• filter:
  • Page :
  • Text Only
  • Search this Topic »
Voting History
rated:
Found a great deal of Actiontec - MyWirelessTV2 Wireless Video Transmitter and Receiver - Black on best buy. This price is at least $50 cheaper than found anywhere. Amazon and Dell has it listed for $199. I was able to get price match on Dell.com with best buy. I had some Dell gift cards that i needed to use.  

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/actiontec-mywirelesstv2-wireless-vid...

This Actiontec MyWirelessTV2 MWTV2KIT01 transmitter and receiver let you wirelessly connect an HDMI-enabled media player and stream live high-definition content up to 100' away.

Moderator Comment: This thread is mirrored to these forums: MOVIES AND HOME THEATER, HOT DEALS. — Dec. 3, 2016 @ 3:52am
Member Summary
Staff Summary
Categorized in
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

rated:
I was able to get price match with Dell site for $149. No more running wires for HDMI for projector. Yay!

rated:
This is a good price for this. It gets expensive if you are trying to do multiple displays though. I looked into these for "whole house Roku," but here is another CHEAP option if you have unused existing coax in your walls and your display devices still have a coax, or you want to do another conversion at each display. The links below aren't the best deals, but have good pictures and info.

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Cirago-HDM2ACRCA-HDMI-to-AV-Converter-White/44503460 

RCA to Coax 

Coax Amplifier (only for cable runs longer than 100 ft or multiple displays) 

Long story short, the coax in my walls is no longer connected to any outside source, and every coax outlet inside now displays whatever source I want. The quality is about the same as digital cable. Switching from the same source direct HDMI to my coax network on a 60" reveals almost no difference. No one else could even notice a difference except for me. You can skip the HDMI to RCA converter if you have a Roku etc that has RCAs or a receiver that outputs RCA.

If you are SUPER cheap, you don't even need the RF Modulator (RCA to coax). Just use an old VCR to get a coax output. 

rated:
We have one of these, it's connected to an X1 box with RF remote in our guest room and to my son's bedroom TV about 15 ft down the hall. It's not perfect but it gets the job done and saves me the cost of an additional cable box. I do have to reset it every once and awhile but that might be the fault of the X1 box more than the Actiontec.

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2016