rated:
Echo Dot sold out, which makes the deal dead.

EDIT: Just realized there are two colors to choose from for the Echo Dot: Black or White.  Black is sold out, but white is still available.  Deal still available with white.

rated:
Both colors of the Dot are going in and out of stock, but I'm not seeing that discount anymore in cart. I'm only seeing $25 off each of them, or $249 total. Anyone else seeing the same?

rated:
horspowr1001 said:   Both colors of the Dot are going in and out of stock, but I'm not seeing that discount anymore in cart. I'm only seeing $25 off each of them, or $249 total. Anyone else seeing the same?
  
same here. You think if you return the thermostat, you will get the Dot for $25?

rated:
MeIsCheap said:   
  
same here. You think if you return the thermostat, you will get the Dot for $25?

   Depends how the final order looks at checkout. Since they're individually discounting them, it's definitely possible.

rated:
I added a white and a black to cart with ecobee, both were showing the $25 discount!

Ecobee is NOT showing a discount however.

rated:
there may be utility credits on the thermostat.

100 in utah for this model

YSMV Your State May Vary,
Thus
YMMV

rated:
Why is a thermostat so expensive? Can't you just get one of those for 20-30$ and perform 99% the same?

rated:
cr3s said:   Why is a thermostat so expensive? Can't you just get one of those for 20-30$ and perform 99% the same?
  
Please take no offense, but if you are asking this question, then the answer would be get the cheap thermostat.

However if you really feel like understand the benefits of Smart Thermostats and why the Ecobee rises to the top of that list, google is your friend.  Here is something to get you started:
http://www.tomsguide.com/us/ecobee3-thermostat,review-2708.html


 

rated:
cr3s said:   Why is a thermostat so expensive? Can't you just get one of those for 20-30$ and perform 99% the same?
  Why are cars so expensive?  They can't get you anywhere that your own two feet can't get you eventually...

rated:
drupha said:   
cr3s said:   Why is a thermostat so expensive? Can't you just get one of those for 20-30$ and perform 99% the same?
  Why are cars so expensive?  They can't get you anywhere that your own two feet can't get you eventually...

  Oh man, that is a sad argument, cause I can get a horse with 4 feet and get me there faster for much less expense than a car and for a longer distance than my feet.

rated:
theedge103 said:   
drupha said:   
cr3s said:   Why is a thermostat so expensive? Can't you just get one of those for 20-30$ and perform 99% the same?
  Why are cars so expensive?  They can't get you anywhere that your own two feet can't get you eventually...

  Oh man, that is a sad argument, cause I can get a horse with 4 feet and get me there faster for much less expense than a car and for a longer distance than my feet.

  
Can you?  How much is a horse these days?  How much can you get an old car for?
 

rated:
theedge103 said:   
drupha said:   
cr3s said:   Why is a thermostat so expensive? Can't you just get one of those for 20-30$ and perform 99% the same?
  Why are cars so expensive?  They can't get you anywhere that your own two feet can't get you eventually...

  Oh man, that is a sad argument, cause I can get a horse with 4 feet and get me there faster for much less expense than a car and for a longer distance than my feet.

  maybe - but feeding and taking care of that horse is going to be a deal killer - although still cheaper than gas, oil and tires.

​the TRUE argument for the original comment is - why is a Tesla so expensive, can't you just get a Nissan Leaf for 1/4 the price and they perform 99% the same?
​and we all know the argument to this - a tesla will drive itself (kinda) and go way farther per charge than a leaf - but some just can't afford the pricier model!

rated:
This deal appears to be dead

rated:
looks dead. Drats

rated:
lemonhead said:   
theedge103 said:   
drupha said:   
cr3s said:   Why is a thermostat so expensive? Can't you just get one of those for 20-30$ and perform 99% the same?
  Why are cars so expensive?  They can't get you anywhere that your own two feet can't get you eventually...

  Oh man, that is a sad argument, cause I can get a horse with 4 feet and get me there faster for much less expense than a car and for a longer distance than my feet.

  maybe - but feeding and taking care of that horse is going to be a deal killer - although still cheaper than gas, oil and tires.

​the TRUE argument for the original comment is - why is a Tesla so expensive, can't you just get a Nissan Leaf for 1/4 the price and they perform 99% the same?
​and we all know the argument to this - a tesla will drive itself (kinda) and go way farther per charge than a leaf - but some just can't afford the pricier model!

  
Wait, then you need to buy extra life insurance if you are using the self driving aspect of the Tesla! Did you figure that cost in?  I can find a wild mare out in the plains and keep it there to eat grass so feeding can be less... though I would have to buy a Tesla and drive it there to then take the horse so this whole argument is moot!

rated:
theedge103 said:   
lemonhead said:   
theedge103 said:   
drupha said:   
cr3s said:   Why is a thermostat so expensive? Can't you just get one of those for 20-30$ and perform 99% the same?
  Why are cars so expensive?  They can't get you anywhere that your own two feet can't get you eventually...

  Oh man, that is a sad argument, cause I can get a horse with 4 feet and get me there faster for much less expense than a car and for a longer distance than my feet.

  maybe - but feeding and taking care of that horse is going to be a deal killer - although still cheaper than gas, oil and tires.

​the TRUE argument for the original comment is - why is a Tesla so expensive, can't you just get a Nissan Leaf for 1/4 the price and they perform 99% the same?
​and we all know the argument to this - a tesla will drive itself (kinda) and go way farther per charge than a leaf - but some just can't afford the pricier model!

  
Wait, then you need to buy extra life insurance if you are using the self driving aspect of the Tesla! Did you figure that cost in?  I can find a wild mare out in the plains and keep it there to eat grass so feeding can be less... though I would have to buy a Tesla and drive it there to then take the horse so this whole argument is moot!

  Wow this is so far off track, I can't even see the OP from here lol. Lets jump back on the horse or back in our self driving Tesla and get back to the topic. 

  • Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply
     
    Click here for full-featured reply.


Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2016