Bestbuy.com have ATT Prepaid iPhone 5s 16GB with $45 Airtime for $195 with free shipping.

The phone can be easily unlocked from ATT to use with other GSM carriers.  

To unlock your AT&T phone or tablet to work on another wireless carrier's network:

1. Go to att.com/deviceunlock (page best viewed from a desktop or tablet).
  2. Read and agree to the eligibility requirements to unlock your device.
  3. Complete and submit the form. (Select 'No' for ATT Wireless Customer)

25 Comments
Add Comment
Moderator Comment: This thread is mirrored to these forums: MOBILE, LAPTOPS, AND COMPUTERS, HOT DEALS. — Dec. 10, 2016 @ 2:42pm
rated:
Good deal for my 12 year old kid. Planning to use it with lyca after unlocking the phone! Thanks OP!

rated:
I wonder if these have the Sprint bands also?

rated:
Not sure but Specs say: Voice Band: AWS 1700, AWS 2100, GSM 1800, GSM 1900, GSM 850, GSM 900, WCDMA (UMTS)

rated:
Three years ago when I bought an iPhone 5s, I researched the bands of the iPhone models for the various carriers.  I believe the phones for ATT and TMobile do NOT have the CDMA bands for Sprint or Verizon.  Although both Sprint and Verizon probably also use GSM, you will not have access to the CDMA bands.  My advice would be to not use this phone on either Sprint or Verizon.

rated:
To be clear, WCDMA is GSM 3G, which is used by AT&T and T-Mobile. It is not used by Verizon or Sprint.

rated:
If I want to use it on T-Mobile prepaid, will it work?

rated:
cs2010 said:   If I want to use it on T-Mobile prepaid, will it work?
  You would need to unlock it first, following the instructions here as a non-AT&T customer. Once unlocked, it will work on T-Mobile.

rated:
The unlock page says, "Prepaid / GoPhone® accounts
Your device must have been active for at least 6 months of paid service."

So it may not be as easy to unlock as you think.

rated:
johnpg said:   The unlock page says, "Prepaid / GoPhone® accounts
Your device must have been active for at least 6 months of paid service."

So it may not be as easy to unlock as you think.

That is only if you currently have an AT&T cellular account (including GoPhone, though not Cricket). If you do not have an AT&T cell phone account, you can submit the request immediately and get the phone unlocked -- it typically takes a day or two.

rated:
can this be used on Ringplus?

rated:
If I have AT&T. Can I use this with my plan, I need a new phone

rated:
that is if your plan includes data

rated:
In 4 1
But still not sure of unlockability and if its a new or refurb.
Any one tried it after buying in this BB deal?

rated:
jen5348 said:   can this be used on Ringplus?
  No, this version lacks CDMA for Sprint/Verizon. 

rated:
yes my plan includes data and text messages  so just to be sure I can just put my SIM card in and it's good to go  ...  thank you 

rated:
that's how it should work, but nothing is guaranteed. notice that iphone uses nano sim, and only iphone uses nano sim. If your sim is not or cannot convert to nano sim, then you cannot fit your sim into iphone, to make it work, then you have to switch your account to the new sim that came with the iphone. Also, you dont have to, but better off trying, to submit the unlock request, before turning it on.

rated:
Great find, OP! I wonder if you can sell the airtime separately, on eBay or whatever. If that's the case, this is a smoking hot deal.

rated:
kareddy006 said:   Bestbuy.com have ATT Prepaid iPhone 5s 16GB with $45 Airtime for $195 with free shipping.

To unlock your AT&T phone or tablet to work on another wireless carrier's network:

Att device unlock page does not recognize the IMEI. Does any body know if this device comes unlocked, since it is fully paid

rated:
conncarl said:   Great find, OP! I wonder if you can sell the airtime separately, on eBay or whatever. If that's the case, this is a smoking hot deal.
  I don't think so unless the SIM can be used on other phones. The airtime is programmed into the SIM.

rated:
buyitnowornever said:   
kareddy006 said:   Bestbuy.com have ATT Prepaid iPhone 5s 16GB with $45 Airtime for $195 with free shipping.

Att device unlock page does not recognize the IMEI. Does any body know if this device comes unlocked, since it is fully paid

I tried after couple of days and the att device unlock page recognized the IMEI. 

rated:
Does it work under T-Mobile if unlock?

rated:
Yes, it works with any GSM carrier after unlocking!

rated:
Beware the $45 activation cards.

I unlocked the phone, then activated the $45 30 day  card on-line before inserting the SIM (TMO temporary to unlock in it).  Went without a hitch, new phone number and all, no personal information.  The next day, my daughter (14) who the phone was for, had to call in and ask why she couldn't make calls out.  Turned out they wanted a copy of the receipt for the phone + 45-day card otherwise they'd turn the service back off in 10 days.  

Just so you know - seems that AT&T is cracking down on these $45/30-day cards - $10/ea available on eBay!  Buyer beware, seller be aware!

rated:
TowHead said:   Beware the $45 activation cards.

I unlocked the phone, then activated the 45 day card on-line before inserting the SIM (TMO temporary to unlock in it).  Went without a hitch, new phone number and all, no personal information.  The next day, my daughter (14) who the phone was for, had to call in and ask why she couldn't make calls out.  Turned out they wanted a copy of the receipt for the phone + 45-day card otherwise they'd turn the service back off in 10 days.  

Just so you know - seems that AT&T is cracking down on these $45/30-day cards - $10/ea available on eBay!  Buyer beware, seller be aware!

When you called did the agent verify $45 airtime  was for the iphone you purchased ?        

rated:
gocint said:   
TowHead said:   Beware the $45 activation cards.

I unlocked the phone, then activated the 45 day card on-line before inserting the SIM (TMO temporary to unlock in it).  Went without a hitch, new phone number and all, no personal information.  The next day, my daughter (14) who the phone was for, had to call in and ask why she couldn't make calls out.  Turned out they wanted a copy of the receipt for the phone + 45-day card otherwise they'd turn the service back off in 10 days.  

When you called did the agent verify $45 airtime  was for the iphone you purchased ?        

I never called, my daughter did on her own, and told me about it asking where my receipt was... Don't know what's happening or care real much - I've told her to follow-up in a few days but she's been real independent with her new phone, her first.  Regardless, AT&T disabled her phone the next day after I had it confirmed working, receiving and dialing - and turned it back on when telling her to get the receipt.

At worst, the IMEI gets blacklisted and I get my credit card refunded.

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2016