able to use them (or use them on-line)

Got my last code this morning...not sure why the last one took so long but it did finally make it here, and they all have the full balance left.

rated:
Bought one.Used it in the store with no problem. Going for two more.

rated:
Noahbody123 said:   

Paypal declined to process my payment for this seller siting possible fraud.  I contacted them and the representative said it is definitely on their end and he had had many other buyers calling today with the same problem   He said he would authorize my payment to go thru but pointed out the same information as your quote.  No PayPal guarantee and no refund if it's bogus or drained.  So has anyone actually tried to use the code they got on this deal?  What's even more odd is that PayPal Digital Gifts is the seller.  So I don't follow the logic at all.

This deal has made me realize how painful PayPal can be.  I ended up spending over an hour trying to order this going so far as to create new accounts to try to get past the generic checkout error they were giving me about Paypal being unable to process the payment.  I eventually called paypal and was told that I should contact the seller to see what other forms of payment they might be able to accept, as paypal is probably not the best form of payment for this order (!!!!).  

I then pointed out that paypal digital gifts WAS the seller and that it specifically required paypal.  He then repeated the same line about contacting the buyer to see if I could pay with some other form of payment.  After a few moments to bash myself in the head, he did suggest some anti-fraud warning may have prevented the payment from going through.  Having a 10+ year old account with 3 backing bank/credit card payments and having me (the account owner) call in was apparently not enough for them to override the error message and send the payment through.    

rated:
Wow, Paypal admitting that Paypal is a fraudulent seller?
Awesome.

https://www.fatwallet.com/forums/deal-discussion/1525220

rated:
taxmantoo said:   Wow, Paypal admitting that Paypal is a fraudulent seller?
Awesome.

https://www.fatwallet.com/forums/deal-discussion/1525220

Thank you that was very helpful !

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2016