• filter:
  • Page :
  • Text Only
  • Search this Topic »
Voting History
rated:
Picked up a Gamo whisper Silent Cat .177 cal. pellet rifle @ WalMart for $69.99. Marked down from regular price of $144. Most of their pellet rifles at the store were clearance priced. Another Gamo was down from $244 to $119. A couple others were marked down also.
It has quite a crack using alloy pellets. Supersonic @ 1200 FPS. Only hear the spring when using lead pellets that travel subsonic around 1000 FPS
WalMart doesn't have it on their website
Gamo website 

This is not suitable for home defense,
Powerful enough to hunt small game while still quiet & cheap to plink around the backyard with.

Member Summary
Staff Summary
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

rated:
Santa Claus: You'll shoot your eye out, kid

rated:
can you post link? I can't find it on wm.com

rated:
Had to go anyway so checked New Castle, In and no mark down.

rated:
the dang thing is loud if cocked and fired without pellet

rated:
1me2ao said:   the dang thing is loud if cocked and fired without pellet

Good way to scare unwanted animals off your property. Just like using a firecracker, but much easier/safer.

rated:
Paladen said:   
1me2ao said:   the dang thing is loud if cocked and fired without pellet

Good way to scare unwanted animals off your property. Just like using a firecracker, but much easier/safer.

Isn't firing w/o pellet a no-no as it damages the seal (or something internal)?

rated:
wreck the seal and break the spring or whatever it has, yes.

rated:
Coworker went to get one at a different WalMart. He said it wasn't marked down but when he had it scanned it came up at the reduced price

rated:
Don't dry fire it! Why would you do that?!

rated:
Might be this one:

http://brickseek.com/walmart-inventory-checker?sku=12537971

Not available at any of the stores anywhere around me.

rated:
I picked this one up on clearance for $119, which I thought was a pretty good deal:

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Gamo-Bone-Collector-Bull-Whisper-.177...

rated:

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2016