• filter:
  • Page :
  • Text Only
  • Search this Topic »
Voting History
rated:
Corona MA 60042 Machete Carbon Steel , 22" Blade
Link:  http://www.staples.com/Corona-MA60042-22-Machete/product_1262562 

Reviews for reference @ AMZN: https://www.amazon.com/Corona-MA-60042-Machete-22-Inch/dp/B000H5SYQU/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1477243842&sr=8-2&keywords=Corona+MA60042+22%22+Machete

I saw it for less at Sears. com, but shipping killed it.  Can be stacked with  coupons, and / or rewards.

Perfect fore fall clean up or Halloween.

More deals in the official Staples clearance thread.
Member Summary
Staff Summary
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

rated:
Too bad it doesn't come with a hockey mask

rated:
Staples link is broken.

rated:
mydogsassy said:   Too bad it doesn't come with a hockey mask
  hahah! green for you buddy.

rated:
Finally a store where I can buy an office desk, toilet paper, and machetes in a single trip.

rated:
What kind of carbon steel does this blade have ?

rated:
Just in time for Halloween?

rated:
r00st said:   What kind of carbon steel does this blade have ?

Great questions! I googled technical specs for Corona products and downloaded their catalog. Interestingly, my blade, which is 7 years old, has 'Carbon Steel' writen below the Corona Logo.. The Catalog claims the steel used for what looks to be the same machete is simply 'Tempered'. This is not a misprint as they claim 16 of their other products are made of Carbon Steel (Control F for Find, put 'carbon' in the search box).No sign anywhere of Rockwell Hardness data... Keep in mind these are of Chinese Manufacture. Even if they did provide the technical specs you request, I'd consider any answer suspect. For my purposes, this is the best product I've used. That said, Tropical bush is very different from what you may find in Northern climes. A stouter, less flexible blade may better serve your needs if you are above the Mason-Dixon line. The trade off is in weight, and that is of significant import if you are swinging the thing all day long. In terms of US-made blades, Ontario out of New York are of the best quality I have seen. A heavy, Parkerized blade that comes out of the box with a reasonable edge. The fit and finish are exceptional. The frigg'n thing, however, weighs fully twice what the Corona does and hence why I rarely use it. When I do use it, I know I have something exceptionally well made in my hands.

Credit AMZ Q&A... 

rated:
If people in your office are carrying machetes, it's time to polish that resume.

rated:
Oh good, I've always wanted to buy a machete while looking for copy paper and pencils.

rated:
This is probably fine for everyday menial work in the mail room or IT dept., but if you hold a title such as V.P. of Marketing & Mayhem you'll want to get a professional model....also available at Staples.

Bond Manufacturing 8203 22" Professional Machete

rated:
While the price it good compared to what it sells elsewhere the tool itself is of poor quality. I was surprised to discover that it lasted about a day before the handle became trash. This is a better choice from what I have been told by people that own it
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0001WBIEY/ref=ox_sc_sfl_title_1?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=ATVPDKIKX0DER

rated:
The last time I recall a machete deal, at woot, people stated that the best bang for your buck is the machete available at the Tractor Supply Co. Not always in stock, but around $10 when it is, it rivals the more expensive models.

I did not buy one, just passing on what many others stated then. I ended up getting the $9 deal from woot:
"5ive Star Gear Incolma 18" Machete"

For me it ended up being a steal since they accidentally shipped me two.

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2016