Avatar
posted 1 month ago by
lobbybee
Senior Member

Utilitech Pro 60W Equivalent Dimmable Warm White A19 LED Light Fixture Light Bulb 
Item # 740062
Model # YGA03A37-8.5W-D-830
$1.24 Was $4.98
Save 75% thru 11/19/2016

This is a great dimmable bulb. I put four of these into my ceiling fan/overhead lights and they work great with my remote controlled dimmer.

Edit: added LED to title

5404 Views
17 Comments
Add Comment
rated:
$3.73 in Minn

rated:
2.49 for me - I bought some more expensive bulbs from Amazon for a ceiling fan...and they didn't go off. Got to a faint yellow, and that was it. Now I'm leery as the ceiling fan globe removal was a beast! Great price if they work for you though! Good deal.

rated:
Will have to check this out at my bm

Thanks

rated:
I find it is cheaper where it is unavailable.

rated:
I just saw a 2-pack of Philips 60-watt equivalent LED dimmable bulbs in HomeDep for $1.97.

this was in Michigan, as sometimes the utility companies are picking up the discount

rated:
got 4 of the 75w equivelent versions for $1.80 in Dallas area. they have 60w in stock too at 1.24 price

*update* jk, got a call saying they are OOS and cancelling order.

rated:
Got mine in Burbank, CA.
Try https: // brickseek [dot] com / inventory-check / Lowes /
with SKU 740062

rated:
2.49 in NJ. The 75w equivalent are over $8. I need 3 75w

rated:
The prices have fallen so much that their is hardly a section of CFL/Incadescent bulbs at the store. Wait another year and I'm sure all your wants/needs will be taken care of at the price you are dreaming of

rated:
MeIsCheap said:   The prices have fallen so much that their is hardly a section of CFL/Incadescent bulbs at the store. Wait another year and I'm sure all your wants/needs will be taken care of at the price you are dreaming of
  Not quite. Many of the bulbs are still incandescents. For example, almost all the specialty bulbs are still incandescent.

You still can't get any LED 100W replacement bulbs (1100 lumens)  in the PAR30/BR30 floodlight size, which is a major pain. It means we can't replace any of our major can lights with LED's, unless we want to tear the ceiling apart and add larger cans.

THE CRI of LED's is not the greatest either, and their heat issues continue to cause failures WAY before the optimistic llifespan claims of 50K hours.

LED's still have a long way to grow.

rated:
canoeguy1 said:   
MeIsCheap said:   The prices have fallen so much that their is hardly a section of CFL/Incadescent bulbs at the store. Wait another year and I'm sure all your wants/needs will be taken care of at the price you are dreaming of
  Not quite. Many of the bulbs are still incandescents. For example, almost all the specialty bulbs are still incandescent.

You still can't get any LED 100W replacement bulbs (1100 lumens)  in the PAR30/BR30 floodlight size, which is a major pain. It means we can't replace any of our major can lights with LED's, unless we want to tear the ceiling apart and add larger cans.

THE CRI of LED's is not the greatest either, and their heat issues continue to cause failures WAY before the optimistic llifespan claims of 50K hours.

LED's still have a long way to grow.
 

  100W incandescent bulb should give you more than 1100 lumens. I have clear bulb 100W that gives 1800 lumens and 100W frosted that gives 1200 lumens.

rated:
60W is way too dim. I miss the 100 watt and 150 Watt incandescent

rated:
slawek1 said:   
canoeguy1 said:   
MeIsCheap said:   The prices have fallen so much that their is hardly a section of CFL/Incadescent bulbs at the store. Wait another year and I'm sure all your wants/needs will be taken care of at the price you are dreaming of
  Not quite. Many of the bulbs are still incandescents. For example, almost all the specialty bulbs are still incandescent.

You still can't get any LED 100W replacement bulbs (1100 lumens)  in the PAR30/BR30 floodlight size, which is a major pain. It means we can't replace any of our major can lights with LED's, unless we want to tear the ceiling apart and add larger cans.

THE CRI of LED's is not the greatest either, and their heat issues continue to cause failures WAY before the optimistic llifespan claims of 50K hours.

LED's still have a long way to grow.

  100W incandescent bulb should give you more than 1100 lumens. I have clear bulb 100W that gives 1800 lumens and 100W frosted that gives 1200 lumens.

  Floodlights don't have the same efficiency, I think, since the only useable light is the light that comes out the bottom. The reflector is nowhere near 100% reflective.
 

rated:
There is 50 of them in Buckeye, AZ

rated:
I picked up a tray of 12 earlier today. Shown as clearance at the price shown by OP. Tried one to replace an incandescent bulb in a rarely used fixture and was pleasantly surprised as to the brightness. Did notice they were not at the location shown when I checked online but further down the aisle. So if you check in store keep looking. Nice to have the item number Handy (Item # 740062) if you need assistance. Thanks.

rated:
I bought 4 and 1 was DOA. Doubled checked in different fixtures. The bulb and its packaging looked perfect. Never had a brand new dead light bulb before.
I hope reliability is not the reason Lowes put them on clearance.

rated:
last 2 or 3 years ago, these light bulbs where $1.00 each on black Friday, just says. Still got a bunch, only had problem with one so far, started blinking when on.

  • Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply
     
    Click here for full-featured reply.


Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2016