posted 1 month ago by
Antonius66

Gamersgate has it for $42 in blue coins, which are their in house currency...you buy them and redeem on the game.  You also get another 5% back in blue coins, so it cost me about $40 total.  Helps if you have used them before and have some coins laying around since you can only buy them in denominations of $5, so I had $7 laying around, which worked perfectly...I bought 35 more and took myself to zero but got another $2+ back.  Best deal I have seen.

http://www.gamersgate.com/DD-SID-MEIERS-CIVILIZATION-VI-ROW-GN/sid-meiers-civilization-vi?caff=685601 

12 Comments
Add Comment
rated:
What is the value of preorder? You won't get the game till everybody else does, so why pay now?
It's not like they will suddenly run out of digital downloads when the game comes out.

rated:
Other than the immediate access to the Aztec DLC content, nothing I suppose. Sometimes the sales are only available before the game goes live and then they price it back at full price. I am only putting out the info. Don't shoot the messenger.

rated:
Cant wait for this to come out! The reviews are great and from what Ive read theyve mostly fixed what I hated about civ 5. The religious victory will be interesting as well. Say goodbye to sleep!

rated:
I have purchased 45000 blue coins, now how do I use it to purchase the game?

rated:
You just click on buying the game and in the payment choices, you click Bluecoins.

rated:
PatioFurniture said:   Cant wait for this to come out! The reviews are great and from what Ive read theyve mostly fixed what I hated about civ 5. The religious victory will be interesting as well. Say goodbye to sleep!

I got  Civ 5 which on sale for $10 a few months back, don't seem to get the hang of how to play. Not sure why the game does not auto progress. Why I need to hit next turn.
its like playing chess, I make one step wait and then play next step. It is not like I am playing with another user so why does the game not progress automatically.
I have to admit I have never played any civ series games, used to play AOE and have all versions of it. Was expecting this to be like that but this is a big disappointment.

rated:
itsme13 said:   
PatioFurniture said:   Cant wait for this to come out! The reviews are great and from what Ive read theyve mostly fixed what I hated about civ 5. The religious victory will be interesting as well. Say goodbye to sleep!
  I got  Civ 5 which on sale for $10 a few months back, don't seem to get the hang of how to play. Not sure why the game does not auto progress. Why I need to hit next turn.
its like playing chess, I make one step wait and then play next step. It is not like I am playing with another user so why does the game not progress automatically.
I have to admit I have never played any civ series games, used to play AOE and have all versions of it. Was expecting this to be like that but this is a big disappointment.

How would the AI know when you were done with your turn?  It's possible you want to micromanage your city tiles, move automated units in a new direction, negotiate with other civs, etc.  I love both RTS and turn-based strategy games and civ is considered one of the best of the latter.  Give it a chance.

rated:
canoeguy1 said:   What is the value of preorder? You won't get the game till everybody else does, so why pay now?
It's not like they will suddenly run out of digital downloads when the game comes out.

In older times, you preordered because there would be limited supply and you wanted a guaranteed copy of something, that's true.  Now you preorder for both the extra in-game content but mainly because these preorders are effectively pre-release sales.  In other words, the discount ends the day before the game is released.  If you want the game the day it comes out and don't mind paying for it, why not get the discount?

rated:
Both my orders of blue coins just got flagged for review. Hope they still honor the sale if it takes a few days. Otherwise this feels scammy....

rated:
Mine went through right away and I activated the codes on Steam a minute later. I have heard sometimes they flag orders for review, especially from new customers but I have not had any issues. I have ordered games from them since 2008 but everyone's experience may vary I guess. Hopefully they will honor it if it takes a while.

rated:
If you have this installed in Steam, in case you were not aware, you can unpack and start now since Australia region has already been unlocked to play. VPN for the win.

rated:

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2016