• filter:
  • Page :
  • Text Only
  • Search this Topic »
Voting History
rated:
Newegg has theMediasonic HFR2-SU3S2 PRORAID Box 4 Bay Raid 3.5" SATA Hard Drive Enclosure with USB 3.0 & eSATA for $149.99 (free shipping, at least with Shoprunner or Premier). Use coupon code 1025AUYGM48 for an additional $15.00 off, making the total $134.99 (half of the regular $269.99 price). Use Cashback sites for some more money back.

Link to item:

​http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16816322004&ignorebbr=1 

• USB 3.0
  • eSATA

• Windows XP / VISTA 32-/64-bit / Windows 7 / Windows 8 (with MBR enabled, supports total capacity up to 2TB)
  • Windows Vista / 7 / 8 32-/64-bit (with GPT enabled, supports total capacity more than 2TB)
  • Mac OS 10.3 or later

• Interface
  • Supporting OS
  • Power Adapter: 100V to 240V
  • Dimensions (HxWxD): 6.5in. x 5in. x 8.5in. (166mm x 126mm x 215mm)
  • Weight: 4lbs (1.8kg) (excluding hard drives)
  • Safety Specification: CE / FCC / Rohs

Moderator Comment: This thread is mirrored to these forums: MOBILE, LAPTOPS, AND COMPUTERS, HOT DEALS. — Dec. 6, 2016 @ 10:17am
Member Summary

Mediasonic HFR2-SU3S2 (12.79kB)
Thanks BMWLVR82
Disclaimer
Most important detail:
Support Single Drive Mode, Raid 0 / 1 / 3 / 5 / 10
Staff Summary
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

rated:
Does anyone have experience with this or other dedicated raid boxes? I am upgrading soon and want a RAID box to attach to my router.

rated:
I have the old version of this, been running it for 3 years now and it works flawless. Was worth every penny.

rated:
I stick with QNAP and Synology. Don't trust my critical data to off-brand devices.

rated:
GeeDeezy said:   I stick with QNAP and Synology. Don't trust my critical data to off-brand devices.
  You just trust it to branded manufacturers who require proprietary replacement drives with no guarantees that they will exist or be available in the future.

rated:
GeeDeezy said:   I stick with QNAP and Synology. Don't trust my critical data to off-brand devices.
  Don't think those are in the same category.  Those are Network Attached Storage (NAS), so anyone on your network (PCs, TV,s etc) can access it,  this one does not appear to support ethernet (only USB and Sata) so for me it does not work.  If I only had one device needing access it might be good.

rated:
this is not NAS, you plug it into eSATA port and it gives you 4 more bays to stick your drives into. If you want to RAID it or anything it's all going to be software-based from your PC.

rated:
SteelRing said:   this is not NAS, you plug it into eSATA port and it gives you 4 more bays to stick your drives into. If you want to RAID it or anything it's all going to be software-based from your PC.

According to the Specs, this is incorrect, at least the part about the RAID.  It appears that the RAID aspect is built in on this box. 

rated:
Back on sale with 1101BLNKFS212 coupon. Not as good as OP, but still $10 off, making it $139.99 with Free Superegg Saver shipping

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2016