• filter:
  • Page :
  • Text Only
  • Search this Topic »
Voting History
rated:

Member Summary
Staff Summary
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

rated:
This is my opinion of the usability of this product. I'm not a fanatical prepper, just someone who wants to live through a natural disaster. So I have been "prepping" for a few years...
This is only a 20,000 calories bucket. If you're an average male, you need around 1500 "balanced" calories to stay healthy. If you only need to stay alive for a week or two, this will be fine. Anything past that and you'll start having vitamin deficiency issues. Though obviously staying alive and hungry for 30 days is better than being dead after 2 weeks. Even at 1500 kcal/day you're not going to be doing much active work. If you need to gather wood or perform other manual tasks you will need calories on top of that 1500.

Deal comparison:
I bought the ARK buckets from Costco on sale for $99. Link is for comparison, not a price deal.
https://www.amazon.com/Chefs-Banquet-All-purpose-Readiness-Servings/dp/B005A15YUU

2100 calories per day for 30 days. Deal price is 630 kcal/$.

Even at full price, the Chef's Banquet is a marginally better deal at 420 kcal/$ vs this deal which is 400 kcal/$.

However, some protection is better than none, so if this is all you can afford, buy it! If you have a few 100 to spend, look for a better deal.

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2016