posted 1 month ago by
MISTERCHEAP
Happy Member

Vudu  now offers "Movies On Us", a selection of movies and other content, which is free to watch. There will be ads when viewing this content.

Vudu  Launches Free Movie, TV Service With Thousands of Titles [variety.com]  http://variety.com/2016/digital/news/vudu-walmart-free-movies-tv... 

Make sure to select a movie, tv show, etc. with the "Free With Ads" banner and then select the orange "Watch" button.

Look for the "Movies On Us" tab on the Vudu  [Vudu  .com] website or try one of these links.

Cut and past the following:
Code:
http://www.  Vudu  . com/movies/#uiPage/232

from bru20-sd

22 Comments
Add Comment
Moderator Comment: This thread is mirrored to these forums: MOVIES AND HOME THEATER, HOT DEALS. — Dec. 5, 2016 @ 11:53pm
rated:
Hey Mistercheap thanks for copying my thread word for word. At least give me credit.

rated:
bru20 said:   Hey Mistercheap thanks for copying my thread word for word. At least give me credit.
  thanks bru20.

rated:

rated:

rated:
Interesting, I found a few movies not on the other 2 (Netflix & Amazon )

rated:
These are dated. None that I like, but maybe some of you, would like them.

rated:
If anyone finds hidden gems in that mess, please post.Yeah, I know, they're free, but a lot of turds to sort through there.

rated:
I just cast HDX Step Into Liquid to my chromecast but my Nexus Player wouldn't work. Good flick if you are like big waves. Source material is a bit grainy but heck even commercials look good on a 4K tv. No more commercials then Directv and I'm over paying for that. 
Just tried the stock Vudu app that came with my Vizio Via Plus apps and it worked great with HDX. I almost gave up on those since I got the FTV2. 

rated:
yoregano said:   If anyone finds hidden gems in that mess, please post.Yeah, I know, they're free, but a lot of turds to sort through there.
  Actually, the selection looks generally good, and as Marvinomatic pointed out, at least a few aren't available on other major streaming sites.Looks like the better-known movies are at the top of each genre, with the B- and C-titles arranged the deeper you go.

rated:
TY OP and green 4 U. As usual.

rated:
Thanks OP!

What we could use is an app that will search all the movie services we subscribe to. I wonder if I can use some Google FOO to do that.

If that service already exists let me know.

rated:
This kida puts Crackle's SD video quality to bed.

rated:
Some oldies but goodies. I do not know what to watch first the Justin Bieber Movie, or Taylor Swift.

I will take free movies wherever I can get them. 

rated:
Two good ones I saw:

True Grit
Margin Call

rated:
bru20 said:   Hey Mistercheap thanks for copying my thread word for word. At least give me credit.
hope he didn't hurt your feelings!

If you wanted credit, why didn't you just post it here yourself? you had to know it would make its way here eventually

​Oh and Thanks MC for actually "manning up" and sharing this deal with us!

rated:
I see a couple good movies too, including "The Magnificent Seven" (the original), "Winter's Bone" (one of Jennifer Lawrence's first), "Stardust" (based on a book from one of my favorite authors, Neil Gaiman), "The Dead Zone" (gotta love early Stephen King with early Christopher Walken), "Assault on Precinct 13" (also the original John Carpenter film, which I've meaning to watch).

rated:
I hope it's not like Crackle. The same two commercials every 8-10 minutes no matter the scene timing.

Oh, if you are a Werner Herzog fan there are a lot of his more obscure films on this.

rated:
Good movie choices, Phantom of the Opera and School of Rock are there, and that was a quick skim...

rated:
don't miss the Sling freeview this weekend. Nothing special, no CC needed.

rated:
lemonhead said:   
hope he didn't hurt your feelings!

If you wanted credit, why didn't you just post it here yourself? you had to know it would make its way here eventually

​Oh and Thanks MC for actually "manning up" and sharing this deal with us!

This is internet fame, bruh. Don't apply logic to internet fame. I got the Vudu email last week. I should have dropped everything and posted this for the greenz.

rated:
Thanks! I can always use more free movies. I don't pay for tv.

rated:
anonguy said:   I hope it's not like Crackle. The same two commercials every 8-10 minutes no matter the scene timing.

Oh, if you are a Werner Herzog fan there are a lot of his more obscure films on this.

It's EXACTLY like that. We watched Phantom of the Opera and it was the same 3 commercials over and over again with no concern for  where the commercial was inserted.

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2016